Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130646 times)

Scouser1952

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1755 on: July 25, 2022, 07:36:52 PM »
It was unreal, oops UNREEL!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1756 on: July 25, 2022, 07:41:29 PM »
So close...  :-R :-R :-R
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: July 26, 2022, 10:22:42 AM »
If I'd gotten a rosette, I wouldn't have had to write this blurb.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1758 on: July 26, 2022, 02:21:33 PM »
Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I’ve got sixty four!!! That was the number of common words in today’s instalment which had just ten rosettes awarded from three hundred and thirty three players(!), none of whom came from our coterie of competitors!!!

We did manage four rosettenears however, with dragonman, doxydaisy, rogue_mother and auntiemo all missing by one!!!

Meanwhile, I clocked in on sixty two which made me two short… Well, as the clock was ticking down I was getting uneasy about finding the seed word and I couldn’t have been any UNEASIER than if I had been cosseted away in one of the many NUNNERIES in the Vatican City… 😉😉😉

A couple of common words behind me on sixty was ozzyjune while vizal and yelnats were a further word back…

At fifty five commons we see blackrockrose and Jancsika join the party while Scouser1952 made his appearance on thirty one and ozzyjack did so on eleven… Roddles saw the number of words needed, got the seed word, and promptly skedaddled…

Getting a maven was difficult with one hundred and twenty eight words required yet still rogue_mother, dragonman and doxydaisy achieved their mavenhoods… Good work to all three of you!!! 😎😎😎

There were some weird seed words in today’s puzzle and I failed to even get the common one – how did others go???
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: July 26, 2022, 02:47:52 PM »
Not going to beat myself up over missing  saurian. Only 43 players recorded this common word...
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: July 27, 2022, 02:26:45 AM »
I should have reassessed my list to have found REASSESSES
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: July 27, 2022, 02:33:58 AM »
I should have gotten me to the nunneries.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1762 on: July 27, 2022, 03:04:09 PM »
With only eleven rosettes in this forty five common word puzzle, I wouldn’t have been surprised if we, as a group, had missed out on one but our rosetteers, Maudland and Roddles, came to the rescue – well done both of you!!! 👏👏👏

If you’re two short then, whatever your stature, at least you’re in good company today as 2dognight, doxydaisy, yelnats, rogue_mother, ozzyjune and ozzyjack can attest…

At three off the mark but with the answer to life, the universe and everything we find blackrockrose and auntiemo keeping each other company while one further back, on forty one, dragonman and I make an appearance… Without INFRINGING on other’s GIGGING rights, I had to SNIFF at the odours SUFFUSING the backstage dressing rooms…

Next to join our merry band of 7beamers was vizal on thirty nine followed three words further back by Jancsika…

A further two words behind him, with thirty four commons extracted from the seed letters, Scouser1952 completes our rosette attempts…

The mark was set at fifty five words today for mavenhood and meeting or beating that mark were rogue_mother, doxydaisy, ozzyjack, myself, auntiemo, Roddles*, 2dognight, ozzyjune, blackrockrose, Maudland*and dragonman with yelnats just missing out… Good work all!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: July 27, 2022, 03:08:47 PM »
Sometimes I just have to shake my head. Yesterday's fail to find were...sinus, suing and issuing.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: July 27, 2022, 03:45:36 PM »
I couldn't complete my inning even though I wasn't infringing.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 04:51:26 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1765 on: July 27, 2022, 04:03:12 PM »
I couldn't complete my inning even though I wasn't infringeing.

You couldn't have got that spelling because there was no "e" in the letters...  :-R :-R :-R

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1766 on: July 27, 2022, 04:04:33 PM »
Sometimes I just have to shake my head. Yesterday's fail to find were...sinus, suing and issuing.

...and I had sniffing but not sniff!!!  :-P :-P :-P

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: July 28, 2022, 10:56:21 AM »
So annoying when that happens!

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: July 28, 2022, 11:21:33 AM »
The lack of proper rigging was infringing on my ability to get a rosette.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1769 on: July 28, 2022, 02:20:21 PM »
Fifty eight common words will prove challenging for those intent upon getting a rosette one would expect and so it seem with only ten awarded amongst the three hundred and forty five players – fortunately we had two of our number flying the flag for us in our rosetteers, blackrockrose and Roddles… Great job!!! 👏👏👏

To be one word off a rosette is no mean feat either and dragonman, ozzyjune and ozzyjack will have to be content with being rosettenears…

Being two short means you got fifty six commons today and doxydaisy fits the bill there…

Next, at four off the mark, we find rogue_mother while yelnats and I were one further back on fifty three… I was sitting in a café in the CANTON drinking a CASCARA tea when I heard the STACCATO sound of a CONSONANT being killed producing a CARCASS of non-vowel sounds… (Yoicks!!! That was quite a stretch...)

Jancsika was next on fifty one with vizal a further six back on forty five…

Meanwhile Scouser1952 had the consolation prize of getting the answer to life, the universe and everything which is more than I can say for auntiemo who scored thirty nine…

The quest for mavenhood was made difficult by the need to find at least one hundred and thirteen words but still dragonman, ozzyjack and rogue_mother managed this task and more power to them… 😎😎😎