Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129421 times)

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2775 on: March 15, 2023, 04:24:17 PM »
I'd like to TITILLATE my MEALTIME with TACTILE food, but I know chips and popcorn aren't good for me!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: March 15, 2023, 04:36:05 PM »
At my age, I am hard to titillate.
Regards, Jack

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: March 16, 2023, 07:59:01 AM »
I missed mealtime, so no dessert for me.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: March 16, 2023, 11:44:22 AM »
Living in the Chilterns, I should be more familiar with CALCITE.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2779 on: March 16, 2023, 05:38:14 PM »
Did anyone else keep seeing eskimo???

To score two score will reward you with that elusive rosette; that rosette that eluded everyone in our coterie and all but nine of the three hundred and fifty eight players in today’s game…

Gareth went one better than he did yesterday and managed to get a rosettenear for his efforts – well done dragonman…

2dognight, yours truly, ozzyjune and Maudland found thirty eight of the forty common words making us all two short… I don’t wish to MINIMISE my OMISSION but…

Meanwhile Roddles was three off the mark on that wonderful prime number, thirty seven…

Next was blackrockrose on thirty six with Jancsika and auntiemo chasing her down (well, almost) on thirty five…

Hot on their tails was vizal on thirty four with rogue_mother chasing him on thirty two who in turn was being hounded by yelnats on thirty one…

Next was ozzyjack on thirty just one behind yelnats while Scouser1952 found seventeen commons with doxydaisy the only one MIA…

Eighty two words will get you mavenhood and our historical mavens, rogue_mother and dragonman, did not disappoint today – well done!!! 😎😎😎
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Roddles

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: March 17, 2023, 09:18:35 AM »
I need to minimise the smell of noisome onionskin when trying to find words.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: March 17, 2023, 12:09:36 PM »
I think I'll just sit in the corner and suck my thumb. For some reason I just wasn't seeing the words. I can't quite figure out how I could get to Maven and still miss eight commons. Sigh.

Maybe it was because, like RTT, I kept seeing eskimo and couldn't see anything else.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2782 on: March 17, 2023, 04:48:55 PM »
Much to my surprise, in this twenty nine common word puzzle, I seem to have been the first of our coterie to be a rosetteer and I was joined there by dragonman and ozzys June and Jack – nice work everyone!!! 👏👏👏

With twenty eight of those common words discovered, 2dognight, Jancsika, vizal, Roddles and Maudland will have to make do with rosettenears…

Meanwhile, rogue_mother, blackrockrose and auntiemo found twenty seven commons which made them all two short…

Twenty six commons brought yelnats to the fore to be three off the mark while Scouser1952 found nineteen of those dastardly words and doxydaisy remains MIA…

With a target of fifty four for mavenhood, rogue_mother, yours truly* and dragonman* stepped up to the plate while 2dbecame a mavennear with fifty three… Good job!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: March 18, 2023, 11:47:45 AM »
I’m SORREL I let the 7beamers club down.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: March 18, 2023, 01:43:59 PM »
Of course I was two short! I had to resole my dancing shoes before I could perform the bolero.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2785 on: March 18, 2023, 03:28:28 PM »
Sixty common words proved too high a hill to climb for anyone in our select group of 7beamers, with only six rosetteers overall out of three hundred and fifty nine players…

Again we have dragonman attempting to salvage some modicum of pride for us by being our only rosettenear with fifty nine of those common words discovered…

Meanwhile, rogue_mother, by virtue of a score of fifty eight commons, finds herself two short again…

One word further back, on fifty seven and hence three short of the mark, we have ozzyjune with Jancsika and blackrockrose two common words behind him on fifty five…

On fifty four commons we find auntiemo with me following two further back on fifty two, eight off the pace… With ASSONANCE and CONSONANCE the order of the day the CISSIES, ensconced in the NOSECONE, proceeded to INCISE the SCANSION by making an INCISION into the argument to CANONISE the radical poet, Ernesto Cardinel…

Forty seven words brought yelnats to the fore while vizal had the answer to life, the universe and everything…

Scouser1952 could be found with thirty four common words to his name while ozzyjack found all three common seed words and 2dognight found two of them before calling it quits… Joining doxydaisy as MIA we have Maudland and Roddles today…

You almost have to be a centenarian to preserve your mavenhood (ninety nine being the threshold) which only dragonman managed to do, so well done you!!! 😎😎😎
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 10:37:10 AM by ridethetalk »

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: March 19, 2023, 01:43:22 PM »
I must declare my innocence; I had no idea that there was any such word as scansion.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2787 on: March 19, 2023, 03:39:12 PM »
I had no idea that there was any such word as scansion.

Me neither...

...and assonance and consonance stir only vague memories...

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2788 on: March 19, 2023, 03:43:03 PM »
With just twenty seven common words for a rosette, I expect we should have more people attempting to score a rosette! our rosetteers today were blackrockrose, 2dognight, auntiemo, Jancsika, dragonman and ozzys June and Jack – well done all!!! 👏👏👏

So near and yet so far! I joined rogue_mother, yelnats and Maudland with a score of twenty six making us all rosettenears… It seems my brain decided to ELOPE removing any chance of me celebrating with a rosette!!!

Next cabs off the rank were Scouser1952 and Roddles on twenty three – four off the pace while vizal was two further back on twenty one today – congrats!!! 😉😉😉 We’re into another weekend and still we’re missing the presence of doxydaisy – I trust she is OK…

With one word shy of fifty you won’t need to be shy about declaring your mavenhood as ozzyjack*, rogue_mother, ozzyjune*, 2dognight*, dragonman* and yours truly found out… Nicely done!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: March 20, 2023, 12:35:34 AM »
Scansion, assonance and consonance are all more familiar to me than POLYPROPYLENE. (Whether I’d have spotted them is a different question! My brain seems less plastic these days.)