Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130558 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1590 on: June 09, 2022, 02:32:38 PM »
Another challenging puzzle – but, really, when aren’t they and would we be as engaged if they were easy? – with forty five common words the target for a rosette and just twelve rosetteers overall out of three hundred and forty eight players! From our coterie there were only two rosetteers with dragonman and ozzymAndias achieving the goal… Well done both of you!!! 👏👏👏

More of our crew managed to get all but one word making doxydaisy, rogue_mother, Roddles, ozzyjune and ozzyjack all rosettenears…

I was all alone in my two shortedness (is that even a word???) having moved on from the answer to life, the universe and everything by finding lassie – back at the EMBASSIES, the staff SALLIES forth to defend against the mob…

Meanwhile, having the answer to life, the universe and everything means you missed by three which is where we find 2dognight and blackrockrose…

Forty one brings Maudland into play, one ahead of yelnats who, in turn is one ahead of vizal…

Next, on thirty four commons liberated from the puzzle, was Jancsika with Scouser1952 two further back on thirty two and auntiemo on thirty one which is where our 7beamer efforts are exhausted…

One hundred and five words was a high bar for mavenhood yet still we had three people clearing that bar – congrats to ozzyjack, dragonman and doxydaisy… 😎😎😎
Again dragonman managed to pull off that double – kudos to you, Gareth… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: June 10, 2022, 08:17:55 AM »
Where were my allies when my mavenhood was being threatened? Nowhere to be found!!
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: June 10, 2022, 10:16:50 AM »
I knew it was a mistake to IMBIBE so much at the ASSEMBLIES I went to, at various EMBASSIES - but still … I even started eying up the SALAMI.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1593 on: June 10, 2022, 03:32:15 PM »
Quick off the mark today in the rosette stakes was auntiemo who uncovered all thirty one common words in grand time. She was joined there by 2dognight, dragonman, rogue_mother, doxydaisy, ozzyjune and ozzymAndias – well done rosetteers one and all!!! 👏👏👏

Missing by one puts you in rosettenear territory and Jancsika, Roddles and myself could be found there… I was there with my little red CORVETTE…

Maudland found twenty nine common words though not the seed word as she was two short to extricate herself from the coverlet…

Meanwhile, blackrockrose was three off three pace on twenty eight with yelnats and ozzyjack close behind on twenty seven…

Scouser1952 was our final 7beamer clocking in on nineteen…

Getting into maven territory meant finding at least forty eight words which rogue_mother*, myself, dragonman*, doxydaisy* and ozzymAndias* all managed with aplomb in order to maintain or gain their mavenhood… 😎😎😎
As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉 - I’m not going to point out there was only one asterisk missing there… (oops!)  :-R :-R :-R
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: June 11, 2022, 09:57:20 AM »
COVERLET! Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear …  :-C

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1595 on: June 11, 2022, 02:33:02 PM »
Twenty eight words was the target today for the rosetteers amongst us and auntiemo, rogue_mother, blackrockrose, dragonman, Roddles, Jancsika, doxydaisy, Maudland, ozzyjune, ozzyjack and ozzymAndias all achieved that target… Well done all eleven of you!!! 👏👏👏

Only two I was the lone * rosettenears today with yelnats and I stuck on twenty seven commons - obviously I was having a FIERIER time of it than those above…

2dognight had a two short day while vizal was four off the pace on twenty four…

Three further back on twenty one today we find Scouser1952 which is where we bid adieu to the 7beamer crew for this puzzle…

Three dozen words will net you a maven and those celebrating their mavenhood was led off by ozzyjack* followed by doxydaisy*, rogue_mother*, ozzymAndias*, myself, auntiemo*, 2dognight, dragonman*, Roddles* and ozzyjune* - well done all… 😎😎😎
As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉 – at least today I had company in getting my mavenhood and missing a rosette!!!  :-R :-R :-R

*Fixed this up - somehow I missed yelnats amongst the rosettenears...  :-P :-P :-P
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 07:22:11 PM by ridethetalk »

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: June 11, 2022, 02:42:50 PM »
I managed to get my rosette with no mistakes and no rare words. This was the second time ever!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1597 on: June 11, 2022, 03:00:16 PM »
Well done HJ - sorry I missed seeing that...  :-R :-R :-R

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #1598 on: June 11, 2022, 05:56:55 PM »
I was a rosettenear missing referrer. I only tried referer á la referee.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1599 on: June 11, 2022, 07:23:04 PM »
I was a rosettenear missing referrer. I only tried referer á la referee.

Sorry - all fixed now...  :-R :-R :-R

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1600 on: June 12, 2022, 02:31:17 PM »
With today’s twenty eight common word puzzle now behind us, it’s time to award the rosetteers with their due kudos and 2dognight, Roddles and doxydaisy deserve our praise!!! 👏👏👏

Just missing out is a habit you don’t want to get into but it sure beats being further down the rankings as our rosettenears rogue_mother and I can attest… …and, speaking of tests, my OVERARM bowling is nowhere good enough so I’d better stick to boules… 😉

Meanwhile yelnats, ozzyjune and dragonman all appear two short by far as they found twenty six out of the twenty eight common words…

Maudland was one common word further back while vizal was one word behind her on twenty four…

We appear to be coming in in dribs and drabs as auntiemo was one word behind Alan and Moyra was one ahead of HJ (Jancsika), who led ozzymAndias by that single word as well…

Eighteen common words saw Scouser1952 join the party with ozzyjack trailing that single common word behind him… That appears to be all from the 7beamers’ club today!

Fifty words needed for mavenhood brought rogue_mother, dragonman, doxydaisy* and 2dognight* into the spotlight – well done on wresting so many words from that letter combo… 😎😎😎
As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: June 13, 2022, 12:48:15 PM »
Foiled by a misplaced comma!
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1602 on: June 13, 2022, 02:14:29 PM »
With three hundred and forty four players and only eleven rosettes you could be forgiven for thinking this puzzle was a stinker. Fortunately, at least ozzyjune and ozzyjack managed to find all fifty words to become a rosetteer… 👏👏👏

Next best was to be a rosettenear and blackrockrose and I were TAILGATING ozzy’s June and Jack…

It seems it was dragonman and yelnats’s turn to be two short as they were next on forty eight…

Forty seven saw rogue_mother join the fray with ozzymAndias just one word behind her…

Meanwhile doxydaisy made an appearance with forty five commons uncovered just one ahead of Jancsika…

The answer to life, the universe and everything may be vizal’s bag but he didn’t have the answer to the final eight common words!!!

Further back on twenty five saw auntiemo whereas Scouser1952 found the three seed words and promptly skedaddled…
It was also a tough puzzle if mavenhood was your target as you would need eighty nine words for this yet dragonman still managed and doxydaisy only just missed out – well done Gareth… 😎😎😎

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: June 13, 2022, 02:38:02 PM »
Does anyone else experience almost total brain freeze? I spent quite a while just staring and shuffling......and then shrugged and walked away!
I smiled at the solution....couldn’t even summon up the forehead slap.
Hopefully I will fare better today.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #1604 on: June 13, 2022, 04:29:53 PM »
Initialing but not initialling, and gnarl but not gnarling.

And why trailing but not trailling when we have trialing and trialling?