Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129467 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2805 on: March 23, 2023, 03:40:14 PM »
A half century is what it takes to earn a rosette and our rosetteers today were auntiemo, Jancsika, dragonman and ozzys June and Jack – nice job!!! 👏👏👏

I’m guessing rogue_mother missed isthmuses as I’m guessing she found mushiest but, either way, she has to be satisfied with a rosettenear today with her forty nine commons found…

Roddles and blackrockrose, on forty eight, are dressed to the nines in their two two shorts and a fine pair of ballerinas they make… 😉😉😉

Meanwhile, yelnats and I were stars on forty five only to be followed two further back by vizal on forty three… Down by the ISTHMUSES, the SUTTEE SUSSES the exact moment in order not to MISTIME her leaping onto her husband’s funeral pyre as it HISSES and spits…

Next was Scouser1952 with twenty five commons in hand while 2dognight opting for just the two common seed words and this time doxydaisy was joined by Maudland as MIA…

Ninety three words is a high bar to clear so it is no surprise that just dragonman* and rogue_mother were our only 7beamers with mavenhood intact today – great effort!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity which is Gareth’s (dragonman) domain alone today… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: March 24, 2023, 06:03:22 AM »
With my having spent a few years of my youth on the Isthmus of Panama, you might think that I'd find isthmuses straightaway, but you'd be wrong.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: March 24, 2023, 03:04:06 PM »
I had to go to a usurer to get money to catch buses to find the ibises.
Regards, Jack

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #2808 on: March 24, 2023, 03:23:46 PM »
I got server but not serve. I got verse but not versus.

(Reburies head in sand.)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 03:25:20 PM by blackrockrose »

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2809 on: March 24, 2023, 03:26:42 PM »
Just nine rosetteers awarded in today’s fifty three common word puzzle and not a one given to our coterie of 7beamers… 😥😥😥

The best we could muster was a single rosettenear from Jancsika, with fifty two, to assuage our pride somewhat…

We had a better coverage with those who, by virtue of finding fifty one commons, were two short – yelnats, dragonman, rogue_mother and ozzyjune…

With an even half century, blackrockrose, ozzyjack and I were three words shy while auntiemo was a further three words back (behind ozzyjack) on forty seven… You don’t want to try to BRIBE a member of the Grenadier Guards, you know the ones who wear BUSBIES outside Buckingham Palace, as that may result in a rather unpleasant REVERIE on your part…

Next, with forty three commons to his credit, we find vizal while 2dognight and Scouser1952 found the common seed word and skedaddled… Meanwhile, doxydaisy was joined by Maudland and Roddles in the MIA column…

Eighty nine words is where the marker is set for mavenhood with rogue_mother and dragonman joined by ozzyjune today – well done all!!! 😎😎😎
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: March 24, 2023, 04:30:12 PM »
I had a bit of an issue with those wearing busbies! They wouldn't reissue my permit to enter said palace and they questioned  my show of verve (and perhaps reverie) when I approached the issuer of my original permit.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: March 24, 2023, 06:35:03 PM »

The best we could muster was a single rosettenear from Jancsika, with fifty two, to assuage our pride somewhat…

Glad I could salvage a bit of pride (until someone reburies it, that is!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: March 25, 2023, 06:46:38 AM »
Perhaps I might have spotted busbies if my evening had been beerier, but perhaps not. Busbies is one of my perennial bugaboos.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2813 on: March 25, 2023, 03:24:22 PM »
The lowered bar of thirty five common words has meant a huge uptick in rosetteers with 2dognight, blackrockrose, auntiemo, dragonman, Roddles and ozzyjune all doing what was required… Kudos to you all!!! 👏👏👏

With thirty four commons in their kitbags, yelnats and rogue_mother fell just one word short of the target to score rosettenears for themselves…

Meanwhile Maudland and I were clad in ballerina gear as we were two two short of the mark on thirty three – if we had another third, would that be a record??? It’s likely that if you have a RASCAL that he will act RASCALLY – after all, it would go against his nature for him to act otherwise…

Jancsika and ozzyjack found thirty two common words which put them three off the pace while vizal unearthed twenty nine and was closely followed by Scouser1952 who extracted twenty eight which leaves us with just doxydaisy unaccounted for…

Fifty three words will get you your mavenhood which dragonman*, rogue_mother, ozzyjack and 2dognight* managed with alacrity (and with an honourable mention to auntiemo* who fell one short of the mark) – well done everyone!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: March 25, 2023, 04:06:54 PM »
I missed cyclic, cyclical, cyclically and if you can make sense of that you are a better person than me Gunga din, apologies to Rudyard.
Regards, Jack

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: March 26, 2023, 12:27:20 PM »
I was indeed clad in my LYCRA ballerina gear - much more comfy than anything SILICA!

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: March 26, 2023, 02:01:21 PM »
My failure to find that final word for the rosette was a classically inept effort on my part.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2817 on: March 26, 2023, 04:05:07 PM »
A score of a score is all you needed today for a rosette and we had eight rosetteers who found all twenty common words: auntiemo, yelnats, 2dognight, rogue_mother, dragonman, ozzys June and Jack and Maudland – nicely done!!! 👏👏👏

Jancsika and Roddles missed out on a rosette by the smallest of margins so, with nineteen commons extracted, they get the consolation prize of rosettenears…

Today it was vizal’s turn to join me in ballerina gear as we had eighteen commons each making us two two short… Any software developer who makes their product FREEWARE should be met with due FANFARE…

Meanwhile Scouser1952 found ten commons while blackrockrose joined doxydaisy as MIA…

With thirty eight words being the target for mavenhood, 2dognight*, dragonman*, ozzyjack* and rogue_mother* all managed not just mavenhood but also rosetteer status!!! 😎😎😎🎉🎉🎉

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: March 26, 2023, 11:12:16 PM »
My lack of freeware proved costly.....

Roddles

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: March 27, 2023, 07:11:30 AM »
Afore I saw it, it had fled my mind.