Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129520 times)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2520 on: January 18, 2023, 09:32:44 AM »
I delayed entering the melee because I wanted to rewarm my cold lunch, but this was not within the realm of possibility.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2521 on: January 18, 2023, 03:17:18 PM »
A rather interesting twenty common word puzzle today in that there was only a single vowel on offer however, this didn’t prove too difficult for our rosetteers Roddles, auntiemo, doxydaisy, 2dognight, dragonman, rogue_mother, Maudland and ozzys June and Jack – what a great effort!!! 👏👏👏

Meanwhile Jancsika, yelnats and vizal found nineteen of those twenty to make themselves rosettenears…

Of our coterie, I was the only one on eighteen common words which made me two short especially as I had the seed word!!! Doh!!! The artist had so much VERVE that he was said to almost EFFERVESCE…

Next was Scouser1952 on fourteen commons uncovered while blackrockrose was just cruising along and failed to join us for this puzzle…

Mavenhood never comes easy but still we had a fair smattering of them kicking around – 2dognight*, dragonman*, rogue_mother*, ozzyjune*, yelnats, doxydaisy*, ozzyjack*, yours truly, auntiemo*, vizal, Roddles* and Maudland* all had the wherewithal to find at least two dozen words… Good work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

Adjusted to show Moyra's mavenhood and double dignity... Sorry Moyra...  :-P :-P :-P
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 10:53:47 PM by ridethetalk »
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: January 18, 2023, 04:15:32 PM »
I've never been severer on myself than I am today...

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: January 18, 2023, 06:42:27 PM »
 :-R
Do I only have single dignity? I got an unmentioned maven...and no asterisk. I'll give myself one *. I am joking of course as I rarely even notice when I achieve a maven, as it's not my priority.
Moyra
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #2524 on: January 18, 2023, 08:45:49 PM »
I lost my verve, but have only now seen my maven.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 08:47:39 PM by yelnats »

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2525 on: January 18, 2023, 10:50:59 PM »
:-R
Do I only have single dignity? I got an unmentioned maven...and no asterisk. I'll give myself one *. I am joking of course as I rarely even notice when I achieve a maven, as it's not my priority.
Moyra

You did indeed, Moyra - my most humble apologies. It seems like some things still go through to the keeper...  :P :P :P

I'll fix it immediately...  :angel: :angel: :angel:
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: January 19, 2023, 12:10:57 PM »
Thank you.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2527 on: January 19, 2023, 03:32:07 PM »
It must have been a hard climb to sixty two for our rosetteers today but, credit where it’s due, auntiemo and ozzys Jack and June did an amazing job of ticking off every last common word – well done all of you!!! 👏👏👏

Meanwhile, rogue_mother found herself two short on sixty commons painfully extracted from the seed letters…

I was next on fifty nine, three off the mark, and I have to ABASE myself on having a large number of RESALABLE BEARER bonds… (I was sure I’d played bearer…)

After me came dragonman on fifty eight followed ever so closely by Jancsika on fifty seven and doxydaisy on fifty six…

A further word back was vizal with fifty five then a gap of two to yelnats on fifty three (just within the single digits outstanding)…

Scouser1952 joined the party on twenty eight commons which, on any other day, could have been a winning score!!!

Seeing the high common word count, 2dognight and Roddles found the seed word and beat a hasty retreat!!! Maudland joined blackrockrose on the MIA list…

At least one hundred and three words were needed to restore or maintain one’s mavenhood with ozzyjack*, rogue_mother, ozzyjune* and dragonman all making the extra effort to get there!!! Great effort!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: January 20, 2023, 09:34:53 AM »
If the rosette was useable, would it be resalable?
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2529 on: January 20, 2023, 03:12:38 PM »
A swag of 7beamers were rosetteers in today’s twenty one common word puzzle – blackrockrose, auntiemo, Jancsika, yelnats, rogue_mother, Roddles, 2dognight, doxydaisy, dragonman, yours truly, Maudland and ozzys June and Jack all got there in the end!!! Awesome effort everyone!!! 👏👏👏

So close and yet so far makes vizal a rosettenear with twenty common words extracted from the seed letters followed by Scouser1952 on eighteen commons, just three off that elusive rosette!!!

The fight for mavenhood was fiercely fought with thirty two words needed and dragonman*, 2dognight*, yours truly* and rogue_mother* all doing the requisite work to achieve mavenhood to go along with our rosettes… 😎😎😎🎉🎉🎉 Hat tip to vizal who missed his mavenhood by the same measure he missed his rosette – does that make him a mavennear??? I wonder which word he needed???

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: January 21, 2023, 03:11:05 PM »
I was guilty of consuming a vast quantity of eggnog whilst listening to music from the Christmas genre.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2531 on: January 21, 2023, 03:55:07 PM »
All I can say is, thank goodness for Carol (2dognight) who salvaged our respect by being the only 7beamer to become a rosetteer in today’s forty seven common word puzzle – one of only fourteen awarded!!! Well done, Carol!!! 👏👏👏

Our rosettenears were in greater supply with dragonman and ozzys June and Jack all finding forty six commons…

With forty five commons tucked into their belts, Jancsika and auntiemo danced around the final two words in their two two shorts…

Meanwhile Roddles was three off the pace on forty four followed ever so closely by rogue_mother on forty three…

Next were doxydaisy and yours truly on forty one, six words shy of a rosette… He sat, ensconced in his ANGORA BEANBAG, listening to his favourite GENRE of music, smoking his favourite brand of OREGANO (😉😉😉) from his RAGBAG of illicit substances while GANGGRENE slowly established itself in his extremities…

On thirty nine commons we find yelnats whilst vizal was hot on his heels on thirty eight and blackrockrose on his with thirty seven with Scouser1952 finding thirty six… Maudland was our only MIA member today…

Eighty three words will afford you your mavenhood with ozzyjack, dragonman, rogue_mother, 2dognight* and ozzyjune all gaining or maintaining this level of aptitude – great job!!! 😎😎😎 Carol (2dognight) excelled by being our only double duty player today!!! 🎉🎉🎉

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: January 21, 2023, 04:47:34 PM »
Moyra, I am blaming my lack of eggnog for not having the energy to finish the puzzle.
Regards, Jack

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: January 21, 2023, 05:00:04 PM »
I really do need to reengage with the 7-by-many genre if I want to stand a chance of getting a rosette....

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #2534 on: January 21, 2023, 09:15:47 PM »
All my missed words I may have got in a lower scoring game, but brain overload set in. And courtesy of the #1 ladies detective agency I kept seeing Gaborone. And I would never consider baronage common! Probably unknown in the US.