Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130590 times)

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1485 on: May 11, 2022, 02:29:43 PM »
Just giving you a heads up that my participation may be sporadic for the next week. I'm heading off to Sydney to be a helpful grandparent and monster-in-law mother-in-law during my son's absence on an overseas work trip.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: May 11, 2022, 03:27:49 PM »
I should have been keener to be bankable.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1487 on: May 11, 2022, 03:59:33 PM »
Just giving you a heads up that my participation may be sporadic for the next week. I'm heading off to Sydney to be a helpful grandparent and monster-in-law mother-in-law during my son's absence on an overseas work trip.

Thanks BRR - that will make sure I don't worry too much...  Lucky grandkids!!!  ;D ;D ;D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Scouser1952

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: May 11, 2022, 04:41:15 PM »
Couldn’t have been keener, could I?

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: May 12, 2022, 06:51:05 AM »
Thank you for your thoughts John. I'm ok.. just been flat out at work and too tired to play chi.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: May 12, 2022, 10:44:13 AM »
The baker did not have bankable profits, because her cookies were not breakable.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1491 on: May 12, 2022, 02:53:41 PM »
Today’s rosette requirement was twenty nine common words and auntiemo led off our rosetteers with 2dognight, dragonman, blackrockrose, doxydaisy and Roddles all rising to the occasion. Well done everyone!!! 👏👏👏

Just missing out by one common word were our rosettenears in Scouser1952, Jancsika, yelnats and ozzyjune – I wonder what word you missed (and how loudly you screamed when you saw what you missed!)…

Getting twenty seven words rewards you with being two short and Maudland, rogue_mother and vizal have that salutary joy…

Next cabs off the rank on twenty six common words unearthed were ozzyjack and me – three off the pace… I almost had a CORONARY when I stepped on the ACORN and fell over inside my ROOMY tent erected under the oak tree…

RL was again MIA so it’s on to the mavens…

You needed forty four words total for your mavenhood today and rogue_mother, dragonman and doxydaisy all maintained or regained theirs as a result of meeting or exceeding that goal – nice one!!! 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: May 12, 2022, 03:30:50 PM »
It was not roomy enough to contain my rancor at having misspelled raccoon.  I take back my muttered curses that surely racoon should be common.
Regards, Jack

Scouser1952

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: May 12, 2022, 05:19:58 PM »
Now that I’ve redecorated the apartment in rococo style I shouldn’t miss it again.

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: May 13, 2022, 01:46:26 AM »

Just missing out by one common word were our rosettenears in Scouser1952, Jancsika, yelnats and ozzyjune – I wonder what word you missed (and how loudly you screamed when you saw what you missed!)…

I didn't scream, but I did feel a bit of a tit...

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: May 13, 2022, 06:00:04 AM »
I could possibly write a clever sentence using both mammary and coronary, but this is as close as it's going to get lol. Keeping a tight grip on my mavenhood, that's for sure.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1496 on: May 13, 2022, 12:22:42 PM »
I just got the seed word for today's 7bm and...  >:( >:( >:(

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1497 on: May 13, 2022, 05:19:38 PM »
Well, I’m not happy with PHANTASY as a seed word!!! ☹☹☹ Having said that, I did get it and others did manage to get all twenty four necessary “common” words to earn a rosette. our rosetteers today were auntiemo, 2dognight, doxydaisy, blackrockrose and Maudland – well done all of you!!! 👏👏👏

That singular miss can ruin your day but a rosettenear is a consolation prize for rogue_mother, dragonman, Jancsika, ozzyjune and Roddles – I know what word you missed Roddles but what about the rest of you???

On twenty two “common” words found (is it showing that I don’t consider phantasy common?) and, as a result, two short could be found myself and yelnats (he also missed phantasy!) – by getting to the market late, all I could manage was a singular TATTY PAPAYA…

Joining the throng on nineteen was ozzyjack while vizal was three further back on sweet sixteen…

Scouser1952 could be found on eleven “commons”, again without the seed word and RL was MIA…

To become a maven today required the grand sum of twenty six words and 2dognight, doxydaisy, dragonman, rogue_mother, auntiemo, blackrockrose, Maudland, myself, ozzyjune and Roddles all had mavenhood bestowed upon them – that’s a pretty good hit rate for mavens amongst us!!! 😎😎😎

As for the double, auntiemo, 2dognight, doxydaisy, blackrockrose and Maudland all managed that grand achievement!!! 🎉🎉🎉

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: May 13, 2022, 07:25:58 PM »
it was a TATTY puzzle and I agree about PHANTASY, even though I got it
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: May 14, 2022, 07:27:28 AM »
It's difficult to assay the value of a rosette when I don't have one.

And may I add, the only reason I got the seed word was that I remembered a novel that I read in the late 60s or early 70s, Phantastes by George MacDonald. I would not consider phantasy to be a common word.