Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130857 times)

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2700 on: February 27, 2023, 09:50:43 PM »
Maybe if I practiced my oratory I'd sound less of a yobbo....

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #2701 on: February 27, 2023, 09:54:10 PM »
There wasn't a Yobbo on the byroad, but there was a yabby!

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: February 28, 2023, 09:48:29 AM »
A blue-footed booby was feeling broody, but she wouldn't accept just any old baddy for her mate.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2703 on: February 28, 2023, 03:18:59 PM »
With three hundred and fifty four players, only thirteen found all forty six common words with our players contributing three of those – well done to our rosetteers 2dognight and ozzys Jack and June!!! 👏👏👏

Maudland missed by the slimmest of margins which, just for the record ( :-R :-R :-R ), means she found forty five…

With forty four commons found we have dragonman, rogue_mother and Roddles which makes the three of them two short…

Meanwhile, a further word in arrears, we have yelnats and auntiemo on forty three – three off the mark…

Jancsika had the answer to life, the universe and everything but not those final four common words while vizal, blackrockrose and yours truly were a further word back on forty one commons… In today’s HECTIC world, it is certainly CHICHI to wear HEELLESS shoes and those doing so will have the CHEESIEST of grins especially when negotiating stairways shaped like HELICES…

Next was Scouser1952 with twenty eight commons extracted from those seed letters while doxydaisy returned to MIA status…

Mavenhood required eighty six words to be wrested from those seven letters which was done with alacrity by dragonman, rogue_mother, 2dognight* and ozzyjack* - nice work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: February 28, 2023, 04:41:48 PM »
Those stairways shaped like helices put an end to any theistic thoughts I might have been having and instead led me to the tetchiest of moods. (And I actually had on my heelless shoes).
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: March 01, 2023, 11:05:47 AM »
What the hell is HELICES?

Roddles

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: March 01, 2023, 11:40:05 AM »
What the hell is HELICES?
The plural of helix. I wonder whether the Nobel Prize winning double helix DNA structure of Drs Crick and Watson should more properly be referenced as 'double helices'!

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: March 01, 2023, 12:57:16 PM »
Trying to find properly fitting heelless shoes can be rather hectic at times.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2708 on: March 01, 2023, 04:29:02 PM »
We almost reached double digits in the rosetteers stakes today with nine of our crew finding all twenty nine common words; in order: blackrockrose, auntiemo, rogue_mother, 2dognight, dragonman, yours truly, Roddles and ozzys June and Jack – great work everyone!!! 👏👏👏

Spitting chips at missing that final word but with rosettenears clutched firmly in their hands we have yelnats and Maudland…

Next, on twenty five found and four off the mark we have Jancsika followed by vizal on twenty one today (congrats 😉) and Scouser1952 on thirteen with doxydaisy MIA again… It looks like we might be benefitting from doxydaisy’s presence on weekends only… 😐😐😐

Our target today for mavenhood was set at forty five and dragonman*, rogue_mother*, 2dognight* and yours truly* all hit the bullseye combined with the daily double… Well done us!!! 😎😎😎🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: March 02, 2023, 09:46:59 AM »
So, I had an excuse for missing helices - but what’s YOURS?!?! 😳

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2710 on: March 02, 2023, 04:02:51 PM »
Congrats all those who found all twenty one common words today, this means you rosetteers 2dognight, Jancsika, dragonman, Roddles, Maudland and yours truly!!! 👏👏👏 My second last common word was rhymester and my last common word was, weirdly enough, rhymer

Another four of our 7beamer family were rosettenears with auntiemo, rogue_mother and ozzys June and Jack all missing by the smallest of margins…

The next 7beamer to join the party was yelnats on seventeen, four off the mark, closely followed by vizal on sweet sixteen…

Scouser1952 was next with an even dozen words found and doxydaisy was joined by blackrockrose as MIA…

Just thirty four words total will reward you with your mavenhood and those who have done so include 2dognight*, rogue_mother, yours truly* and dragonman*… Well done!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: March 02, 2023, 05:05:58 PM »
It will take me a while to get this failure out of my system.
Regards, Jack

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: March 02, 2023, 08:23:40 PM »
OMG  Jack. I need to get something out of my system too!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: March 03, 2023, 01:08:36 AM »
I didn't use enough emery when I was polishing my word list.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2714 on: March 03, 2023, 04:18:29 PM »
I had forty three commons before I found the common seed word! How on earth did it take so long considering how often I use it???  :-R :-R :-R

Three hundred and forty eight players and only five rosettes in total in this fifty one common word puzzle with none from our coterie… ☹☹☹

At least we managed three rosettenears in the form of dragonman, Maudland and ozzyjune to salve our battered egos…

If, like Jancsika, you scored forty nine commons you’ll now find yourself two short…

If, on the other hand, you scored forty eight, like 2dognight and Roddles, you’ll have avoided that fate but will be three off the mark…

I was joined by yelnats, rogue_mother and vizal in being six off the pace on forty five – not a record to write home about… 😉😉😉 The ILLIBERAL BARBARIAN made a BEELINE for the AERIE where he found a BEANIE and some LINEN…

Back in the saddle we find blackrockrose on thirty eight while auntiemo could be found nine further back on twenty nine and Scouser1952 was a score further back with a score of eighteen… This time ozzyjack kept doxydaisy company as being MIA…

One hundred and five words made for a challenging maven score with only rogue_mother and dragonman maintaining their mavenhood… Good work!!! 😎😎😎