Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130509 times)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1710 on: July 13, 2022, 09:36:34 AM »
Super annoying - did you hear the secret sign over the water, RM? But how did you GUESS, RTT?? >:(

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1711 on: July 13, 2022, 10:10:44 AM »
Super annoying - did you hear the secret sign over the water, RM? But how did you GUESS, RTT?? >:(

So, you got guesses but not guess??? How confounding!!!  :o :o :o
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1712 on: July 13, 2022, 02:23:53 PM »
Three dozen common words was where the bar was set for a rosette and our sole rosetteer clearing that bar was dragonman – well done Gareth!!! 👏👏👏

It must have been disappointing to have failed by the narrowest of margins and our rosettenears, rogue_mother, Roddles and Maudland, will be rueing that missed word…

There were two of our number two short and that dubious honour goes to 2dognight and ozzyjune…

The next cabs off the rank were myself, blackrockrose, yelnats and ozzyjack on four off the pace – I couldn’t help getting GIGGLIER when I saw my LIEGE lord wearing FILIGREE REGALIA – what a ponce I thought…  ;D ;D ;D

Next, on thirty one, was auntiemo followed by vizal on twenty eight, Jancsika on twenty four and Scouser1952 on twenty two which is where our rosette wrangle concludes…

With seventy words required for a maven score, mavenhood was awarded only to our most regular of mavenhooders in rogue_mother and dragonman*!!! Well done both of you… 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity and, today, that means Gareth alone… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: July 13, 2022, 03:07:38 PM »
My question is....Should it be legal or illegal to giggle at a giraffe when it makes a gaffe? That's after I got gigglier and gaffer...double head slaps for me today!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1714 on: July 13, 2022, 07:03:54 PM »
My question is....Should it be legal or illegal to giggle at a giraffe when it makes a gaffe? That's after I got gigglier and gaffer...double head slaps for me today!

I don't know but I'll pose that question to Sue, my wife, who sometimes takes on the persona of Harold the Healthy giraffe...  ;D ;D ;D

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: July 14, 2022, 04:37:43 AM »
If only I had some filigree, I could use it to decorate a rosette.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: July 14, 2022, 08:10:27 AM »

So, you got guesses but not guess??? How confounding!!!  :o :o :o

I guess I thought I’d entered guess… What a gaffe.
No rosette REGALIA for me today, either but at least I’m not kicking myself!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1717 on: July 14, 2022, 02:39:04 PM »
A tough sixty two word puzzle today complicated with a compulsory “V” and it was surprising to see ozzyjack not just in the mix, but in contention for a rosette, considering his known dislike for high word-count puzzles… OK, just came back to the scoreboard and it’s official: of the ten rosettes awarded in this puzzle, ozzyjune and ozzyjack were our rosetteers… 👏👏👏
Missing by one, and becoming a rosettenear by default, we find dragonman – back luck, Gareth; which word was your bane???

Next, on sixty common words found, was yours truly, who was just two short – I need to work on my stretching exercises, obviously… While in Canada, I heard of the REEVE who found his town STARVEd of cash by the recession…

Next, on fifty eight commons uncovered we find auntiemo and rogue_mother while two behind them we find yelnats and Jancsika…

Then there’s a bit of a gap to vizal on fifty two with blackrockrose a further two behind him on an even fifty…

Joining the party on thirty nine was Scouser1952 which is where the story ends for another day…

Mavenhood demands eighty three words or more and ozzyjack*, rogue_mother, dragonman, ozzyjune* and myself all answered that demand – well done!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: July 15, 2022, 12:48:47 AM »
Played REVEL and REVELLER but not REVELER..doh!!
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: July 15, 2022, 05:12:20 AM »
I did better than that. I missed level, leveler AND leveller. I was well into DOH territory. Unable to leave things well enough alone, I was also valveless.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1720 on: July 15, 2022, 02:42:44 PM »
Is it just me or do others exclaim "Woo hoo!!!" when they get a rosette???
With thirty four commons required, we had six rosetteers amongst the players in today's puzzle - blackrockrose, 2dognight, doxydaisy, dragonman, Roddles and myself  - well done all!!! 👏👏👏

It is a verity amongst verities that missing by one is disappointing and auntiemo knows just how this feels - here, dab your cheeks with this serviette, at least you have a rosettenear!!!

Today there were a bunch of 7beamers who were two short on thirty two commons found with this group led off by ozzyjune followed by yelnats, vizal and rogue_mother...

Next came Maudland on thirty one, three off the pace followed one further back by Jancsika on thirty...

Joining the party on twenty six, and within ten words of that rosette, was Scouser1952...

With sixty three words being set as the target for a maven, both rogue_mother and dragonman* scored bullseyes and maintained their mavenhoods... 😎😎😎 ...and, again, Gareth scores that honourable distinction of both rosette and maven... 🎉🎉🎉
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 04:52:16 AM by ridethetalk »

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: July 15, 2022, 03:33:05 PM »
My retriever would have woo-hooed with me if I'd got my rosette yesterday!

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: July 16, 2022, 04:28:31 AM »
It's been a while since I got a rosette, so I must revert to my position as a reservist.

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: July 16, 2022, 02:06:43 PM »
I missed tiara, so I'm not feeling very chatty today!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1724 on: July 16, 2022, 02:36:57 PM »
Getting all forty common words will reward you with a rosette and today's rosetteers to be duly rewarded were 2dognight, doxydaisy and dragonman - well done all!!! 👏👏👏

Runners-up and rosettenears as a result were rogue_mother, Jancsika and Maudland with a single word between them and a rosette - that's not to say it was the same single word, however...  ;) ;) ;)

Putting a rosette in the two hard basket were those who were two short and, again, we have three of our number in this category: auntiemo, myself and ozzyjune - I got involved in some pretty ARCHAIC CHITCHAT and missed them completely...

Roddles was next at three off the mark (yet with that delightful, from the point of view of mathematics, number: thirty seven!!!) while blackrockrose and yelnats scored thirty five...

Six words short of glory saw vizal make an appearance while Scouser1952 made an appearance with twenty nine commons...

Popping his head up on eighteen we see ozzyjack while ozzymAndias scored the seed word and promptly departed...

Of the three people awarded mavenhood by scoring at least sixty words total, two of them scored the double:  dragonman*, rogue_mother and 2dognight* all deserve praise 😎😎😎 but our double holders even more so... 🎉🎉🎉