Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129417 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2550 on: January 26, 2023, 03:28:20 PM »
Back up into the thirties today for common words (thirty five) and we find that 2dognight again tops the list of rosetteers with doxydaisy, Maudland and ozzys June and Jack joining her there – great effort all!!! 👏👏👏

Missing by that singular word, with thirty four commons accounted for, we have Jancsika, dragonman and auntiemo but, at least, they got rosettenears for their efforts!!!

Today’s diminutive (😉) player, being two short on thirty three (could that be a record?), was rogue_mother while I joined yelnats in being three words off the mark on thirty two… I RERAN the numbers and, even ensconced in my AERIE, it was definitely RAINIER last year than is usual…

Next 7beamer to make a splash was vizal with twenty nine commons to his credit with Roddles a further two words back on twenty seven and last, but by no means least, Scouser1952 on an even dozen… Our only 7beamer not accounted for was blackrockrose…

Mavenhood starts with sixty nine words with rogue_mother, ozzyjack*, 2dognight* and dragonman fulfilling those requirements… Well done you!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 07:10:46 PM by ridethetalk »
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: January 26, 2023, 03:41:15 PM »
Maybe if they reran the game, I might get a rosette....

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: January 26, 2023, 03:56:05 PM »
Well, I think you're a meanie for not giving me a rosette!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: January 27, 2023, 08:38:48 AM »
It may seem inane, but I failed to spot annexe after I missed it last September. It still looks bizarre to me.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: January 27, 2023, 03:18:15 PM »
 :angel: I'm having trouble thinking of a politically correct sentence (or 2) using settee, suttee, suture, uterus and uteruses.
I have amused myself enough... >:D

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2555 on: January 27, 2023, 03:47:33 PM »
LOL auntiemo...  ;D ;D ;D

Quite a high common word count with fifty seven commons necessary for that (for some) elusive rosette – today this resulted in no rosetteers at all amongst our crew and only nine overall!!!

Better luck (just) in the rosettenear category with dragonman flying the flag for us…

Sitting on fifty five commons we find ozzyjune who was two short to reach the heady heights of rosetteland…

Meanwhile, rogue_mother and I were relegated to four words off the pace with fifty three commons unearthed… Having been bitten by the TSETSE fly, the STUTTERER found himself unable to meet his loan repayment obligations which only made his TERSER USURER testier than normal…

Next were yelnats, Jancsika and auntiemo on fifty two commons extracted followed by blackrockrose on forty seven…

Subsequent to them was vizal on thirty nine with ozzyjack clocking in on an even dozen before we see 2dognight, Scouser1952 and Roddles all finding the seed word and skedaddling post haste… MIA today we have doxydaisy and Maudland…

While we didn’t score any rosettes, we had more success in the mavenhood department with dragonman and rogue_mother both getting at least the requisite eighty two words… Well done!!! 😎😎😎
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2556 on: January 28, 2023, 04:28:16 PM »
Back down to a more “doable” target of twenty five common words which our rosetteers, 2dognight, auntiemo, rogue_mother, dragonman, Roddles and ozzys June and Jack, seemed to find more agreeable… Good work all!!! 👏👏👏

Next, on twenty two commons and three off the mark, was Jancsika followed a couple further back by yelnats and blackrockrose on twenty…

Nineteen commons brought Maudland onto the board and she was chased by yours truly on eighteen – seven off the pace… The TACITURN CRITIC with a CATARACT tried not to INCUR an IRRITANT but failed when presented with the AURIC CAIRN…

On sweet sixteen we find vizal with Scouser1952 in hot pursuit on fourteen whilst doxydaisy was MIA…

It was a challenge indeed to garner the sixty nine words for mavenhood but dragonman* and 2dognight* managed it… Well done you especially as you both scored the double!!! 😎😎😎🎉🎉🎉
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 12:41:50 PM by ridethetalk »

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: January 29, 2023, 12:04:52 PM »
My usually TACITURN inner CRITIC (and that’s a TRAIT I appreciate) has been berating me for doing so badly in the 7-by-many yesterday. It got so bad, that to muffle the AURIC scolding, I put on my best TIARA and poured a CITRIC cocktail. That’s better!

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #2558 on: January 29, 2023, 01:57:23 PM »
My usually TACITURN inner CRITIC (and that’s a TRAIT I appreciate) has been berating me for doing so badly in the 7-by-many yesterday. It got so bad, that to muffle the AURIC scolding, I put on my best TIARA and poured a CITRIC cocktail. That’s better!

;D ;D ;D

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: January 29, 2023, 03:21:13 PM »
I am heading to a shebeen to drown my sorrows but I wouldn’t expect to find one in Australia.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2560 on: January 29, 2023, 03:33:07 PM »
With just twenty common words needed for a rosette, one might have expected more rosetteers but, out of three hundred and thirty five players, there were only fourteen overall with two of these, 2dognight and dragonman, being from our crew… Well done both of you!!! 👏👏👏 Could it have been the inclusion of shebeen as a common word??? (Just putting it out there…)

Of those who were rosettenears, ozzys June and Jack, rogue_mother, auntiemo, yelnats and Roddles were our contributors – was shebeen the word that tripped you up???

They may object but there’s no denying that Jancsika, doxydaisy, blackrockrose and Maudland are all two short with eighteen common words found…

Meanwhile, I was joined on seventeen, three off the mark, by Scouser1952… Missing a rosette may ABASH some people but the categorisation of SHEBEEN as common is what really what ABASHES me - it might even drive one to drink!!!

Next was vizal on fourteen commons extracted from the seven letters - whose idea was it to have the “H” as the common letter anyway???

I was convinced that a target of thirty nine words for mavenhood was going to be difficult to achieve yet ozzyjack, 2dognight* and rogue_mother still hit the bullseye!!! Nice work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity which goes solely to 2dognight today… 🎉🎉🎉

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: January 29, 2023, 03:58:39 PM »
Yep....apparently I should have gone to the shebeen to look for my rosette.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: January 29, 2023, 04:10:28 PM »
I may be right about not finding one in Australia but this was not always the case.  There was one at  36 Manchester Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000

Quote from: Greg Moskovitch in the Brag Media 16.06.2016

Last week’s announcement that beloved Melbourne watering hole and live music spot Shebeen was to close imminently was an especially sad event for music fans, who’ve grown accustomed to seeing their favourite venues go under.

Shebeen was, of course, a venue with a difference. Founded by Simon Griffiths, the owner of socially conscious Who Gives A Crap toilet paper, and veteran Melbourne publican Vernon Chalker, the venue gave 100 percent of its profits to charity.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 04:12:41 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: January 29, 2023, 08:14:10 PM »
Would a sahib frequent a shebeen to consume his "medicinal" gin and tonic?

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #2564 on: January 29, 2023, 10:54:06 PM »
I knew the meaning of shebeen from my month in South Africa 55+ years ago but first try spelled it shabeen (maybe the Sth African accent?). I missed shies!!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 10:56:23 PM by yelnats »