Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130682 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2070 on: October 10, 2022, 05:21:50 PM »
Today, with twenty eight common words required for a rosette, our rosetteers were led off by ozzyjune followed by doxydaisy, ozzyjack, auntiemo, yelnats and Maudland – well done folks!!! 👏👏👏

Merest margin missing makes a rosettenear out of you and Roddles, 2dognight, yours truly, dragonman (welcome back Gareth), Jancsika and rogue_mother all know the despair of not finding that last word!!! I simply needed to HITCHHIKE out to my letterbox to find that final word but the thought of that journey obviously left me cold…

Having twenty six commons puts you in two short territory which Scouser1952 and blackrockrose know only too well…

Meanwhile, our illustrious benefactor Alan, playing as vizal, was five words away from a rosette, on twenty three commons…

Thirty eight words does a maven make and those acquiring or maintaining their mavenhoods were dragonman, rogue_mother, 2dognight, yours truly, doxydaisy*, auntiemo* and ozzyjack* – great work all!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: October 10, 2022, 09:55:51 PM »
Just back from holiday and driven 350 miles I saw no reason to HITCHHIKE.
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: October 11, 2022, 12:30:35 AM »
My parents told me never to hitchhike, so I didn't.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2073 on: October 11, 2022, 11:07:54 AM »
It seems commonplace to miss picking up the hitchhike...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2074 on: October 11, 2022, 03:02:13 PM »
I wonder how many of us tried unsequenced??? The rosette target for today was thirty five common words extracted from the given letters and our rosetteers were auntiemo, 2dognight, doxydaisy, blackrockrose, rogue_mother, Roddles, Maudland and yours truly – excellent effort from everyone concerned… 👏👏👏

Scoring thirty four commons puts you in rosettenear territory as our frustrated rosettenears can attest, can’t you yelnats, dragonman and ozzys June and Jack???

With thirty two commons under his belt, Jancsika was three off the mark while vizal scored twenty six and Scouser1952 found the seed word before heading for the hills…

Having one word for every week in the year will get you mavenhood today and those acquiring this much sought after status included doxydaisy*, 2dognight*, ozzyjack, rogue_mother*, dragonman, yours truly* and auntiemo* - good work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: October 11, 2022, 03:17:44 PM »
Scudded?
Regards, Jack

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2076 on: October 11, 2022, 03:39:15 PM »
The clouds scudded across the sky.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #2077 on: October 11, 2022, 05:42:57 PM »
When I think of scud I think of the missile and the tennis player, unfortunately not as a word for Chi!

TRex

• Eulexic
  • ~50 miles from Chicago, in the Corn (maize) Belt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: October 12, 2022, 02:54:04 AM »
The clouds scudded across the sky.

[thumbs up] Yep. When I see the word scud, this weather geek thinks clouds — and they can be spoken of as having scudded.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: October 12, 2022, 11:48:27 AM »
When I think of scud I think of the missile and the tennis player, unfortunately not as a word for Chi!

Likewise. It took me aback the first time I encountered scud as a common word, but it has occurred enough times that I have now gotten habituated to the more "common" meaning. Scudded was the last word I found for my rosette.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2080 on: October 12, 2022, 12:28:03 PM »
Scudded was the last word I found for my rosette.

Strangely enough, I almost didn't get a rosette because the final word was unseen to me...  :-R :-R :-R

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2081 on: October 12, 2022, 03:18:37 PM »
Thirty four commons should have made for quite a few rosettes so it was quite a surprise that we had just three rosetteers amongst our crew which is yet another reason to congratulate them for their achievement – well done 2dognight and ozzys Jack and June!!! 👏👏👏

While there were only three rosetteers, there were five rosettenears with Jancsika, yours truly, doxydaisy, rogue_mother and Maudland all getting within a hair’s breadth of a rosette… When I found out the word I missed, I have to admit I made a rude GESTURE!!!

At least we managed to avoid being two short which is more than we can say for yelnats, dragonman and Roddles…

A further common back on thirty one, three off the pace, were blackrockrose, auntiemo and vizal while Scouser1952 found fifteen commons…

With fifty seven words needed for mavenhood, rogue_mother, doxydaisy, yours truly and 2dognight* all rose to the occasion while ozzyjack missed by one – great work all!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity which, in this case, means Carol alone… 🎉🎉🎉

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: October 12, 2022, 04:44:49 PM »
No rude gestures from me...just the forehead slap x 3. Geese, grittier and grittiest.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: October 13, 2022, 03:54:10 AM »
Surgeries would be required for me to get a rosette.

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: October 13, 2022, 07:04:06 AM »
I had grittiest but I need to be a little more grittier