Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130498 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2430 on: January 01, 2023, 05:43:28 PM »
Another twenty two common word target today, with blackrockrose leading the rosetteers off and 2dognight, dragonman, Roddles, ozzyjune, ozzymAndias, Maudland and ozzyjack following on behind… Nice work all!!! 👏👏👏

Rosettenears comprised of yelnats, Jancsika, rogue_mother and auntiemo – where did you all go wrong??? (Congrats BTW on being twenty one today…)

I was two short today with a score of a score but without the seed word – HEREUPON, there is no way I could PREEN myself given those words…

With another score of seventeen, vizal joins the pack while Scouser1952 was one word in arrears of him on sweet sixteen and doxydaisy was again MIA…

Fifty one words to reach mavenhood makes ozzymAndias*, 2dognight*, dragonman* and rogue_mother a part of this select crew… Good sleuthing, one and all!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2431 on: January 02, 2023, 03:57:11 PM »
An even thirty common words will compensate you with a rosette and dragonman, Roddles, Jancsika, Maudland and ozzys Jack, June and Andrew were thus compensated as our rosetteers of the day – excellent sleuthing!!! 👏👏👏

Just missing out on twenty nine we have auntiemo as our sole rosettenear – and the word that brought you undone was???

As our only 7beamer competitor on twenty eight, blackrockrose takes the dubious honour of being two short…

Meanwhile, on twenty seven, rogue_mother joins the board while yelnats and I were a further word back on twenty six commons uncovered… Embracing my MONOMANIA meant having to choose between having a LLAMA or a MAMBA as a pet – I went with the snake as the llama had a tendency to lick my windows and I was running out of AMMONIA with which to clean them…

Another word back, on twenty five and five off the pace, vizal made his presence felt and, to round things off, Scouser1952 was again on sweet sixteen with 2dognight and doxydaisy MIA…

Mavenhood awaits all those who found at least fifty two words total and those who tired of waiting included ozzyjack*, ozzymAndias* and dragonman* who all also scored the double!!! Well done you!!! 😎😎😎🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: January 02, 2023, 04:02:04 PM »
We matched again. This time it was monomania.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2433 on: January 03, 2023, 03:19:58 PM »
A contentious thirty six common word puzzle today with just eight rosettes overall from three hundred and thirty seven players but at least we had three rosetteers in the form of dragonman, ozzyjune and ozzymAndias… Amazing job!!! 👏👏👏

A better outcome for the rosettenears amongst us with 2dognight, auntiemo, Roddles and Maudland all missing by just one common word – I wonder if it was the same word???

A couple of ballerinas on thirty four as blackrockrose and rogue_mother were two two short…

Avoiding that fate by consequence of missing by three, I managed to find thirty three commons… The fisherman had to UNBUTTON his BURNOUS and take it off to keep it dry while trying to land the TURBOT…

Next, on thirty, was Jancsika followed very closely by yelnats on twenty nine with vizal two behind him on twenty seven…

Coming in on twenty two was ozzyjack while Scouser1952 joined the fun at eighteen with just doxydaisy MIA today…

The price for entrance to mavenhood was forty nine words, a task well within the capabilities of dragonman*, 2dognight, ozzymAndias*, rogue_mother and auntiemo while I was a bridesmaid on forty eight… ☹☹☹ Well done maveneers!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: January 03, 2023, 08:33:48 PM »
Could do with a BURNOUS at the moment - sounds cosy! I’m sure I’d have got it, too, if it wasn’t the plural of the equally common (imo) burnou, as it’s defined. (Burnou not allowed though, apparently.)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: January 03, 2023, 09:09:02 PM »
Too warm in SE Queensland to worry about a burnous yesterday.

Roddles

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: January 04, 2023, 08:38:06 AM »
My sonorous response to the solution was not for publication!

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: January 04, 2023, 09:34:20 AM »
Avoiding that fate by consequence of missing by three, I managed to find thirty three commons… The fisherman had to UNBUTTON his BURNOUS and take it off to keep it dry while trying to land the TURBOT…

I was able to land the turbot, but I failed to unbutton my burnous. Perhaps it was because I grew up spelling the name of the garment burnoose.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2438 on: January 04, 2023, 03:14:29 PM »
With twenty eight common words on the block, we scored a lot of rosetteers with ozzyjune leading off 2dognight, ozzymAndias, ozzyjack, yelnats, dragonman, auntiemo, Jancsika, rogue_mother and Roddles – that’s ten of the sixteen or so members of the 7beamers club!!! Way to go!!! 👏👏👏

As one of the two rosettenears, (vizal was the other) I just wonder wattle you all think of me for having missed ACACIA… :-R :-R :-R

Another pair of ballerinas, blackrockrose and Maudland, in their two two short on twenty six common words…

Meanwhile, Scouser1952 reverted to sweet sixteen and doxydaisy was again MIA…

With forty one words needed to acquire your mavenhood, only two 7beamers had the wherewithal to do so – well done rogue_mother* and 2dognight* especially as you also both scored a rosette!!! 😎😎😎🎉🎉🎉

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: January 04, 2023, 03:22:16 PM »
I totally understand...acacia was the 2nd last word I got.

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #2440 on: January 04, 2023, 05:32:12 PM »
I just wonder wattle you all think of me for having missed ACACIA

I read your post, John, and had got 11 words into today's 7-by-many before the penny dropped!   :D

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: January 05, 2023, 09:46:09 AM »
In ACACIA didn’t know, we shouldn’t enCARRIAGE this kind of behaviour.

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #2442 on: January 05, 2023, 03:16:07 PM »
 :D :D :D :-)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2443 on: January 05, 2023, 03:44:54 PM »
:D :D :D :-)

Well done Blackrockrose!!!

Three hundred and sixty three players and only three rosettes overall with two of the rosetteers being 7 beamers, blackrockrose and Roddles, in this forty five common word puzzle MUST be some kind of record – fantastic work, both of you!!! 👏👏👏

Considering those stats, being a rosettenear is quite an achievement and Jancsika, dragonman, ozzyjune, Maudland, ozzymAndias and ozzyjack all deserve praise… Which word brought you down???

Our ballerinas today were yelnats and rogue_mother who were two two short and dancing up a storm…

Meanwhile, I found the answer to life, the universe and everything but those final three words were beyond me… For the sake of CONCISION I would like to keep my thoughts on the SECESSION in the most CONCISENESS of terms…

Next we have 2dognight and auntiemo on forty one followed by vizal on thirty seven and Scouser1952 on twenty one today (congrats! 😉) with doxydaisy still MIA…

With the bar set at seventy one words for mavenhood, those who cleared that bar were in short supply yet still we managed four mavens – great work ozzymAndias, ozzyjack, dragonman and rogue_mother… 😎😎😎

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #2444 on: January 05, 2023, 03:53:05 PM »
By the way, I was laughing and skipping in appreciation of Maudland's clever post, not my rosette!