Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129373 times)

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2745 on: March 08, 2023, 04:07:39 PM »
I was caught wearing SHORTS in the HOTHOUSE, and my ETHOS saw me being sent to the OUTHOUSE.

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: March 08, 2023, 09:49:53 PM »
I was shutout from the shootout for wearing shorts, and that's the truth!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: March 09, 2023, 03:27:57 PM »
I am at wit's end, trying to put Monomania,initiation, and annotation into a short sentence
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2748 on: March 09, 2023, 03:35:22 PM »
I love it when the target is that delightful prime, thirty seven, as it is today and we had seven rosetteers in 2dognight, dragonman, rogue_mother, Roddles, ozzyjune, Maudland and auntiemo… Well done all of you!!! 👏👏👏

Next we have Jancsika who, on thirty five, becomes two short while, on thirty four commons unearthed, ozzyjack and blackrockrose were three off the mark…

On four off the pace, thirty three for all those who are counting, we have yelnats and yours truly… At a MINIMA a MINION with a MANIA would have a MONOMANIA…

Next to join the party was vizal on twenty nine followed by Scouser1952 on eighteen with doxydaisy our sole MIA today…

Unlike yesterday when the common word count was sixty four, today that count goes to making you a maven with mavenhood achieved by ozzyjack, rogue_mother*, dragonman* and 2dognight* - great work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

For ozzyjack: As an annotation to the requirements for membership, an initiation is most definitely desired but monomania isn't...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: March 09, 2023, 08:07:07 PM »
If I drank more red wine, would the tannin help me attain a rosette?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 09:06:05 PM by jancsika »

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2750 on: March 09, 2023, 10:37:39 PM »
Heads up: I'm off with family for the Labour Day long weekend so my diatribe will be somewhat delayed over the next few days...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: March 10, 2023, 06:14:53 PM »
I'm not a very good hearer, so they won't give me a rosette!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2752 on: March 10, 2023, 08:08:25 PM »
With fifty one common words on offer, I expect there will be a few people choosing not to go the whole hog but that can’t be said for our rosetteers Jancsika, rogue_mother and ozzys Jack and June – well done!!! 👏👏👏

With a half century to their names, auntiemo, Roddles and yelnats missed by the smallest of margins but at least can take solace in having a rosettenear…

Gareth (dragonman) was two short on forty nine commons extracted from those dastardly letters…

I was joined by blackrockrose on forty eight, three off the mark, while vizal was a further four back on forty four commons uncovered… While staying at the DACHA the muzhik started out getting an EARACHE which quickly developed into a HEADACHE…

Scouser1952 was next with thirty one common words discovered which leaves just 2dognight (with both seed words in her kitbag) amongst the 7beamers attempting this puzzle… Maudland joined doxydaisy as a MIA…

With sixty seven words necessary for mavenhood status, ozzyjack* excelled as did dragonman, rogue_mother*, ozzyjune* and Roddles… Great effort all!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: March 11, 2023, 03:11:31 PM »
I can hardly believe I missed titbit

I hope you didn't do it again, because I did >:( >:(
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2754 on: March 11, 2023, 03:18:54 PM »
With the answer to life, the universe and everything comes a rosette today and dragonman and yelnats, as rosetteers, had the wherewithal for both – well done you!!! 👏👏👏

With forty one common words found, 2dognight and ozzys Jack and June will have to make do with rosettenears…

Maudland, with forty words in her kitbag, is in the unenviable position of being two short which begs the question, two short for what???

A word further back, on thirty nine, we have the triumvirate of Roddles, rogue_mother and auntiemo whilst Jancsika, blackrockrose and I found thirty eight… Making the BANANA a delightful TITBIT is the BLATANT, INALIENABLE right of our cousins the chimpanzee…

Joining the party on thirty four commons we have vizal followed by Scouser1952 on twenty seven with doxydaisy our only member MIA today…

Leading the way in the mavenhood stakes by blasting through the eighty word barrier we have ozzyjack*, followed by rogue_mother and dragonman* - great work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: March 11, 2023, 03:29:59 PM »
When I arrived at the biennial craft show, I made a beeline for the quilt exhibits. It is my inalienable right to do so.....so don't try to stop me!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: March 12, 2023, 12:09:15 AM »
It'd be libel to suggest I made a titbit from a shin-bone, albeit tibial.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: March 12, 2023, 10:12:05 AM »
With a titbit more awareness, perhaps I could have played netball, albeit most Americans have little knowledge of that sport.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: March 12, 2023, 11:42:10 AM »
Here’s a TITBIT of news - the field opposite my flat is now TILLABLE.
(I’m seeing quite a few titbits!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2759 on: March 12, 2023, 04:50:32 PM »
With two score words you’ll have scored yourself a rosette but I’m sure our rosetteers 2dognight, Roddles and ozzys June and Jack are already aware of that!!! Great work!!! 👏👏👏

Frustration must have abounded for our rosettenears yelnats and Maudland who, with thirty nine common words found, stumbled at the final hurdle – what word brought you down???

With thirty eight commons to his name dragonman was caught two short…

Next were Jancsika and rogue_mother on my favourite prime number thirty seven which places them three off the mark followed two further back by blackrockrose…

On thirty two common located we have auntiemo ever so closely followed by vizal on thirty one…

Scouser1952 was next on twenty five with a gap of ten to me on just fifteen today which makes my usual dissertation on the words I missed quite impossible!!! MIA was doxydaisy alone today…

As far as I can tell the mavenhood threshold was set around seventy five words total with dragonman, ozzyjack* and 2dognight* meeting that benchmark – good job!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

For those interested, I'm up at one of my favourite spots in Australia - Mt Hotham - with family and friends and, this morning, we trekked up to Mt Loch and back - a distance of some 11 kms but well worth it for the views! When I got back I had myself a shower and then had a 2 hour nanna nap at 2pm!!! I got awakened by the rain which had threatened as we were nearing the lodge. Here's a happy snap taken from Mt Loch looking back on where we'd come from...