Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129487 times)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2025 on: September 27, 2022, 03:11:49 PM »
I'm too short because I am heelless....and I didn't see that cos I'm also eyeless.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Roddles

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: September 28, 2022, 08:01:37 AM »
My fleshly sin brought me undone at last.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: September 28, 2022, 09:07:27 AM »
My fleshly sin brought me undone at last.

Yes, John. But I prefer to think I was too virtuous to spot it. 😇

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: September 28, 2022, 02:02:53 PM »
It stinks that I didn't have Potpourri.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2029 on: September 28, 2022, 03:29:51 PM »
It stinks that I didn't have Potpourri.

You'd probably be more concerned if you had a toupee...  ;) ;) ;)
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2030 on: September 28, 2022, 03:41:18 PM »
So, today’s 7bm had thirty two common words to its solution and we had seven 7beamers who were rosetteers: auntiemo, 2dognight, doxydaisy, dragonman, rogue_mother, Roddles and blackrockrose – well done each and every one of you!!! 👏👏👏

Together with ozzys Jack and June, I only managed to be a rosettenear  :-\ - I guess I will have to UPROOT myself from the computer to get myself a better vocabulary…

Next ones were yelnats, vizal and Maudland who, on twenty eight, were four away from that elusive rosette whilst Jancsika was one further away on twenty seven followed by Scouser1952 on twenty five…

With the bar for mavenhood set at fifty three, ozzyjack, rogue_mother*, dragonman*, 2dognight* and doxydaisy* all managed to restore or renew theirs by clearing that bar… Great work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: September 29, 2022, 08:19:06 AM »
After emergency surgery to REROUTE my URETER, the doctor said I was a TROUPER - but I felt more like a POUTER ☹️

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: September 29, 2022, 10:22:33 AM »
Oh dear. I'm glad I got a rosette instead of that ;)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2033 on: September 29, 2022, 07:28:20 PM »
Sorry for the delay, I've been out motorcycling with my better half, Sue, for the day...

No record today – it would be sounding VERY slow at twenty three!!! Still, we had a goodly number of rosetteers with Roddles, doxydaisy, 2dognight, Jancsika, auntiemo, dragonman, Maudland, ozzys June and Jack and rogue_mother… Good work all!!! 👏👏👏

No rosettenears but blackrockrose was two short to pick up a rosette from the top shelf on twenty one today – congrats!!! 😉😉😉

I was a further word back on a round twenty, three off the pace – The SHEIKH, by going to REHIRE an infidel, was accused of committing HERESIES…

Meanwhile, vizal scored nineteen, yelnats could be found on eighteen with Scouser1952 in hot pursuit on seventeen…

With the bar set at thirty eight for mavenhood, dragonman*, rogue_mother*, ozzyjack* and 2dognight* were all on fire 🔥🔥🔥 with both mavenhood and rosettes!!! Excellent work!!! 😎😎😎🎉🎉🎉

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: September 30, 2022, 02:19:52 PM »
To my horror, I missed cheerer. Trying to get a rosette is sometimes just a lot of hooey.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2035 on: September 30, 2022, 02:35:48 PM »
Woo hoo!!! Pardon me for celebrating, getting a rosette doesn’t happen very often for me, especially in the 7bm puzzles!!! Of course, with the target of twenty one today, celebrating is something we can all get into… Our rosetteers were in abundance again with 2dognight, dragonman, yours truly, rogue_mother, Roddles, Maudland and ozzys June and Jack all coming up with the goods… Good work!!! 👏👏👏

Sitting pretty on twenty common words extricated from the supplied letters, we have Jancsika and blackrockrose who have to make do with their rosettenears…

Next were doxydaisy and auntiemo on eighteen closely followed by Scouser1952 on seventeen…

On sixteen with a coherency problem we have vizal who was chased by yelnats with a coherency problem of his own on fifteen…

With thirty six words necessary to keep your mavenhood intact, doxydaisy, dragonman*, rogue_mother*, Roddles*, 2dognight* and ozzyjack* kept themselves nice – good job, done well!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 05:42:06 PM by ridethetalk »

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: September 30, 2022, 05:30:07 PM »
What a load of hooey, that's all I can say...

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2037 on: October 01, 2022, 03:39:52 PM »
Well, I found this a tough one – it will be interesting to see how others fared in this fifty common word puzzle…
…and, the good news: we had a number of rosetteers with dragonman, doxydaisy and auntiemo taking three of the seven rosettes awarded in this game where three hundred and fifty nine people competed… Kudos to you all!!! 👏👏👏

Frustration must be felt by our rosettenears Maudland and Roddles even though there wasn’t and “U, S or R” available to play…

As the only one of our coterie sitting on forty eight, blackrockrose finds herself two short of the goal…

Jancsika and rogue_mother missed being two short by being three off the pace on forty seven while yelnats managed to uncover forty five making him five off the mark…

I was next on forty four with quite a number of words I have played previously and really should have this time… :P :P :P Is there any CONNOTATION that can be implied from the inability to ATTAIN an affordable price for a COFFIN, especially any INITIATION of language with an INTONATION that doesn’t TAINT the credibility of the funeral industry??? (P.S. this morning I awakened with the knowledge that taint was a word I hadn’t played but, like my dreams, this realisation had fled before I sat down at my computer…)

With the answer to life, the universe and everything we find ozzyjune and Scouser1952 but this answer did little to lead them to their eight outstanding commons…

A further six words back we find ozzyjack on thirty six commons followed, on thirty two, by vizal and finally 2dognight who found one of the seed words and decided there were better things to do with her time…

With eighty three words needed to achieve maven status, rogue_mother and dragonman* were our only members to preserve their mavenhoods… 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity which, today, means Gareth alone… 🎉🎉🎉

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: October 02, 2022, 03:42:02 AM »
I had a notion that the concoction might not be on the up and up, but I cannot remember why I drank it anyway ???
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2039 on: October 02, 2022, 10:42:44 AM »
I had a notion that the concoction might not be on the up and up, but I cannot remember why I drank it anyway ???

You've got to be wary of what you drink these days...  :P :P :P