Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129391 times)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1800 on: August 05, 2022, 02:09:45 PM »
Is there an emblem for the mammal who was 2 short yesterday?
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1801 on: August 05, 2022, 02:27:21 PM »
I hope I have it right today and my list is fully up-to-date.

Congratulations to our rosetteers rogue_mother and dragonman who found all forty eight common words in this disturbing puzzle – everyone else in our cohort were LESS ABLE… :P :P :P Again, you’ve both done well!!! 👏👏👏

Our rosettenears in all likelihood had a “doh!” moment when the final word was revealed, didn’t you 2dognight, Roddles, blackrockrose and Maudland???

Being two short is not so bad when you’re in the company of doxydaisy and auntiemo as I was today – the LESSEE of the upstairs space decided to use it to provide SALSA lessons…

Sitting on three off the pace, forty five commons discovered, was ozzyjune while yelnats and Jancsika were two further back on forty three…

Meanwhile, ozzymAndias discovered the answer to life, the universe and everything but still failed to find six of the common words…

Joining the party on forty one was vizal (and I’ll reiterate here that I’m sorry for the horrible list of word suggestions coming your way, Alan, as a consequence of the LESS ABLE ness of the seed letters)…

Clocking on at thirty four found is Scouser1952 while ozzyjack saw the high word count, found the seed word and skedaddled…

With the bar set at seventy eight words for mavenhood dragonman*, rogue_mother* and doxydaisy were the only members of our crew who cleared it – good work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: August 06, 2022, 11:50:58 AM »
I hope I have it right today and my list is fully up-to-date.

Congratulations to our rosetteers rogue_mother and dragonman who found all forty eight common words in this disturbing puzzle – everyone else in our cohort were LESS ABLE… :P :P :P Again, you’ve both done well!!! 👏👏👏

Our rosettenears in all likelihood had a “doh!” moment when the final word was revealed, didn’t you 2dognight, Roddles, blackrockrose and Maudland???

Too right, and I needed some BALSAM for my lack of rosettability.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1803 on: August 06, 2022, 01:27:59 PM »
I've just been reminiscing with the early posts in the 7 by many club and have been getting quite melancholy that Les303 is no longer with us...

I came across this one in particular and thought it worthwhile quoting for all those out there who would like to join...

I received a personal message recently, asking how one becomes a member of the 7 by many club.
Anyone who is registered for the forum & has played the 7 by many game is automatically an honorary member of the club.
To become an official club member, all you have to do is post a comment in this thread.
 I post a comment / opinion each day when the game has closed on what i thought was a " special " performance that deserves recognition however i cannot possibly monitor everybody's performance without missing something so i encourage others to take the initiative & post their own highlights / comments / opinions from any particular game.
And do not be shy about telling us about your own " special " performance, it might be as simple as achieving your first " best score " , rosette, maven or perhaps even a cham & trophy or something like finally being able to match or even beat the likes of Mike, Maud, Rose, June, Alan, etc...on the scoreboard or even more likely you may prefer to just rubbish me & my comments & opinions.
Either way, it is all in good fun & i can think of no better way to distract ourselves from all of the negativity & limitations that have been imposed on our communities due to this bloody covid virus.

Vale Les...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1804 on: August 06, 2022, 02:18:49 PM »
Well, today’s twenty four word puzzle was a doozy and our rosetteers rogue_mother, ozzyjune and ozzymAndias need to be congratulated for finding them all!!! 👏👏👏

We had many more rosettenears with 2dognight, dragonman, Roddles, doxydaisy, Maudland and myself all missing by that single word – if I’d got GEWGAW I’d have had another showy trinket to add to my collection… (This game never fails to educate me with its obscure common words!)

