Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129515 times)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1620 on: June 17, 2022, 08:36:06 AM »
Blimey, well done, Ozzyjack!!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: June 17, 2022, 02:12:48 PM »
Hi Madeleine,

I got thrown by a loose horseshoe today.

It took me far too much time.  It takes me twice as long to achieve the same result as June or Andrew.  I justify the time I spend on lengthy 7-by-many at the moment, at the expense of other commitments, as family bonding. 

I have to confess that when I go maven hunting I scan a dictionary for rare words.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 05:47:33 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1622 on: June 17, 2022, 02:42:02 PM »
Today we had a target of one common word for every week in the year! I’m surprised that ozzyjack even started this puzzle!!! 😉 Yet, even with such a high word count needed for a rosette, we still managed a number of rosetteers – that number being two – and congratulations should go to both yelnats and Roddles for getting them all!!! 👏👏👏

After getting so close, it must have been galling for the rosettenears amongst us to have been pipped at the post – how say you dragonman, Jancsika, ozzyjune, ozzymAndias and ozzyjack???

Meanwhile, scoring an even half century puts you in danger of diminishment and blackrockrose has her back against the wall as far as that is concerned…

Our contributor from inside the beltway, rogue_mother, missed by three whilst vizal and doxydaisy were both one further back on forty eight…

Next it was my turn to get my foot in the door with a score of forty seven commons – personally, I don’t thinks it’s KOSHER that a PEERESS, or PEERESSES, wax lyrical on the trials and tribulations of those in the POORER SPHERE of society…

Scouser1952 made his presence felt on forty five commons and auntiemo made hers on forty one and that accounts for all the 7beamers who participated today…

With a score of eighty six to enable mavenhood, one could be forgiven for missing this achievement but dragonman, rogue_mother and ozzyjack don’t have to be forgiven having exceeded the mark with aplomb!!! 😎😎😎
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: June 17, 2022, 04:35:29 PM »
I'd have paid my last kopek just to get that rosette....

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: June 17, 2022, 06:24:58 PM »
PEERESSES did not attend my attempt for a rosette.
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: June 18, 2022, 08:46:46 AM »
If only I'd had a kopek, I might have been able to oppose the producer of the brain block and become the possessor of a rosette.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1626 on: June 18, 2022, 02:38:40 PM »
A low word count again today with only a score of common words needed to be found to score (see what I did there?) a rosette and LOTS of 7beamers became rosetteers as a result with doxydaisy, Roddles, auntiemo, rogue_mother, 2dognight, dragonman, Scouser1952 (well done!), ozzyjune, myself, ozzymAndias, Jancsika and ozzyjack – that’s a dozen of us, not a score but there aren’t a score of us anyway!!! Well done all!!! 👏👏👏

I wonder how short being two short has made yelnats and what words tripped him up???

Meanwhile, one further back on seventeen we find vizal while Maudland was two common words behind him on fifteen and, without the input of either blackrockrose or RL, we call a halt to our efforts…

The bar for maven was set at thirty six words and rogue_mother* led us off with 2dognight* and dragonman* also achieving mavenhood… Nice job all for not just mavenhood but also that double!!! 😎😎😎🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: June 19, 2022, 10:30:27 AM »
Hi Madeleine,

I got thrown by a loose horseshoe today.

It took me far too much time.  It takes me twice as long to achieve the same result as June or Andrew.  I justify the time I spend on lengthy 7-by-many at the moment, at the expense of other commitments, as family bonding. 

I have to confess that when I go maven hunting I scan a dictionary for rare words.

And I thought horseshoes were supposed to be lucky??

I spend too long on it sometimes - especially when I have Last Word Syndrome. But it sounds like it actually is family bonding in your house??

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: June 19, 2022, 02:03:15 PM »
I missed out because of a lack of Science and an abundance of senescence.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1629 on: June 19, 2022, 02:15:29 PM »
Yet another low common word count game – twenty one today! So congratulations to the rosetteers amongst us who found them all: ozzymAndias, auntiemo, Roddles, rogue_mother, ozzyjune, doxydaisy, Maudland and blackrockrose – nice job folks!!! 👏👏👏

Just one word short of that mark earns the distinction of a rosettenear and yelnats, yours truly, Jancsika and dragonman have done just that…

To be two short is a relative thing which, today, 2dognight, vizal and ozzyjack can relate to as they scored nineteen common words…

Joining the pack on fifteen we have Scouser1952 which is where we leave the search for common words today…

Mavenhood requires thirty four words and dragonman is the only purveyor of that mantle today with rogue_mother missing by the merest of margins – well done Gareth!!! 😎😎😎

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #1630 on: June 19, 2022, 03:34:20 PM »
2 days ago, 2 short, accede and acceded. At least I was consistent.

1 day ago, 1 short, iciness which matches the weather! (Figuratively)

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: June 19, 2022, 07:25:31 PM »
After all my SUCCESSES you would have thought I would have got a rosette.

If I try to use the smileys above it comes up as 404 forbidden and wipes my post out, does this happen to anyone else?
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: June 20, 2022, 01:43:23 AM »
After all my SUCCESSES you would have thought I would have got a rosette.

If I try to use the smileys above it comes up as 404 forbidden and wipes my post out, does this happen to anyone else?

No,  :D :-\ but it’s ever so fiddly to get to them on my phone! So - working ok on an iPhone…

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: June 20, 2022, 02:05:38 PM »
The paratroops  saw a tattooist before they tracked the quarries spoor
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1634 on: June 20, 2022, 02:53:15 PM »
Well, just about when the buzzer went off, I thought I had the seed word when I thought of spitroast but, apparently, this is two words… ☹ Anyway, with forty one common words to get and three hundred and forty players, only six rosettes in total were awarded and none were from our group of wordsmiths…

With just one further common word to get, our rosettenears were ozzyjune and ozzymAndias – well done on getting so close!!!

Gareth (dragonman) was two short today – is that an anger management issue because of getting so close??? 😉😉😉

Roddles, Maudland and ozzyjack were next on three off the pace (thirty eight commons found)…

One behind them was rogue_mother on thirty seven – that lovely prime number – while Jancsika and doxydaisy were two behind her on thirty five…

I was next on thirty four having missed the PORTRAITIST because the PARATROOPS at the AIRSTRIP had all gone off to the TATTOOIST in town and the SITARIST had gone off to get some honey from the APIARIST…

On thirty three we find vizal, then yelnats on thirty two before a gap to twenty six where we find Scouser1952…

Checking in on fourteen was auntiemo which is where, I believe, our efforts end for the day…

Ninety one words was the target for a maven score and, like the rosette situation, we were absent from any mavenhood with our best efforts coming from rogue_mother, on eighty six and ozzyjack, on eighty two…