Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129345 times)

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2760 on: March 12, 2023, 05:39:57 PM »
I missed monotone.

But yesterday's was a collaboration with my 2 sisters as we were together to celebrate my older sister's birthday.  The first time in about 3 years we have been together.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: March 13, 2023, 01:24:55 AM »
For those interested, I'm up at one of my favourite spots in Australia - Mt Hotham - with family and friends and, this morning, we trekked up to Mt Loch and back - a distance of some 11 kms but well worth it for the views! When I got back I had myself a shower and then had a 2 hour nanna nap at 2pm!!! I got awakened by the rain which had threatened as we were nearing the lodge. Here's a happy snap taken from Mt Loch looking back on where we'd come from...

Oh wow, that’s quite a view!

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: March 13, 2023, 01:27:00 AM »
I missed monotone.

But yesterday's was a collaboration with my 2 sisters as we were together to celebrate my older sister's birthday.  The first time in about 3 years we have been together.

Sounds like a very un-monotonous occasion! Hope it was fun.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: March 13, 2023, 01:29:52 AM »
I was too entranced by a MOONBEAM to hunt down that missing word.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: March 13, 2023, 12:06:17 PM »
In an effort to spur their team to victory, the batmen thought they might erect a totem pole featuring their team mascot, but their idea failed because they were under the influence of a moonbeam.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: March 13, 2023, 03:18:57 PM »
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2766 on: March 13, 2023, 07:03:48 PM »
Just got back from Mt Hotham – what a lovely Labour Day weekend trip…

A quarter of a century of commons will see you with a rosette today and blackrockrose led off our rosetteers with Roddles, auntiemo, 2dognight, yours truly, Maudland, rogue_mother, Jancsika and ozzyjune all doing what was required to get a rosette… Great work!!! 👏👏👏

Just missing by the smallest of margins so with rosettenears to their names we have yelnats and ozzyjack on twenty four commons… What word tripped you up???

It looks like being two short is getting to be a habit for dragonman who had twenty three commons today and was joined there by vizal – I hope it’s not age related… 😉😉😉

Meanwhile, Scouser1952 found five commons including the seed word before deciding that discretion was the better part of valour… MIA again was doxydaisy – odd as it is the weekend…

With a score of two score you will score a maven badge which is exactly what ozzyjack, 2dognight*, dragonman, ozzyjune*, Roddles* and rogue_mother* managed to do – well done all of you!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #2767 on: March 13, 2023, 08:23:26 PM »
I missed umber. I could put it down to my colour blindness or that I have never heard of it. Or both!

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: March 14, 2023, 03:03:53 PM »
Of the 14 words I failed to see, not one was unknown to me or even vaguely excusable. Just one of those days!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2769 on: March 14, 2023, 03:40:04 PM »
A fifty five common word target made for a very small list of rosettes – only four out of three hundred and sixty one players – and not a one amongst our coterie… ☹☹☹

At least we managed to rustle up a couple of rosettenears thanks to 2dognight and rogue_mother who found all but one of those fifty five commons…

Meanwhile, Jancsika stole the two short mantle from dragonman today with fifty three commons to his name…

Speaking of Gareth (dragonman), he was joined by ozzyjune on fifty two, three off the mark…

I was joined by blackrockrose a couple of words further back on a neat half century… It is impossible to MISSTATE the importance of making sure you don’t MISTIME the planting of your MAIZE kernels if you want them to METASTASISE into full grown corn plants which you can ASSIZE at the local market… (assize???)

Next cab off the rank was yelnats on forty seven while vizal had the answer to life, the universe and everything but not those other common words…

A further word back was auntiemo on forty one while Scouser1952 joined the fun and games with thirty one common words under his belt…

Roddles and ozzyjack saw the high common word count and went for the seed word alone while doxydaisy was joined by Maudland as being MIA…

With a fifty five common word count it will come as no surprise that the maven threshold was one hundred and seven words – a target only exceeded by rogue_mother and dragonman… Well done both of you!!! 😎😎😎

PS. Sorry for yelling before - a misplaced "{" instead of a "["...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 09:50:38 PM by ridethetalk »
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: March 14, 2023, 06:46:51 PM »
My messmate and I were in tizzies over our rosettelessness.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: March 15, 2023, 08:08:16 AM »
I'm generally aware of British vs American spelling differences and had no difficulty with itemize/itemise, but I somehow failed to spot that the seed word could also be spelled metastasise.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2772 on: March 15, 2023, 12:14:46 PM »
My daughter has just shown me the "Word of the day" on dictionary.com.

March 13th's word was humuhumunukunukuapuaa which is either of two trigger fishes from the indo-pacific coral reefs.

Look out 'cos this has just seven unique letters in it!!!  >:D >:D >:D

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: March 15, 2023, 03:04:41 PM »
I think I could easily  make a licit claim to have militate declared uncommon.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2774 on: March 15, 2023, 03:26:26 PM »
Thank Roddles for flying the flag for us as our only rosetteer, and one of only seven awarded, in today’s forty three common word puzzle… 👏👏👏

Hot in pursuit of Roddles were our rosettenears rogue_mother, 2dognight, ozzys June and Jack and Maudland who all had the answer to life, the universe and everything but not what that final word might be…

Getting back to his preferred two short position is dragonman on forty one commons extracted…

Following closely behind him were blackrockrose, yelnats and auntiemo who scored two score, three off the pace, while I was trying to chase them down on thirty nine… Due to CLIMATIC extremes, I decided to have my MEALTIME, TEATIME to be precise, under the shade of the ACACIA…

Harrying my heels was Jancsika on thirty eight while vizal was just three behind him on thirty five…

Scouser1952 was next on sweet sixteen while doxydaisy was again MIA…

Alone in his mavenhood was dragonman as the threshold was a daunting eighty eight words – great work, Gareth!!! 😎😎😎