Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130734 times)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1650 on: June 25, 2022, 08:20:35 AM »
Perhaps a FORESEER would have warned you about that, RM.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1651 on: June 25, 2022, 02:25:25 PM »
Just twenty common words in today’s puzzle so, how did we do? Quite well, it would seem with several rosetteers amongst our number with doxydaisy leading us off with rogue_mother, 2dognight and blackrockrose in hot pursuit!!! Well done all… 👏👏👏

Being one word short gives you a rosettenear and our rosettenears today were yelnats, Scouser1952, dragonman, Roddles, Maudland, ozzyjune and ozzymAndias – you nearly got there; what word was your downfall???

Next, on three off the pace (nobody was two short today!), were myself and vizal on seventeen commons laid bare and then a big gap to auntiemo, who probably forgot to come back to the puzzle, who scored eight!!! The BENEFICE enjoyed by the church was challenged by my NIECE which eventually led to an ENTENTE calling for an end to this practice…

No sign of ozzyjack who may be nursing the aftereffects of his eightieth birthday celebrations… 🎉🎉🎉

Mavenhood needed just twenty seven words total and doxydaisy*, 2dognight*, rogue_mother* and dragonman achieved this level with aplomb (blackrockrose missed by one)… Nicely done all!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Scouser1952

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: June 25, 2022, 05:04:22 PM »
That would be - benefice.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: June 26, 2022, 11:07:45 AM »
Same here … 😕

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1654 on: June 26, 2022, 02:32:49 PM »
A very challenging 7bm today with fifty seven common words contained within the puzzle and only three rosettes overall out of three hundred and thirty nine contenders! I wish I could say one of those three were from our coterie but I can’t… ☹☹☹

We even missed in the rosettenear category with dragonman and blackrockrose being our highest achievers which is kind of ironic given they were two short…

Next, on fifty four commons and three words missing, were rogue_mother, doxydaisy, ozzyjune and ozzyjack while I checked in one further back on fifty three… Perhaps if I’d got out my THERMOMETER and OHMMETER and done more work on my THEOREM I would have produced a resistance vs temperature plot that SMOOTHES out the inconsistencies…

Stepping up to the plate on an even half century was yelnats closely followed by vizal and Jancsika on forty nine…

Forty eight saw ozzymAndias join the crew with auntiemo a single word behind him…

Scouser1952 was a single word off knowing the answer to life, the universe and everything on forty one and Roddles found all four seed words and decided that was enough!!!

Mavenhood was obtained by finding eighty words and doxydaisy, rogue_mother, dragonman, myself, ozzymAndias, ozzyjack and blackrockrose all made the grade… Well done!!! 😎😎😎
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #1655 on: June 26, 2022, 09:50:09 PM »
That would be - benefice

Me too.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1656 on: June 27, 2022, 12:08:56 AM »
Perhaps benefice deserves reclassification??? Just sayin'...  >:D >:D >:D

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1657 on: June 27, 2022, 02:13:25 PM »
By the time I had written up yesterday’s results, rogue_mother had already achieved her rosette! She was joined there by six other rosetteers in 2dognight, blackrockrose, doxydaisy, Maudland, ozzyjune and ozzyjack who all got the twenty six common words required… 👏👏👏

Next, on twenty five commons discovered, were our rosettenears dragonman and Jancsika while at one and a half hours to go before the close of this puzzle, I was only missing the seed word but I was in good company as yelnats and Roddles were in the same boat – are we truly rosettenears if we’re missing the seed word??? Perhaps our THYMUSES have atrophied too much…

Alone on three off the mark was vizal while Scouser1952 and ozzymAndias were one further in arrears…

On twenty one today, auntiemo was celebrating like there’s no tomorrow and was our final 7beamer represented here!!!

With the bar set at forty seven words we find 2dognight*, ozzyjack*, dragonman and rogue_mother* clearing the mark for their mavenhood while doxydaisy just missed out… Well done!!! 😎😎😎
As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1658 on: June 28, 2022, 02:35:31 PM »
With a forty six common word target, there were only ten rosettes overall from three hundred and thirty six players with 20% of that total coming from our rosetteers Roddles and Maudland… Well played both of you!!! 👏👏👏

It must be disappointing to miss by one but being a rosettenear may give you some solace, dragonman – what word did you miss, Gareth???

Now rogue_mother has been two short before and she is again in this game – is this a come downance [sic] for past wrongdoings???

Three off the pace on forty three commons unearthed were myself, ozzyjune and auntiemo while blackrockrose was one further back but at least had the answer to life, the universe and everything… (This one’s an easy one!) My TEENAGE TENANT was beating a ceaseless TATTOO on his drum kit, much to the dismay of the other tenants…

Joining the fray on thirty seven were vizal and Jancsika with yelnats hot on their heels on thirty six…

We then have a big gap to Scouser1952 on sweet sixteen and then we find our final competitor, ozzyjack, who got the seed word and skedaddled…

Eighty seven words were needed for that elusive maven but our regulars, rogue_mother and dragonman, both managed their mavenhoods well – good work!!! 😎😎😎

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: June 28, 2022, 06:25:39 PM »
NOTATE...I should have added it to get a rosette.
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: June 29, 2022, 07:50:58 AM »
Sometimes when I am doing Chihuahua, my mind wanders off on a tangent. When it fails to return, this can negate any efforts on my part to get a rosette.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: June 29, 2022, 02:59:28 PM »
I avoided the suburb because they have heresies there.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1662 on: June 29, 2022, 03:09:59 PM »
Again, with forty six common words for a rosette, we had 20% of the fifteen rosettes with our rosetteers, rogue_mother, Roddles and blackrockrose all making the grade – well done!!! 👏👏👏

Our sole rosettenear today is Maudland who is probably hiding behind a shrubbery right now after discovering the word she missed… 😉😉😉

There were three of us two short with dragonman, ozzyjack and ozzyjune all on forty four commons secured – is that six short???

Three off the mark were auntiemo and I who weren’t two short but one better than knowing the answer to life, the universe and everything… Isn’t it EERIE that, because of a lack of foliage, we had to REISSUE the garden with a SHRUBBIER shrubbery???

Next, with the answer to life, the universe and everything, but not his missing words was yelnats…

Two further back on forty was Jancsika with vizal a further word back on thirty nine…

There was then a sizable gap to our final competitor, Scouser1952, on twenty five commons discovered…

Mavenhood was again awarded to rogue_mother and dragonman with ozzyjack and auntiemo joining them in getting the required minimum of seventy seven words… 😎😎😎
Garnering both rosette and maven makes rogue_mother the sole person amongst our coterie to achieve double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: June 29, 2022, 05:37:32 PM »
I too missed eerie and shrubbier but my third missing word was bribe.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1664 on: June 29, 2022, 09:05:50 PM »
I too missed eerie and shrubbier but my third missing word was bribe.

...and yet we both had eerier!!!  :-R :-R :-R