Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129394 times)

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2715 on: March 03, 2023, 06:49:39 PM »
If I were a libber, I'd protest my inalienable right to a rosette....

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: March 04, 2023, 02:12:44 AM »
At this rate, getting a rosette will be a BIENNIAL event …

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: March 04, 2023, 09:33:45 AM »
Not a good day! An illiberal barbarian launched an aerial assault on a blind rabbi who was reading in braille.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2718 on: March 04, 2023, 10:30:18 AM »
Not a good day! An illiberal barbarian launched an aerial assault on a blind rabbi who was reading in braille.

Maybe not for you but I enjoy reading the resultant sentence...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: March 04, 2023, 01:29:36 PM »
By the way, his time was fully billable because he was a lawyer, naturally. How could I forget?

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: March 04, 2023, 03:05:03 PM »
My Valvular was pumping blood to the heart but it appears to have been giving the brain a miss
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2721 on: March 04, 2023, 03:15:47 PM »
Well, I agree with twenty five of the twenty six common words touted today. Were 2dognight, dragonman and rogue_mother surprised when VALVULAR came up common??? Congrats on your rosetteer status!!! 👏👏👏

I now know that at least one other of the rosettenears today missed valvular (eh ozzyjack?) – I was joined as a rosettenear by auntiemo, Jancsika, ozzyjune, Maudland and ozzyjack – what say the rest of you???

Our diminutive cadre were blackrockrose, vizal and Roddles who, with twenty four commons, were just two short…

A further word back on twenty three we have yelnats while Scouser1952 found thirteen… Our only 7beamer MIA was doxydaisy…

All our rosetteers preserved their mavenhood by finding at least fifty five words in total and were joined there by ozzyjack… 😎😎😎 And, for our double dippers:🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: March 04, 2023, 07:50:26 PM »
Missing out on a rosette once again just caused me heartache - I wonder if it's valvular?

(fwiw I'd never come across the word either...)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: March 04, 2023, 11:44:33 PM »
Missing out on a rosette once again just caused me heartache - I wonder if it's valvular?

(fwiw I'd never come across the word either...)

Me too!!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: March 05, 2023, 01:39:51 AM »
Seems we all have VALVULAR problems - didn’t realise it was contagious. Now I have a dim memory of it coming up before … Third time lucky?

Roddles

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: March 05, 2023, 07:32:54 AM »
My uvula might be valvular, but that's the first time I have ever used valvular in a sentence.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: March 05, 2023, 03:10:00 PM »
Valvular was not a problem for me; it has come up before and I had no trouble with it then, either. My brain just works in a different way, I suppose. The last word I found for my rosette was rural, a very ordinary common word. Go figure.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2727 on: March 05, 2023, 03:21:37 PM »
Another tough 7-by-many puzzle with just six rosettes awarded and no rosetteers finding all fifty common words from our coterie… ☹☹☹

Almost getting there were our rosettenears (salvaging at least some honour for us) dragonman and Maudland with forty nine common words…

We again had a couple of ballerinas in the form of 2dognight and Jancsika who were two two short…

Meanwhile ozzyjune was three off the pace on forty seven commons uncovered one ahead of yours truly with forty six… He gave forth with a FIERIER ALLELUIA after getting a REFERRAL for a cheap AIRFARE…

Next was rogue_mother on forty five commons while Scouser1952 found forty three one ahead of vizal who had the answer to life, the universe and everything but missed those other eight commons…

A further word back we find yelnats on forty one with auntiemo four words further back on that prime number that holds a special place in my heart, thirty seven…

Finally we have Roddles on two commons and ozzyjack on one having both uncovered the seed word and realising the high common word count…  As MIA we had blackrockrose joining doxydaisy…

Ninety two words will result in a maven score and mavenhood was achieved by yours truly, dragonman and rogue_mother… Well done!!! 😎😎😎

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: March 05, 2023, 11:09:51 PM »
No ALLELUIA from missing out on a rosette
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: March 06, 2023, 07:23:48 AM »
Not finding FERRULE meant my chances of a rosette fell apart. .