Today’s ballerinas were vizal and Jancsika who were two two short…

Celebrating a significant birthday today were auntiemo and ozzyjack who were both twenty one today…

One common word further back was blackrockrose on twenty whilst yelnats was one word behind her…

Scouser1952 was sweet sixteen today (never been kissed???) and rounds out our rosette attempts…

With a total of fifty eight words in the bag, dragonman still failed to get a rosette and yet was our best placed maven having exceeded the answer to life, the universe and everything by a fair margin – others achieving mavenhood today were rogue_mother*, 2dognight, and doxydaisy… Well done all!!! 😎😎😎 Rogue was our solitary rosetteer who achieved mavenhood – great work!!! 🎉🎉🎉

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: August 06, 2022, 03:27:21 PM »
my GEWGAW didn't work either.
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: August 07, 2022, 06:40:47 AM »
I didn't have much trouble with my gewgaw. However, I was very nearly a rosettenear until I realized that I had played weaving, but not weave. Doh! Fortunately I made this realization before the final bell, not after.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: August 07, 2022, 11:58:31 AM »
Dagnamnit, these GEWGAWs!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1808 on: August 07, 2022, 02:48:48 PM »
Geegaw was the dismay of many of us, Madeleine - I'd never heard of it previously and hope that in future I remember it...

On to today's results: Woo hoo!!! Twenty one today and congratulations go to today’s rosetteers doxydaisy, myself, rogue_mother, blackrockrose, dragonman and Roddles – good job, well done!!! 👏👏👏

Those kicking themselves with rosettenears are yelnats, 2dognight, vizal and Maudland – did MUUMUU get you???

Keeping himself company was Jancsika who, on nineteen, found himself two short to entertain company…

Next on eighteen were auntiemo and ozzyjune with three missing words followed two words back by ozzymAndias…

Scouser1952 must have had other things to do as he made his appearance at eight common words found which is probably the same for ozzyjack who got the seed word and scarpered off to prepare for his daughter’s birthday…

Just twenty eight words will reward you with mavenhood and dragonman*, rogue_mother*, 2dognight and doxydaisy* all got there but Roddles just came up short…  Nice work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: August 08, 2022, 10:45:23 AM »
I think we need to discuss why I missed SUMMITRY.
(On second thoughts … )

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1810 on: August 08, 2022, 02:21:45 PM »
I have to agree Madeleine, summitry didn't roll off my tongue either...  :P :P :P

With thirty three common words required, we had a near “record” (hopefully you’ll all get the pun there 😉😉😉) number of rosetteers with 2dognight leading off auntiemo, dragonman, yours truly, Roddles, doxydaisy, and the ozzys June, Jack and Andrew… Well done all and I imagine a few of you will be “on a roll”… 👏👏👏

No-one was a rosettenear today amongst our crew but we had our ballerinas, rogue_mother and Maudland, who were two two short…

Three shy of the mark were blackrockrose and Jancsika on thirty followed closely by vizal on twenty nine…

Next came yelnats on twenty four followed by Scouser1952 on twenty.

Aspiring mavens required sixty nine words and ozzymAndias*, rogue_mother, myself*, doxydaisy*, 2dognight*, dragonman* and ozzyjack* all stepped up to the plate to earn their mavenhoods… 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify the double dignity of mavenhood and rosette… 🎉🎉🎉

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: August 09, 2022, 06:40:43 AM »
What can I say? Our mores go out the window when there's an onshore breeze.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: August 09, 2022, 10:54:35 AM »
It’s hard to do a jig when you’re wearing HORSESHOEs in an ONSHORE breeze, too. (It was a stiff one, wasn’t it, RM?)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1813 on: August 09, 2022, 02:18:24 PM »
Well, we had a good handful of 7beamers who managed to find all twenty eight common words; our rosetteers were led off by blackrockrose followed closely by doxydaisy, ozzyjune, ozzymAndias and auntiemo – well done folks!!! 👏👏👏

If you found twenty seven commons you get a rosettenear as did 2dognight, dragonman, Roddles and Maudland…

With twenty six commons under their belt, ozzyjack, yelnats and rogue_mother were all two short to see the finish line…

I was next on twenty four commons extracted, four off the pace – the NEWLYWED DOYENNE would have to be LOONY to wear NYLON stockings rather than silk…

One behind me were Jancsika and vizal on twenty three while Scouser1952 joined the fray on thirteen…

With the bar for mavenhood set at thirty six, dragonman decided that wasn’t enough and went for Cham instead!!! 🙏🙏🙏 Meanwhile, doxydaisy*, ozzyjack, auntiemo*, 2dognight, rogue_mother, ozzymAndias*, Roddles, ozzyjune* and blackrockrose* rose to the level of mavenhood – grand effort from all of you!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: August 09, 2022, 02:24:02 PM »
I haven't yodelled yellowy,  Have you?
Regards, Jack