Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130601 times)

TRex

• Eulexic
  • ~50 miles from Chicago, in the Corn (maize) Belt
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1500 on: May 14, 2022, 10:49:51 AM »
Agree on phantasy

Ngram viewer also agrees

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1501 on: May 14, 2022, 04:36:16 PM »
Only twenty common words needed today and we’ve got a bunch of 7beamers who have become rosetteers as a result with auntiemo leading us off and 2dognight, Roddles, rogue_mother, me, ozzyjack and ozzyjune following behind – good job!!! 👏👏👏 I got my final word by taking outcome, reversing the compound, comeout, finding that wasn’t allowed and then seeing comet therein… 😝😝😝

Missing by one and hence taking the runners up prize of rosettenear were yelnats and dragonman…

When the clock stopped, vizal and Maudland were sitting on eighteen commons and hence were two short to reach for a rosette!!!

One further back was Scouser1952 while one behind him was Jancsika… RL, blackrockrose and doxydaisy were MIA…

With thirty four words required for mavenhood, our efforts were not as good as yesterday with dragonman, rogue_mother and 2dognight all maintaining their mavenhoods from yesterday!!! 😎😎😎
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: May 14, 2022, 07:24:13 PM »
I couldn’t see the COMET from my TEEPEE - both words I’d usually find. Cue the 7beamers signal …

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: May 15, 2022, 11:56:50 AM »
Teepee was the last word I found for the rare rogue rosette.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1504 on: May 15, 2022, 02:21:41 PM »
Just four of our number were rosetteers today and, with a common word count of just twenty eight, you might have expected more but the centre letter B caused grief for everyone other than 2dognight, rogue_mother, doxydaisy and Roddles. Well done gang!!! 👏👏👏

Our sole rosettenear was dragonman who should be applauded as well for getting so close…

Next, on twenty six commons, were yelnats and Maudland who were two short by far to score a rosette…

Of course, being two short might be considered good if you’re three short, which was where we found Jancsika, me and ozzyjune!!! To my mind a BUMBLEBEE makes a better EMBLEM for the environment than IBISES - without bees the whole ecosystem collapses…

Twenty four was the score that saw auntiemo take the stage – I’m not sure why she took it, or where she would put it, but take it she did… 😉😉😉

Making their appearance on nineteen were vizal and Scouser1952 while ozzyjack could be found at fifteen… Unless I’ve missed someone that leaves two of us unaccounted for – blackrockrose (grandparent duty) and RL…

Mavenhood needed forty four words total to be found and our successful scavengers today were dragonman, doxydaisy and rogue_mother – well done… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: May 15, 2022, 05:20:07 PM »
The reason I took the stage was so that I could subsume the words bless, blesses and busbies into the category of words I've missed.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: May 15, 2022, 08:42:18 PM »
BILLIES...how frustrating when I got BILLIE...doh!!
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1507 on: May 16, 2022, 02:17:52 PM »
Just under forty common words (thirty seven for those counting 😊) and, of the three hundred and eighteen contestants, only fourteen rosettes – our rosetteers were auntiemo, dragonman, 2dognight and rogue_mother all did a good job of uncovering all the commons – well done!!! 👏👏👏

Leading off our rosettenears today was doxydaisy with Maudland, Roddles and me following on behind. If you think about it, it’s a bit ironical that, had I not got obese, I would have been two short!!! 😉😉😉 As it was, I got sisses and sassier but not SISSIES… Cue that “Doh!” moment…  :-R :-R :-R

Next, on thirty four, three off the pace could be found Jancsika while yelnats and ozzyjune were one further back…

Joining the party on an even thirty commons unearthed were blackrockrose (how’s grandma going?) and vizal while getting a big gooseberry for missing the plural form was Scouser1952 on twenty three!!! 😉😉😉 MIA were ozzyjack and RL…

Mavenhood was achieved by those who cleared the seventy four word bar and our two regulars were in evidence again today in rogue_mother and dragonman who also managed the double… 🎉🎉🎉

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: May 17, 2022, 10:21:54 AM »
152 people had more fun than me - I missed the ORGIES.

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #1509 on: May 17, 2022, 02:07:01 PM »
@ John/RTT

Grandma's going well, thanks. One more day of school runs and cooking dinner to go, then Grandma can go home and make room for Nanna to take over for the remainder of the week. I may even find time for today's 7bm!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1510 on: May 17, 2022, 02:17:50 PM »
Of the thirteen rosetteers overall today (from a panel of three hundred and thirty four contestants) our coterie managed three – not a bad representation IMHO! Congrats to doxydaisy, rogue_mother and Maudland for flying the flag in this forty eight common word puzzle!!! 👏👏👏

It seems the blokes could only manage rosettenears with vizal, Jancsika and Roddles all missing by that so small margin…

Meanwhile, yelnats, auntiemo and dragonman all fell short by two on forty six…

Next, on forty five and three off the pace were ozzyjune and me – I may not be the SWISHEST but I think I’m SWEETISH and I’m certainly WHITISH…

Scouser1952 was next on an even forty which is where our group’s efforts ended today – the high common word count probably scared off some of the other 7beamers…

The bar for mavenhood was set at seventy two words and clearing that were rogue_mother, doxydaisy and dragonman (just) with rogue_mother and doxydaisy also managing that double. Nice work!!! 😎😎😎

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: May 17, 2022, 03:10:54 PM »
I missed out on theistic. God help me.

Anyone else remember these? I used to love them when I was a kid.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1512 on: May 18, 2022, 02:50:33 PM »
Well, today’s thirty four common word puzzle seemed to be challenge for everyone, not just 7beamers with just 10 successful rosetteers. 2dognight deserves a hearty round of applause for being our sole member of this heady group!!! 👏👏👏

Being just one word short of a rosette is no mean feat either and doxydaisy gets a rosettenear for her efforts… 😝😝😝

Things start to heat up on thirty two with three of our number, Roddles, ozzyjune and rogue_mother, being two short to see their way clear to a rosette (or rosettenear)…

I was alone on thirty one by being not good enough to be two short!!! The one thing that will surely APPAL me is the SPLASHY ostentation of an ALPHA male…

One further back was dragonman, also alone, on thirty while vizal could be found on twenty nine…

Four of our coterie joined the fray on twenty seven, Maudland, auntiemo, blackrockrose and Jancsika beating off the likes of ozzyjack and yelnats on twenty six…

Scouser1952 could be found on twenty and RL was MIA which finishes off our efforts…

The bar was set high today with fifty six words needed to gain or maintain one’s mavenhood with rogue_mother and doxydaisy clearing that bar with alacrity… 😎😎😎

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: May 19, 2022, 05:19:54 AM »
Hats off to 2dognight! No rosette for me. I was looking a little palish and not able to salsa properly.

What's up with palish? Must be British, my spellchecker doesn't think it's a real word.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: May 19, 2022, 09:35:29 AM »
2dognight 👏🏻🏆

It was a stinker!