Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129335 times)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2790 on: March 20, 2023, 01:00:23 PM »
A benign little polyp got in the way of my achieving a rosette.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2791 on: March 20, 2023, 03:23:51 PM »
Twenty two commons were targeted today and, scoring bullseyes, we have our rosetteers 2dognight, blackrockrose, dragonman, Scouser1952 and ozzys June and Jack – great job all of you!!! 👏👏👏

It seems odd to congratulate you as you missed a rosette by the slimmest of margins but, since you’re all twenty one today – this means you Maudland, Jancsika and rogue_mother – you can all have a rosettenear for your troubles…

A further word back on a score of a score we have yelnats, Roddles and myself who have become two short as a result… The COUSCOUS boiling on the stovetop let off a STACCATO drumbeat counting down the time till dinner…

Meanwhile, auntiemo, on nineteen, finds herself three off the mark followed by vizal on sweet sixteen with doxydaisy MIA again…

Three of our number had the wherewithal to find enough words to maintain their mavenhood – well done rogue_mother, dragonman* and 2dognight*!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: March 20, 2023, 04:03:45 PM »
Be a bit silly to feel like the utmost outcast just because I missed the word stucco.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: March 20, 2023, 04:42:42 PM »
I too came unstuck on stucco.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: March 21, 2023, 06:43:32 AM »
No need for a hankie; apparently my mucus wasn't mucous enough.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: March 21, 2023, 10:26:23 AM »
I’m not sure MUCOUS will stick in my head for long - which is a blessing.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 11:05:30 AM by Maudland »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: March 21, 2023, 03:37:22 PM »
My family are ribbing me for not recognising I was a barbarian and for missing Cabana.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2797 on: March 21, 2023, 05:20:23 PM »
Three dozen common words will earn you a rosette which is exactly what 2dognight, dragonman and Roddles did today as our three rosetteers out of just thirteen awarded!!! Well done you!!! 👏👏👏

So close and yet so far for our rosettenears, blackrockrose, Maudland and ozzyjune – just where did you all go wrong???

Next cabs off the rank were rogue_mother, vizal and ozzyjack on thirty three, three off the mark, with myself and Jancsika in hot pursuit on thirty two… I took my RAGBAG to the CABANA where I proceeded to soak my fruit in BICARB except, of course, my BANANA which, by virtue of having a disposable skin, did not require this treatment to wash off any residual chemicals…

With a score of thirty one we find yelnats and auntiemo whilst Scouser1952 could be found on twenty one today – congrats, Tony!!! Meanwhile, doxydaisy is again absent from the mix… 😥😥😥

Fifty two words total will reward you with your mavenhood, a task that dragonman*, rogue_mother, yours truly, blackrockrose, 2dognight* and Maudland were all up for – great job one and all!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #2798 on: March 21, 2023, 05:58:06 PM »
I have the greatest respect for rabbis, but RABBINIC is never going to make my list of favourite words now that it cost me a rosette.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: March 22, 2023, 08:28:48 AM »
I needed some bicarb after I missed rabbinic and ragbag.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: March 22, 2023, 12:19:33 PM »
I have the greatest respect for rabbis, but RABBINIC is never going to make my list of favourite words now that it cost me a rosette.
I could’ve done with some RABBINIC advice yesterday.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2801 on: March 22, 2023, 03:22:41 PM »
Out of three hundred and fifty one players there were only seven who found all twenty eight common words and not a single rosetteer amongst our coterie… 😥😥😥

We did better in the rosettenears category with three of our number – Roddles, rogue_mother and Maudland – finding twenty seven of those twenty eight words…

Being two short, in such circumstances, is not such a bad thing though I’m sure 2dognight, dragonman, ozzyjune and myself would have preferred to find those last two words…

With twenty five commons found, blackrockrose was three off the mark on twenty five commons while yelnats needs congrats for being on twenty one today and with a further gap of a word to Jancsika and auntiemo on twenty…

Just a single common separated Jancsika from vizal who found nineteen with Scouser1952 five behind him on fourteen and ozzyjack on eleven… We’re missing you Anne (doxydaisy) – please come back!!! 🙏🙏🙏

Mavenhood starts at fifty nine today with rogue_mother and dragonman our outstanding 7beamers in that category – well done!!! 😎😎😎

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: March 22, 2023, 09:17:21 PM »
I made a BOOBOO thinking I had played BISON
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: March 23, 2023, 07:54:20 AM »
I was bitten by a no-see-um.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: March 23, 2023, 10:41:01 AM »
Did you hear the secret signal over there, RM? I wonder if BONNIE picked it up in Oz? 🤦🏼‍♀️