Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130769 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1515 on: May 19, 2022, 02:17:38 PM »
What a CHEERFUL puzzle we had today… I got a rare rosette today – allow me to bask in the glory of that for a moment… I was saved from the ignominious fate of being two short by finding FLUFF (but not of the navel variety) and… …then I got an ULCER to complete my rosette!!!  :-P :-P :-P 🤣🤣🤣

A fairly low count of twenty two common words were needed for a rosette and we had rosetteers in 2dognight, me (!!!), doxydaisy, dragonman, Roddles and Maudland – good job all!!! 👏👏👏

That single last word must have been confounding for those who were rosettenears, with yelnats, blackrockrose and rogue_mother all missing by a “mile”… 😮😮😮

Becoming our solitary colleague who ended up two short was vizal with twenty commons unearthed…

Behind him by one, and three off the pace, were ozzyjune and Jancsika while one behind them was auntiemo coming in on eighteen…

Scouser1952 joined in at twelve whilst ozzyjack managed an unlikely for him score of six… RL was again MIA; let’s hope it’s nothing more serious than lack of time…

Mavenhood needed thirty five words total or more and dragonman, doxydaisy, rogue_mother, me, yelnats, blackrockrose and 2dognight all cleared that bar (unfortunately for Roddles, he missed it by one though he may have stopped once he got his rosette) – great work all… 😎😎😎
Doubles were managed by dragonman, doxydaisy, me and 2dognight… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1516 on: May 19, 2022, 03:52:56 PM »
Dr Karl (featured in the article above (but not of the navel variety)) Kruszelnicki is a science communicator who has a program on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's radio station, Radio National. I can heartily recommend it if your science appetite runs at all toward the odd...  ;D ;D ;D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #1517 on: May 19, 2022, 10:49:16 PM »
That was cruel; I had crueler but not crueLLer. I don't think I have seen it with 2 Ls.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: May 19, 2022, 10:52:41 PM »
I am rueful for not having achieved a rosette.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #1519 on: May 20, 2022, 02:12:51 PM »
Circumstances contrived to fleece me of a rosette

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: May 20, 2022, 02:57:20 PM »
I didn't pay my levies, so I didn't get any lollies
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1521 on: May 20, 2022, 03:01:46 PM »
Thirteen is an unlucky number for some but for the thirteen who got a rosette I would say they are happy. Out of three hundred and thirty two players, not a one of our 7beamers managed the distinction of finding all twenty seven common words... ☹☹☹

Rosettenears were in greater profusion with dragonman, rogue_mother, doxydaisy and ozzyjune all finding all but one of those dastardly words!!! 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Of the eight players on twenty five, five of them were from our little band of 7beamers with 2dognight, auntiemo, me, Jancsika and ozzyjack all falling two short of a rosette… I got a severe bout of COLIC from contemplating how to move the COLOSSI blocking my way… I’m not sure how ‘common’ colossi really is but I’m not going to give myself colic over that!!!

Next, on twenty three was Maudland followed one further back by yelnats…

Joining the fray on nineteen were blackrockrose, vizal and Roddles while three further back brought Scouser1952 into the picture…

A fairly high bar for mavenhood was set with forty eight words required and only dragonman and rogue_mother cleared it with doxydaisy falling one short… 😎😎😎

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: May 21, 2022, 02:05:07 AM »
I couldn't find the path to a rosette for all the colossi standing in my way.

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: May 21, 2022, 11:37:43 AM »
I guess it's my civic duty to admit I got collie and missed coolie.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #1524 on: May 21, 2022, 01:28:18 PM »
Maybe I should consider myself lucky that I didn't get silicosis or scoliosis, but maybe I'm immune to silicosis as I've found it before. The other 3 I missed were just missed!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1525 on: May 21, 2022, 02:20:05 PM »

With just thirty common words in today’s cerebrally challenging puzzle, 2dognight led off our list of rosetteers with auntiemo, dragonman, blackrockrose, Roddles, Maudland and myself all rising to the challenge… Good job!!! 👏👏👏 My final two words were celery and lycra which surprised me when I got them in that I hadn’t seen them earlier…

Rosettenears were in reasonable supply too with rogue_mother, doxydaisy, Jancsika and ozzyjune all barely missing out by the smallest of margins…

Being two short is the sole domain of ozzyjack today while yelnats missed by three…

Scouser1952 could be found on twenty six while vizal joined the list on twenty four…

Forty nine was where the bar for maven was set today and ozzyjack, doxydaisy, auntiemo, dragonman, rogue_mother and myself all cleared it (though only just in my case…) 😎😎😎 – blackrockrose gets an honourable mention for missing by one having got her rosette! Doubles were achieved by auntiemo, dragonman and myself… 🎉🎉🎉

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1526 on: May 21, 2022, 05:22:09 PM »
BTW. I was quite surprised that CYBER was rare...  ??? ??? ???

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: May 22, 2022, 06:55:44 AM »
I rarely feel quite this frustrated at not having gotten a rosette!

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: May 22, 2022, 02:18:08 PM »
I was pipped at the post by PIPPIN.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: May 23, 2022, 05:45:16 AM »
I had to unpin my rosette because I didn't eat my penne.

Plenty of our cohort did get a rosette, though, by finding the necessary twenty-eight common words. 2dognight led off, followed by blackrockrose, Maudland, ozzyjack and ozzyjune.

Joining auntiemo as a rosetenear was dragonman.

Too short to make it to the almost-finished line were myself, RTT, yelnats and Jancsika.

Further back in the pack one could spot Roddles, vizal and Scouser1952.

Fifty-one words were required to preserve or acquire one's mavenhood. Dragonman exceeded all expectation, followed by myself and 2dognight.

One hopes that whatever kept RTT from doing the daily summary was of a happy nature.