Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129404 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2460 on: January 08, 2023, 10:29:55 AM »
Although I managed to dredge hellebore from the distant recesses of my memory, and even knew it was a plant of some sort, I'm not sure why I know it. I suspect it could be a candidate for reclassification.

Please suggest it to Alan...  >:D >:D >:D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: January 08, 2023, 10:32:02 AM »
Seems I’m a REBEL in the words I miss too  :-R

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: January 08, 2023, 02:03:39 PM »
Alas, there was no bottom to my borehole.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: January 08, 2023, 03:05:56 PM »
When I'd finished with yesterday's 7bm, there were still some fairies in the friaries. I hope they picked up my rosette before they left.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2464 on: January 08, 2023, 03:27:24 PM »
A tough fifty five common word puzzle that some may decide to not engage with but which saw our coterie score three out of the seven rosettes with our rosetteers being dragonman and ozzys Jack and June – great work all!!! 👏👏👏

No rosettenears today but, finding herself two short today on fifty three, we have auntiemo…

A further word back on fifty two, and three off the pace, we have rogue_mother while 2dognight and I were another two words back on an even fifty common words extracted from those pesky letters… The ASSASIN RERAN the numbers while hiding in the FREESIA bush outside the FRIARIES but couldn’t find a way that RAREFIES the damage done were he to commit murder within those grounds…

A couple of words behind us was Jancsika on forty eight with blackrockrose and vizal another two behind him on forty six…

A further two commons in arrears we find yelnats on forty four and then a bit of a gap to Scouser1952 on twenty seven and finally Roddles who found the seed word and scarpered… It appears that doxydaisy was joined by Maudland as MIA…

A grand total of one hundred and thirteen words or more will see you rewarded with a maven score and those of our crew who were so rewarded were ozzyjack*, rogue_mother and dragonman*… Enjoy your mavenhoods, you deserve to!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: January 09, 2023, 03:13:25 PM »
Even my aftershave could not attract a rosette
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2466 on: January 09, 2023, 03:29:46 PM »
I don’t know about anyone else but, being a fan of Doctor Who, I was disappointed that tardis wasn’t allowed… Anyway, this was a challenging puzzle with forty one common words on offer with only twelve rosettes taking up on that offer, out of three hundred and forty five players, but at least we had three amongst those rosetteers in the guise of 2dognight, dragonman and Roddles… Well done, folks!!! 👏👏👏

Meanwhile, ozzys June and Jack and auntiemo missed by the smallest of margins making them rosettenears today…

Being cut off at the ankles on thirty nine made rogue_mother two short while Maudland, on thirty six, and Jancsika, on thirty five, were the next cabs off the rank…

Joining the party on thirty four were blackrockrose and yelnats while I was relegated to the long play on thirty three… The DASTARD, sitting drinking a cup of CASCARA tea, tried to cause CRISIS a by putting a DIACRITIC in the name of the SITARIST, who was unmoved because he had a CATARACT and couldn’t see the offensive mark or, indeed, the CARCASS of his SITAR…

A score of twenty five commons saw vizal join the fun and games while Scouser1952 did the same with a score of seventeen while doxydaisy were MIA…

Seventy six words will garner you a maven score with just two of our crew achieving their mavenhood – good job, dragonman* and 2dognight*, especially as you both were rosetteers as well!!! 😎😎😎🎉🎉🎉
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 11:00:37 PM by ridethetalk »

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: January 09, 2023, 10:07:24 PM »
Diacritic
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

TRex

• Eulexic
  • ~50 miles from Chicago, in the Corn (maize) Belt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: January 10, 2023, 05:03:32 AM »
I don’t know about anyone else but, being a fan of Doctor Who, I was disappointed that tardis wasn’t allowed…

But dalek is accepted in Chihuahua!  ;D ;D ;D

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2469 on: January 10, 2023, 09:49:25 AM »
Indeed...  :-R :-R :-R

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: January 10, 2023, 10:00:12 AM »
The sitarist was reduced to a mere carcass after he played extremely poorly.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: January 10, 2023, 10:03:08 AM »
I don’t know about anyone else but, being a fan of Doctor Who, I was disappointed that tardis wasn’t allowed…

There are a couple of reasons why TARDIS isn't in the lexicon. The first is that nobody has requested it, as best I can determine. The second is that it is an abbreviation, typically spelled TARDIS. Sometimes such words can be incorporated into the Chihuahua lexicon, like scuba or snafu, but sometimes they are not, as with SETI. An admittedly cursory Google search indicates that when it is not spelled in all caps, it is usually capitalized as a proper noun.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2472 on: January 10, 2023, 10:36:33 AM »

There are a couple of reasons why TARDIS isn't in the lexicon. The first is that nobody has requested it, as best I can determine. The second is that it is an abbreviation, typically spelled TARDIS. Sometimes such words can be incorporated into the Chihuahua lexicon, like scuba or snafu, but sometimes they are not, as with SETI. An admittedly cursory Google search indicates that when it is not spelled in all caps, it is usually capitalized as a proper noun.

I really need a tongue-in-cheek emoji...  >:D >:D >:D

BTW. We're off to see Avatar: The Way Of Water this afternoon so my synopsis will be delayed - of course, should someone else want to do it, that's OK too!!!  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 10:45:00 AM by ridethetalk »

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2473 on: January 10, 2023, 05:22:26 PM »
I'm back!!! OK, it wasn't a Terminator movie so I'm not sure why I said that!!!  :-R :-R :-R

Not a good puzzle for me I’m afraid, but at least some of us managed to be rosetteers and find all forty four common words, eh, 2dognight, dragonman and ozzys June and Jack??? Great work!!! 👏👏👏

With forty three common words and a rosettenear under his belt we have Roddles – just where did it all go wrong??? 😉😉😉

Next cabs off the ranks were Jancsika and rogue_mother on forty one commons liberated – three off the mark – just ahead of yelnats on an even forty…

Enjoying that wonderful prime number, thirty seven, were blackrockrose and vizal while auntiemo and I were relegated to thirty four, ten commons off the mark… The NARRATOR sat in the ARENA intending to NARRATE the EXTANT battle between the ANTEATER and the giant ant but the ANTENNAE on his transmitter was broken. However, the combatants decided to strike an ENTENTE before he could replace even one ANTENNA so, to ATONE for this lack of broadcast, he grabbed some RENNET and proceeded to make some cheese instead…

Scouser1952 found the seed word and skedaddled while doxydaisy and Maudland were MIA…

Eighty four words is a big ask for a maven score but was answered with alacrity by rogue_mother, ozzyjack*, 2dognight* and dragonman* - good job!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

Roddles

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: January 11, 2023, 08:00:44 AM »
It all went wrong when the anteater failed to appear.