Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130586 times)

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1545 on: May 25, 2022, 05:57:44 PM »
Eck, I missed kopeck, but had kopek.

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: May 25, 2022, 06:37:53 PM »
KOPECK did for me too

You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1547 on: May 25, 2022, 08:51:07 PM »
KOPECK did for me too

There seems to be a lot of that going around...  :-R :-R :-R
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: May 25, 2022, 09:45:24 PM »
Well, just to be different, I missed both kopeck and kopek.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1549 on: May 26, 2022, 02:48:16 PM »
With fifty four common words for a rosette, I expect there will be a fall-off in 7beamers competing… We had but two rosetteers today with dragonman and doxydaisy both rising to the challenge – well done!!! 👏👏👏

We also had two rosettenears with blackrockrose and rogue_mother missing by the merest of margins…

On fifty two (and hence two short to see the finish line) we find yelnats while ozzyjune was three off the pace!!!

I was joined on an even half century by auntiemo – an ECLECTIC TSETSE was hovering around the LILIES and causing the concerned bystander to swallow deeply to return his TESTIS into its proper position…

Jancsika was next on forty nine and then vizal on forty five. A long way back, on twenty three, we find Roddles while Scouser1952 joined the scoreboard on twenty… It looks like ozzyjack had found four words before realising this was a puzzle he didn’t want to compete in…
With one hundred and five words necessary for mavenhood, the only person to not disappoint was rogue_mother!!! Well done rogue… 😎😎😎
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: May 26, 2022, 02:58:43 PM »
It wasn't the tsetse fly for me. It was the eclectic kitties that almost caused this testiest of players to chuck a sickie.

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #1551 on: May 26, 2022, 05:41:18 PM »
I have a tin ear, so it's not too surprising that cellist deprived me of a rosette.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: May 26, 2022, 10:14:55 PM »
I was bitten by the tsetse fly.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1553 on: May 27, 2022, 02:40:55 PM »
Two dozen common words was the rosette target today and we had a handful of rosetteers with rogue_mother, doxydaisy, blackrockrose, Roddles and yelnats all finding all the words needed… Well done all!!! 👏👏👏

Missing by one and hence becoming rosettenears by default were auntiemo, dragonman and Maudland who will now be kicking themselves, I’m sure… 😉😉😉

Meanwhile, being two short meant that ozzyjune, 2dognight and Jancsika all missed out on being both rosetteers and rosettenears…

Alone on twenty one today, vizal was three off the pace while I was alone on five off… He didn’t want to be EVASIVE but, when IBISES ABASE themselves to BEVIES of quail, it’s past time he BUSIES himself in trying to get the natural order restored!!!

Scouser1952 joined in on fourteen while ozzyjack clocked in on five…

With the answer to life, the universe and everything, dragonman leads off our mavens today. Thirty five was where the bar was set and the others clearing it to garner their mavenhood were 2dognight, doxydaisy and rogue_mother… 😎😎😎
Scoring the ‘double’ were doxydaisy and rogue_mother… 🎉🎉🎉

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: May 27, 2022, 02:49:12 PM »
Kicking myself?....kind of. I was pleased to get as close as I did....but I'm blowed if I can see how I missed biases ?

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1555 on: May 28, 2022, 02:55:27 PM »
Well, dragonman and auntiemo deserve applause today for finding all twenty eight common words and becoming rosetteers… 👏👏👏

Meanwhile, 2dognight, ozzyjune and Roddles missed by the smallest margin giving them rosettenears… Better hunting today…

By finding twenty six commons, yelnats and Maudland found themselves two short to spend time at the big people’s table… 😉😉😉

Three off the pace and one behind them were rogue_mother, blackrockrose and ozzyjack whilst vizal, myself and Jancsika missed by four with two dozen commons in our kit bag… CIRCA 1980 when ACACIA was the tree to be planting, I decided to paint my OARLOCK in the most delightful shade of LILAC…

Scouser1952 joined the party on twenty two and, with doxydaisy and RL failing to make an appearance, that wraps up the state pf play in rosette hunting…

To earn your mavenhood today you needed forty six words total and dragonman and rogue_mother again managed to outdo all others in our coterie though 2dognight just missed out… 😎😎😎 To add to his achievement, dragonman managed the double… 🎉🎉🎉

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: May 29, 2022, 02:39:15 AM »
We wanted to take the rowboat out on the lake, but we were missing an oarlock. Then we thought we might rollick in the corral, but that wasn't happening either. No fun!
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1557 on: May 29, 2022, 02:18:42 PM »
Only eight rosettes in this forty nine common word puzzle and, unfortunately, no rosetteers from our coterie… ☹☹☹

The best we could manage was a solitary rosettenear from a returning doxydaisy – well done Anne…

Next were a clutch of 7beamers on forty six (three off the pace) in rogue_mother, blackrockrose, dragonman and Maudland followed by Jancsika, yours truly, and ozzy’s June and Jack (I must say I was surprised to see Jack in this forty nine common word puzzle!)  :o :o :o – the MELEE in the PURLIEU caused a PILEUP which left people PULPIER than they were before… 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

On his lonesome on forty four was yelnats while vizal and Roddles joined the fray on thirty seven…

On thirty six was auntiemo while Scouser1952 made his appearance on nineteen which appears to be where our responses end…

Mavenhood demanded a wordcount of ninety or more and doxydaisy, rogue_mother and dragonman all didn’t fail to achieve this benchmark… Well done!!! 😎😎😎

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: May 29, 2022, 04:53:01 PM »
Love your work John. There's no way I could do what you do on a daily basis. I missed pimplier in the last game. I know I'm a bit hit and miss these days on this puzzle but I still love to read everyone's posts.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: May 29, 2022, 05:18:03 PM »
Mine was not a premium effort.  I am feeling less than peppier about that pileup and am going to head for a different purlieu.
Regards, Jack