Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130502 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1530 on: May 23, 2022, 11:49:24 AM »
Thanks rogue, it was.

We had an federal election here and I was up very late watching the fallout. Then, yesterday afternoon, I had a local sustainability group meeting to attend, to call on our local government to spend more of our rates money on helping people live more sustainably. I was away from my computer for all that time, so didn't get the opportunity to do my normal rundown... Thanks for picking up after me... :P :P :P

So as you're not kept in SUSPENSE, I had to UNPIN my quest for a rosette as the time simply ran out...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 11:52:12 AM by ridethetalk »
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: May 23, 2022, 02:04:24 PM »
I couldn't pinpoint pippin although I had pippin yesterday. >:(
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1532 on: May 23, 2022, 02:36:01 PM »
Our standout rosetteers in this twenty nine common word puzzle were rogue_mother and Maudland – well done to both of you!!! 👏👏👏

Doing almost as well and becoming rosettenears as a result were 2dognight, Scouser1952, dragonman, Roddles, blackrockrose and auntiemo – what word let you down? …and was it the same one???

Joining the two short club today were doxydaisy, me, ozzyjune and ozzyjack – I had an INSIPID final crack at the puzzle but couldn’t PINPOINT the final two words… 😮😮😮

The next cabs off the rank were Jancsika and yelnats both on twenty three commons found while vizal was two further back on twenty one today…

To be a maven you needed to have at least the answer to life, the universe and everything and dragonman and rogue_mother must both have brains the size of a planet… 😉😉😉 😎😎😎
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #1533 on: May 23, 2022, 02:38:41 PM »
The nonstop election news must have distracted me.

Scouser1952

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: May 23, 2022, 04:44:53 PM »
That would be - pippin!

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: May 23, 2022, 08:18:53 PM »
PIPPIN for me too

You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: May 24, 2022, 01:34:34 AM »
The nonstop election news must have distracted me.

I was fortunate enough to get a rosette on this round, but nonstop was the last common word that I found.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: May 24, 2022, 09:55:01 AM »
I missed indisposition .
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1538 on: May 24, 2022, 10:48:05 AM »
That one took me a long time to find and was definitely a doh! moment when I did...

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1539 on: May 24, 2022, 02:24:09 PM »
Whew! That was a near thing for me! At twenty five common words for a rosette, the reunify puzzle was trickier than it would seem at first blush. Nonetheless, we had a bunch of rosetteers in dragonman, Maudland, Roddles, rogue_mother, ozzyjack, ozzyjune and me (with just three minutes to spare!)… Well done!!! 👏👏👏 (FWIW. Iffier was my final common word and ninny my second-last.)

On twenty four, and hence acquiring rosettenear status, were blackrockrose, 2dognight and yelnats who must now be kicking themselves on the word they missed…

On his lonesome on twenty three, we find the now diminutive vizal who finds himself two short…

Twenty one words saw Jancsika joining the scoreboard while two further back auntiemo did likewise…

Another two words back, on seventeen, Scouser1952 made his presence felt which is not something you could say for doxydaisy and RL!!!

Three dozen words (thirty six for those who are mathematically challenged 😉) would garner you a maven today and mavenhood was acquired by rogue_mother, 2dognight, dragonman, ozzyjack, ozzyjune, me and yelnats – well done all!!! 😎😎😎
Of those, rogue_mother, dragonman, ozzyjack, ozzyjune and I all managed that elusive double… 🎉🎉🎉

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #1540 on: May 24, 2022, 06:40:29 PM »
Ennui made me miss the double.

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #1541 on: May 24, 2022, 09:51:09 PM »
I must have missed eyrie as many times as I've missed aerie.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: May 25, 2022, 06:57:51 AM »
Ennui made me miss the double.

For me it was the opposite -- ennui was the last common I found to give me the double.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1543 on: May 25, 2022, 02:44:59 PM »
If you got twenty four common words in today’s 7bm, you would have pocketed a rosette. sadly I am not one of them but we did have several rosetteers with blackrockrose, rogue_mother, 2dognight and Maudland all coming up with the goods… Well done!!! 👏👏👏

Stuck on twenty three were Roddles, me, dragonman and yelnats who, to borrow a term from cribbage, died in the hole – the alternate spelling KOPECK was my downfall; how about the rest of you??? 😥😥😥

Life was two short for auntiemo, vizal and Scouser1952 who were much diminished as a result…

Twenty one common words saw ozzyjune join the scoreboard while Jancsika was two further back…

Sixteen was perhaps not so sweet for ozzyjack and this rounds off our attempts today as doxydaisy and RL were again MIA – I’m trusting all is well with them…

The cut-off point for maven was set at thirty words total and rogue_mother*, 2dognight*, dragonman, auntiemo, yelnats and Maudland* were rewarded with mavenhood as a result… 😎😎😎The asterisks above were those who scored a double!!! 🎉🎉🎉
Special mentions to Roddles, blackrockrose and me who all “died in the hole” on mavenhood as well… 😥😥😥

Scouser1952

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: May 25, 2022, 05:28:57 PM »
Oh eck I copped out with -KOPECK and his shorter brother KOPEK.