Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 63011 times)

Roddles

• Logologist
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1995 on: September 20, 2022, 02:56:51 PM »
Mystified why it's not common when I only rewash but it's common if he rewashes!

rogue_mother

• Glossologian
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: September 20, 2022, 03:19:46 PM »
Alas, the developer didn't want to share his shareware with me.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

auntiemo

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: September 20, 2022, 05:46:43 PM »
He didn't want to share it with me, either.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Glossologian
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1998 on: September 20, 2022, 08:42:00 PM »
Alas, the developer didn't want to share his shareware with me.

Again!!!  :o :o :o  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 and John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1999 on: September 20, 2022, 08:45:06 PM »
Mystified why it's not common when I only rewash but it's common if he rewashes!

I was also brought down by the rewash/rewashes dichotomy...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 and John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: September 21, 2022, 09:11:03 AM »
Apparently, if you leave your floppy disc in your shirt pocket then your SHAREWARE may go through many REWASHES.  ;)

ridethetalk

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2001 on: September 21, 2022, 02:34:00 PM »
Well, twenty two common words will garner you a rosette and our rosetteers today are manifold with 2dognight leading the charge with rogue_mother, doxydaisy, dragonman and Roddles following on behind – well done all!!! 👏👏👏

If you got twenty one today, you should be congratulated and that rosettenear helps as well, doesn’t it Maudland??? (with whom I shared this honour) As for QUOIN – common??? Srsly??? I think my rosette was stolen from me…  :cry: :cry: :cry:

Two short to get that elusive rosette and with twenty commons behind them were ozzyjune and blackrockrose followed ever so closely by Jancsika, yelnats and vizal on nineteen…

They were, in turn, followed very closely by Scouser1952 and auntiemo on eighteen and finally ozzyjack on ten…

With thirty two words total needed for mavenhood, dragonman*, 2dognight*, doxydaisy* and rogue_mother* all added to their rosettes – you’re all on 🔥🔥🔥!!! 🎉🎉🎉

ridethetalk

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2002 on: September 22, 2022, 02:26:17 PM »
If you were able to squirrel away twenty five common words, you would now have a rosette as our rosetteers, 2dognight, doxydaisy, auntiemo, Maudland, ozzyjack, ozzyjune and rogue_mother, know only too well… Well done you lot!!! 👏👏👏

Meanwhile, dragonman, Roddles and I all could only come up with twenty four which made us rosettenears – Perhaps I need to make sure my EQUERRIES are looking after the horses properly…

There were three of us who scored twenty three common words, blackrockrose, Jancsika and yelnats, which means they are now two short…

Avoiding that curse by virtue of being three off the mark, on twenty two, was vizal while Scouser1952 was two words further back on twenty…

To get a maven today required forty four words total and rogue_mother*, dragonman, ozzyjack* and 2dognight* all did so with alacrity – great work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

Dragonman

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: September 22, 2022, 07:21:31 PM »
I think the squirrel ate my LILIES
once I was young and poor but now I am no longer young.

ridethetalk

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2004 on: September 22, 2022, 09:54:22 PM »
Just as long as they didn't eat your...

...nuts, I forgot what I was about to say!  >:D >:D >:D

Dragonman

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: September 23, 2022, 02:18:57 AM »
Image result for smileys
once I was young and poor but now I am no longer young.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: September 23, 2022, 08:29:43 AM »
As for QUOIN – I think my rosette was stolen from me…  :cry: :cry: :cry:

I agree 🥺

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: September 23, 2022, 02:04:58 PM »
I was a ninny for missing a titty.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2008 on: September 23, 2022, 02:57:28 PM »
I was a ninny for missing a titty.

You're not the only one, Jack...  ;)

Congratulations!!! if you got all twenty one common words as our rosetteers 2dognight, dragonman, doxydaisy, Roddles, Maudland and ozzyjune did – well done you!!! 👏👏👏

Missing by one makes you a rosettenear, doesn’t it rogue_mother? What was your Achilles heel today???

With nineteen words under your belt you will find yourself two short, won’t you Scouser1952 and ozzyjack???

By virtue of getting eighteen of the twenty one words, you avoided being two short but you will be three off the pace as my own good self, Jancsika and yelnats know only too well… You could LENIENTLY be considered childish if you EFFETELY referred to a breast as a TITTY…

One common word further back were vizal and auntiemo on seventeen while blackrockrose was MIA…

Mavenhood could be achieved by finding at least thirty two words in total and rogue_mother, doxydaisy*, ozzyjune*, dragonman*, 2dognight*, ozzyjack, Roddles* and Maudland* all were up to the challenge that this presented… Good work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

Scouser1952

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: September 23, 2022, 05:13:54 PM »
I was FLEETLY a NINNY!