Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129481 times)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1635 on: June 20, 2022, 04:03:51 PM »
I totally forgot to return to yesterday's game....DUH
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: June 20, 2022, 08:06:57 PM »
After all my SUCCESSES you would have thought I would have got a rosette.

If I try to use the smileys above it comes up as 404 forbidden and wipes my post out, does this happen to anyone else?

No,  :D :-\ but it’s ever so fiddly to get to them on my phone! So - working ok on an iPhone…

And you can see the emoticons are oddly placed …

I couldn’t understand the APIARIST’s PATOIS, or I might have spotted that I hadn’t actually entered STRATA, after all …

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1637 on: June 21, 2022, 02:17:11 PM »
It was looking pretty grim there until the lucky thirteenth rosette appeared with Roddles’ name against it and who also had the answer to life, the universe and everything (I’m trusting everyone is aware of the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy reference)… Bask in your rosetteer status, Roddles!!! 👏👏👏

Just missing out on that elusive rosette was our sole rosettenear yelnats – so close, yet so far…

We then had two two short in ozzyjune and rogue_mother – our ballerinas on forty common words… 😉😉😉

Thirty nine common words saw doxydaisy and blackrockrose appear on the board while on thirty eight, four off the pace, brought Maudland, myself and ozzymAndias into play… The LICENSEE has observed DISSIDENCE, INDECENCIES and DECENCIES during his time behind the bar…

Two further back on thirty six, vizal and auntiemo joined the party to be followed a word later by dragonman and Jancsika…

We then have a big gap to nineteen (unless I’ve missed someone) where Scouser1952 makes an appearance then another big gap to ozzyjack who found two seed words (and then found better things to do???)…

Mavenhood starts at sixty and today it’s rogue_mother’s turn to blitz the competition (at least amongst our close-knit community) with yours truly also managing to establish my mavenhood!!! 😎😎😎
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #1638 on: June 21, 2022, 05:27:28 PM »
Several US and English forms of licenc/se but not licensee!

Feel better today with a rosette.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: June 22, 2022, 10:41:48 AM »
Having failed to come to an agreement with those who have dissidence with science, I also failed to get my rosette.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: June 22, 2022, 02:01:58 PM »
I lacked the mettle to find pipette.
Regards, Jack

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: June 22, 2022, 02:32:41 PM »
Does my  missing piety and impiety tell you anything about me?
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1642 on: June 22, 2022, 07:43:07 PM »
Sorry for the delay – I just know you’re waiting for my erudite ramblings – but the interwebs were down on my connection at home… ☹☹☹ (First world problem, I know!!!)
With twenty three common words the objective for rosette status, there were a number of our cadre who actually got there and the flag was flown by ozzymAndias, ozzyjune, 2dognight, yelnats, vizal, Roddles, doxydaisy and Maudland who were our group’s rosetteers – well done all on a great effort!!! 👏👏👏

Getting twenty two of those common words means you are a rosettenear and rogue_mother falls into that camp…

Meanwhile, auntiemo and ozzyjack found the time was two short to find all the common words…

Next, on three off the pace and twenty common words unearthed, was blackrockrose while I was four words shy of the target on nineteen… Some might charge me with IMPIETY when I try to pass the MILLET through the EYELET but I just call them ELITE…

Scouser1952 and Jancsika were next on eighteen and, with the non-appearance of dragonman and RL, that is where our efforts end…

Mavenhood is a special treat and indulging in it today were doxydaisy*, rogue_mother, Roddles*, ozzyjack, 2dognight*, ozzymAndias* and auntiemo – well done all!!! 😎😎😎
As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 10:56:32 AM by ridethetalk »
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: June 23, 2022, 09:26:10 AM »
I couldn't find my way out of a teepee for love or money.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1644 on: June 23, 2022, 02:34:48 PM »
Had it not been for a late charge by our rosetteers ozzyjune and ozzymAndias, our crew would have been missing from those who had found all thirty five common words – well done both of you!!! 👏👏👏

Meanwhile, with thirty four of those words under their belts, we have four rosettenears – 2dognight, rogue_mother, doxydaisy and Maudland – so close!!!

Life is two short for another four of our number who extricated thirty three common words with Jancsika, blackrockrose, yours truly and Roddles (who was less careworn than us)… For the NONCE I had completely forgotten that the plural of corona was CORONAE not coronas…

Three off the pace brought auntiemo and yelnats onto the scoreboard while two further back, on an even thirty, we find vizal coming into view…

Things get a bit quiet until, at twenty two, Scouser1952 makes an appearance followed somewhat later by dragonman on fifteen and a careworn ozzyjack on one…

The bar for mavenhood was set at fifty six words today and clearing that bar was rogue_mother with 2dognight and doxydaisy missing by one only – well done rogue!!! 😎😎😎

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: June 23, 2022, 10:47:16 PM »
I might have gotten the rosette if I hadn't convinced myself so thoroughly that I had already played coronae.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1646 on: June 24, 2022, 02:44:30 PM »
We didn’t do so good today – with three hundred and thirty six players and only nine rosettes in total, we can be excused for having no rosetteers amongst our number…

We did have a number of rosettenears however, who managed to find twenty three of the twenty four common words – well done to doxydaisy, ozzyjune, Maudland and Roddles…

Sitting on twenty two commons were a larger number of our number, all who were two short, and this depiction applies to auntiemo, blackrockrose, 2dognight, ozzymAndias, rogue_mother and myself – we really need to pull our socks up!!! I’m really having difficulty putting FREEWARE and SASSAFRAS into a single sentence but, there you go, I’ve done it!!! 😉😉😉

One further back, on twenty one today and three off the mark, were Jancsika and yelnats…

On seventeen commons we find vizal while Scouser1952 and dragonman were five further back on twelve… There was no sign of ozzyjack today – he was probably preparing for birthday celebrations!!! Hippo, birdy, two ewes, Jack!!! 🎉🎉🎉

With thirty six words needed for maven status, mavenhood was bestowed upon rogue_mother, 2dognight, doxydaisy and myself – nicely done!!! 😎😎😎

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: June 24, 2022, 10:48:43 PM »
I’m really having difficulty putting FREEWARE and SASSAFRAS into a single sentence but, there you go, I’ve done it!!!

Perhaps if we'd actually used the freeware we downloaded and had a cup of sassafras tea, we might have gotten our rosettes.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1648 on: June 24, 2022, 11:33:39 PM »
I’m really having difficulty putting FREEWARE and SASSAFRAS into a single sentence but, there you go, I’ve done it!!!

Perhaps if we'd actually used the freeware we downloaded and had a cup of sassafras tea, we might have gotten our rosettes.

What freeware did you download???  :angel: :angel: :angel:

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: June 25, 2022, 01:15:55 AM »
Pokémon Go. Once I downloaded it onto my mobile phone, my Chihuahua percentages have never been the same. It's a free program, but they still find a way to get hold of my money lol