Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 131504 times)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1560 on: May 29, 2022, 09:43:56 PM »
I am IMPELled to admit that my effort was not PREMIUM either, Jack. My excuse is that I’m not in my usual PURLIEU, visiting family (although I do happen to be near a large park, traditionally hunting grounds!) …

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: May 30, 2022, 07:19:16 AM »
That was quite a pileup at the purlieu of rosettenear status, providing a milieu of dissatisfaction when the game threw an allegedly common word at us that is truly not common.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1562 on: May 30, 2022, 02:31:38 PM »
Leading off a slew of rosetteers today was 2dognight in this twenty six common word puzzle, with blackrockrose, dragonman, Maudland, ozzyjune, ozzymAndias (welcome back Andrew) and ozzyjack all garnering enough common words to score a rosette – well done!!! 👏👏👏

Nearly, but not quite, as good were the efforts of our rosettenears: doxydaisy and yelnats – it will be interesting to hear what word caused your grief…

Becoming two short is not something most of us would aspire to but auntiemo, rogue_mother and Jancsika all carry it with aplomb…

With a score of twenty three (three off the mark) we find vizal while I was one further back on twenty two commons unearthed – as I FALLIBLY FLAIL about my garden, I cannot ALLAY the fear that my ALFALFA will not flourish…

Roddles was twenty one today (congrats! 😉) while Scouser1952 clocked in on thirteen which is where we draw a line under our rosette efforts…

The mavenhood bar was set at forty words today and clearing that is an achievement that rogue_mother, dragonman*, 2dognight*, blackrockrose*, doxydaisy, ozzyjack* and Maudland* should all be proud of… 😎😎😎
Of those, the ones asterisked proudly achieved doubles… 🎉🎉🎉
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 02:33:20 PM by ridethetalk »
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: May 31, 2022, 08:10:35 AM »
The laity went after the solution set rather flabbily; hence, they did not achieve the rosette.

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: May 31, 2022, 08:49:32 AM »
The laity were upset by the lack of alfalfa sprouts in the salad....and missed the rosette.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1565 on: May 31, 2022, 02:23:37 PM »
A score of twenty five common words will reward you with a rosette today and our rosetteers were plentiful with ozzyjune, ozzymAndias, 2dognight, Maudland and rogue_mother all doing all that was required… Well done all!!! 👏👏👏

Missing by a solitary word was a solitary 7beamer – dragonman – dang!!!

Jancsika was off by two which makes him two short while auntiemo was one further back on twenty two, three off the pace…

One behind her were yelnats and vizal who were twenty one today – is congratulations in order??? 😉😉😉

Nineteen common words was where Roddles and I joined the party – I was BESET by the BOSSIEST, most OTIOSE OBOIST I have ever met who plonked himself on the SETTEE and only stirred when annoyed by the TSETSE fly!!!

Scouser1952 was one further back on eighteen while RL made a welcome return on nine… The last cab off the rank was ozzyjack who discovered OBESITY and decided this wasn’t the puzzle for him… 😉😉😉

Mavenhood required the finding of fifty six words total and our stalwarts rogue_mother* and dragonman were joined by 2dognight* in achieving that distinction… 😎😎😎
*doubles were achieved… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #1566 on: May 31, 2022, 09:52:46 PM »
Missed flabbily but had flabby in day before yesterday. Couldn't put flabbily in a sentence. Spell check has changed it back to flabby twice!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1567 on: June 01, 2022, 02:20:50 PM »
With twenty seven common words resulting in a rosette, our rosetteers today were 2dognight, rogue_mother, dragonman, ozzyjack and ozzyjune – well done you handful of word wizards!!! 👏👏👏

Almost getting there (but not quite!) were our (almost) handful of rosettenears in Jancsika, auntiemo, myself and yelnats – I couldn’t find that last word RIPELY enough!!!

Next on twenty five commons but two short to care was auntiemo…

We now go to twenty three commons unearthed and find ozzymAndias (but without PERKILY uncovering the seed word!)…

On twenty one (again!) today we find vizal while two further back Scouser1952 joins the pack and which is where, if my failing eyesight doesn’t deceive me, we round out our efforts…

Mavenhood required the discovery of at least forty seven words and those who managed this were myself, ozzymAndias, ozzyjack*, dragonman*, doxydaisy, rogue_mother*, auntiemo, 2dognight*, ozzyjune* and yelnats – well done everyone!!! 😎😎😎
As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: June 01, 2022, 02:48:26 PM »
 Too peppery for me!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #1569 on: June 01, 2022, 07:14:12 PM »
What sort of word is RIPELY anyway!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 08:02:07 PM by yelnats »

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1570 on: June 01, 2022, 09:02:14 PM »
What sort of a word is RIPELY anyway!

Indeed!!! I think that ^^^ statement needed the interrobang‽‽‽  ;) ;) ;)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1571 on: June 02, 2022, 05:10:52 PM »
Props must go to dragonman, the only 7beamer to find all fifty two common words and become a rosetteer in the process – well done, Gareth… 👏👏👏

No rosettenears but a number of us were two short with blackrockrose, yelnats, rogue_mother, myself and Jancsika all coming up short!!! I needed to use some CHEESECLOTH to wrap my feet as my shoes are now HEELLESS.

Joining the scoreboard on forty nine was ozzyjune whilst vizal and auntiemo were next to touch base on forty seven…

Scouser1952 found forty three commons and ozzymAndias an even forty…

Finding both common seed words and then ‘getting out of town before sundown, Brown’ was ozzyjack…

Mavenhood was awarded to those who exceeded ninety five words total (i.e. 96+) and rogue_mother, dragonman and yours truly were so rewarded… 😎😎😎
Double the fun was had by dragonman… 🎉🎉🎉

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: June 03, 2022, 07:40:52 AM »
I used a compress made of cheesecloth to soothe my fevered brow after failing to achieve a rosette. And boy, did I need it. I didn't see soothe after finding sooth, nor, of course, cheesecloth after finding both cheese and cloth. Doh!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: June 03, 2022, 02:01:30 PM »
i have just had an attack of nausea.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1574 on: June 03, 2022, 02:29:04 PM »
Congratulations must go to rogue_mother and doxydaisy for being our rosetteers amongst the ten rosettes awarded in this twenty four common word puzzle – quite an achievement!!! 👏👏👏

There were a handful of rosettenears in dragonman, ozzyjune, ozzymAndias, blackrockrose and ozzyjack (who had a bout of NAUSEA when finding out his missing word!) – did others suffer a similar fate???

Three 7beamers were two short with auntiemo, yelnats and Jancsika all being humbled by this sunbeam puzzle…

Meanwhile 2dognight missed by three which is two better than me who only managed nineteen (five off the pace) – it may not be cause for a BANNS but eating too much BANANA could lead to the need to BENUMB oneself to the possibility of an ENEMA, if not today, then MANANA…

Next, on eighteen, we find vizal while, back on six, Scouser1952 made his presence felt which is more than we can say for Roddles, Maudland and RL who were all MIA…

Our mavens for today were also our rosetteers so treble congrats to rogue_mother and doxydaisy on your mavenhood!!! 😎😎😎🎉🎉🎉