Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129381 times)

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2535 on: January 22, 2023, 03:18:01 AM »
I missed GREENGAGE off the list, both chi and shopping.

You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

TRex

• Eulexic
  • ~50 miles from Chicago, in the Corn (maize) Belt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: January 22, 2023, 04:21:27 AM »
All my missed words I may have got in a lower scoring game, but brain overload set in. And courtesy of the #1 ladies detective agency I kept seeing Gaborone. And I would never consider baronage common! Probably unknown in the US.

I think baronage is well-known in the USA. We may not have them, but we read enough / see enough stories with them! And we have plenty of [robber] barons!

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: January 22, 2023, 02:12:09 PM »
I wanted to stuff a beanbag with the contents of my ragbag after I took a swig of eggnog, but I left it all in the garage.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2538 on: January 22, 2023, 03:39:22 PM »
A score of a score common words will get you a rosette which is exactly what our rosetteers auntiemo and ozzys June and Jack did!!! Good work!!! 👏👏👏

Missing by one is something that will earn you a rosettenear as 2dognight, rogue_mother, yelnats, Roddles and Maudland can all relate to as they didn’t quite score a score (nineteen to be precise!)…

Meanwhile, Jancsika, dragonman and blackrockrose may have been striving for that rosette but they came up two short on eighteen…

I was joined on sweet sixteen, four off the mark, by vizal and we were just one word ahead of Scouser1952… MIA today was doxydaisy… After going to ANOINT myself with ONION I will ATTAIN the requisite TAINT that should protect me from vampires…

The quest for mavenhood has reverted to our most reliable characters: rogue_mother and dragonman, who both exceeded the threshold of forty four words… Outstanding work, both of you!!! 😎😎😎
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #2539 on: January 22, 2023, 04:13:55 PM »
I have set an example without dioxin. May the world follow suit.

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: January 22, 2023, 05:37:35 PM »
I'm going to have to work harder if  I'm ever to attain 7-b-m titan status...

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: January 23, 2023, 09:41:53 AM »
The world is better off without dioxin, but one can't currently get a rosette without it.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: January 23, 2023, 11:03:38 AM »
I looked at the definition of DIOXIN, but am none the wiser.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2543 on: January 23, 2023, 03:19:56 PM »
Twenty six common words was the target today with our rosetteers being dragonman, ozzyjune, Maudland and ozzyjack all scoring bullseyes – well done all!!! 👏👏👏

Rosettenears missed that target by just one word and our coterie managed to have as many rosettenears as rosetteers with 2dognight, Roddles, doxydaisy and auntiemo all scoring twenty five common words to their credit…

Being two short produced the same number of 7beamers as rosetteers (or rosettenears) in the form of yelnats, rogue_mother, yours truly and blackrockrose, all with two dozen common words to their name… With the price of fruit rising so rapidly, there may come a day when you need to LAYAWAY that PAPAYA rather than outright purchasing it!!!

Our sole 7beamer on twenty three, three off the mark, was Jancsika while vizal was a further five words behind him on eighteen…

Next was Scouser1952 on seven commons to round out our collective contributions… All our regulars were in attendance today!!! 😊😊😊

Mavenhood beckoned for rogue_mother, doxydaisy, ozzyjack* and dragonman* and was answered in kind… Nice work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2544 on: January 24, 2023, 03:28:01 PM »
Thirty common words were on offer today and taking up that offer were our rosetteers 2dognight, auntiemo, dragonman and ozzys June and Jack – grand job all!!! 👏👏👏

Maudland found twenty nine of those thirty commons and landed herself a rosettenear for her troubles…

Meanwhile, rogue_mother was a further word in arrears with twenty eight commons making her two short today…

Another word back, on twenty seven and three words off the mark, we have blackrockrose, yours truly, yelnats, Jancsika and Roddles… After their weekly service, the LAITY went out and TASTILY enjoyed a HALAL meal…

Next cab off the rank was vizal on nineteen commons discovered while Scouser1952 unearthed the seed word and beat a hasty retreat which leaves doxydaisy as our sole 7beamer MIA!!!

Fifty five words were required to maintain your mavenhood with rogue_mother, dragonman* and 2dognight* meeting that standard today – great work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

Scouser1952

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: January 24, 2023, 06:43:06 PM »
John,
I believe I retreated hastily!
Tony

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2546 on: January 24, 2023, 08:34:11 PM »
John,
I believe I retreated hastily!
Tony

Touché...  ;D ;D ;D

...or should I say: boom boom!!!

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: January 25, 2023, 09:39:05 AM »
Bah - I came to the puzzle LATISH and missed a rosette.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: January 25, 2023, 12:34:01 PM »
I might have enjoyed the halal meal tastily, if only I hadn't gotten lost.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2549 on: January 25, 2023, 03:14:46 PM »
A few fewer common words today (twenty two to be precise) and many more 7beamers (nine!) becoming rosetteers with 2dognight leading off auntiemo, yours truly, dragonman, doxydaisy, Maudland, Roddles, rogue_mother and ozzyjune… Nice work everyone!!! 👏👏👏

Being twenty one today means you’re a rosettenear so congratulations must go to yelnats…

Dancing around in their two two short ballerina gear on twenty commons found we have blackrockrose and Jancsika – goodness you both look sweet… 😉😉😉

Meanwhile vizal found eighteen, four off the pace, followed by Scouser1952 who found fourteen and ozzyjack who uncovered twelve…

And with only twenty eight words needed to secure your mavenhood, it’s no surprise that dragonman*, auntiemo*, 2dognight*, yours truly* and rogue_mother* all stepped up to the plate!!! Great work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity which, in this instance, was each and every mavenhooder… 🎉🎉🎉