Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130591 times)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1470 on: May 08, 2022, 01:19:07 AM »
Friday, when many people are busy making plans for the weekend, the 7beamers were still at it, wracking their brains for that elusive last common. Doxydaisy and a certain rogue were able to sneak up on it, thus achieving rosettes.

Dragonman and Roddles were still on the hunt when time ran out, so they must be content with rosettenear status. 2Dognight, RTT, Maudland and ozzyjune could have been rosettenears but found themselves too short.

Other 7beamers spotted among the ranks were vizal, Jancsika, blackrockrose, auntiemo, yelnats and our newest 7beamer, Scouser1952. Special mention goes to ozzyjack, whose effort was concentrated on entering only the common seed words, an effort at which he was successful. Talk about economy of motion! After yesterday's brief appearance, RL vanished back into the ether.

Not thirty-nine steps but thirty-nine words were required to reach mavenhood. Successful climbers were doxydaisy, 2dognight, dragonman, RTT and myself. It was not lonely at the top.

RTT's week-long holiday is nearly over. We  hope he will come back refreshed and ready for action.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1471 on: May 08, 2022, 12:22:12 PM »
RTT's week-long holiday is nearly over. We  hope he will come back refreshed and ready for action.

In the immortal words of Arnie "I'm baaaack!!!"

My sojourn to East Gippsland in Victoria was a joy especially as the weather, which was supposed to be inclement for most of the time, turned out to be quite reasonable with even some sunny patches... We went away to celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary and, in that, I think we were successful...  ;D ;D ;D

So glad you took over the reins @rogue as trying to catch up on my return was a daunting prospect!!!  :o :o :o
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1472 on: May 08, 2022, 03:16:17 PM »
Well now, I’m back from my week’s sojourn and rogue_mother has been keeping you updated on things Chi – thanks rogue…
Today’s 7bm had a rosette target of forty five common words and we had three rosetteers in auntiemo, dragonman and doxydaisy – well done people!!! 👏👏👏

No rosettenears today but falling two short were rogue_mother and Roddles who take our diminutive award for the day…

The answer to life, the universe and everything comes easily to blackrockrose, ozzyjune and Maudland yet they were unable to find the answer to those last three common words – better luck next time!!!

Next was Jancsika on forty followed by 2dognight and me on thirty eight – seven off the pace… I was trying not to ENTANGLE myself in the ANTENNAE connected to the TV at the ANTENATAL classes. Meanwhile, the LEGATEE was GENTEELLY indulging in ENTENTE and trying to avoid any issues that may result in a TELLTALE lack of diplomatic prowess.

Joining the scrum on thirty six, we find yelnats while vizal and ozzyjack were next, and the final two of our 7beamers, on thirty two…

It was a challenging thing to get or maintain one’s mavenhood today with seventy five words necessary but, even so, our regulars, dragonman and rogue_mother were up to the task with doxydaisy coming very close. Also it needs to be said that dragonman managed the “double” – rosette and maven!!! Well done… 😎😎😎

Thanks again to rogue_mother for keeping the home fires burning in my absence...  :angel: :angel: :angel:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 12:14:22 PM by ridethetalk »
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: May 09, 2022, 12:33:04 PM »
Perhaps my mother read the dictionary to me when I was in my antenatal state, thus unleashing a latent talent for finding words. All the same, it wasn't enough to get a rosette.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1474 on: May 09, 2022, 02:27:46 PM »
Fifty nine common words for a rosette probably means our 7beamer crew will be somewhat reduced today and, of the three hundred and twenty eight competitors, only six were rosetteers and none of those were from our coterie… 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Our best showing was from rogue_mother who was four off the pace!!! Well done rogue on getting as close as you did…

One further back were yelnats and me on fifty four commons unearthed… Unless you are ASLEEP, the fact that my ALPACA has many ALIASES should APPAL you, as he is not that ESPECIAL…

Another word back were dragonman and Jancsika with ozzyjune a further word back on fifty two…

On forty nine, blackrockrose joins the scoreboard while vizal and ozzyjack (surprisingly, considering the number of common words needed!) could be found on forty eight…

Scouser1952 made his appearance with forty commons uncovered while auntiemo found thirty eight…

Roddles must have had an off day (or better things to do) as he managed only twenty six which is where we rule a line under our efforts…

The quest for a maven was a tough one today requiring one hundred and twenty four words, with only rogue_mother managing to maintain her mavenhood… A great effort under difficult circumstances, rogue!!! 👏👏👏

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: May 10, 2022, 10:01:21 AM »
Welcome back, RTT, and happy anniversary!

To be honest, I’m pretty impressed that you have an alpaca with any aliases - sounds pretty especially to me!  ;D

Now, if I could just find today’s blinking seed word!  ???

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: May 10, 2022, 01:02:46 PM »
It was not surprising that I did not get a rosette yesterday, but my preserved mavenhood was an indication of just how hard I was searching for it. In addition, I was relieving a modicum of stress. Between intermittent Chihuahua sessions today, I was not asleep at the switch. Rather, Rogue Father and I watched Rogue Daughter #1 marry her life partner. There was no literal walking down the aisle, no classical music. There was, however, classic Dudeism, as the officiant was a minister from the Church of the Latter-Day Dude, duly authorized by civil authorities to perform the marriage. Abide!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1477 on: May 10, 2022, 01:37:10 PM »
Sounds like it was probably a fun time had by all...

I'm surprised you managed to do any Chi at all!!! BTW. Congrats to all concerned...

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1478 on: May 10, 2022, 02:13:07 PM »
Today’s target of twenty four common words resulted in four 7beamers being rosetteers – 2dognight led the charge with Jancsika, dragonman and ozzyjune in hot pursuit – well done all!!! 👏👏👏

For those who didn’t quite make it, rosettenear will have to be your consolation prize and our rosettenears today are yelnats, rogue_mother, ozzyjack, me and Maudland (who must be living outside the papal envelope!)… I need an INLAY with words that tell me to try compound words backwards as I had tried layin (to my hit rate’s detriment!)…

I was glad to get cyclically and hence avoid being two short but, alas, the same cannot be said of vizal and auntiemo who are much diminished by being stuck on twenty two… 😉😉😉

Roddles and blackrockrose were tied on twenty one today – and I hope they’re celebrating appropriately… 🎉🎉🎉

Scouser1952 joined the party on eleven and that seems to be all for now as doxydaisy and RL didn't favour us with their presence…

Mavenhood required thirty five words total and a number of us managed to gain or renew theirs by leaping that bar: 2dognight, rogue_mother, me, dragonman and ozzyjune being those erudite competitors… Good job!!! 😎😎😎
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 03:00:09 PM by ridethetalk »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: May 10, 2022, 03:21:24 PM »
I will scourge myself without leniency.
Regards, Jack

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: May 10, 2022, 05:53:50 PM »
Me too, Jack. I also missed anally and I will not try to use those 2 words in the same sentence  :-R
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1481 on: May 10, 2022, 06:34:59 PM »
Me too, Jack. I also missed anally and I will not try to use those 2 words in the same sentence  :-R

:o :o :o :-P :-P :-P

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: May 11, 2022, 09:04:11 AM »

For those who didn’t quite make it, rosettenear will have to be your consolation prize and our rosettenears today are yelnats, rogue_mother, ozzyjack, me and Maudland (who must be living outside the papal envelope!)… I need an INLAY with words that tell me to try compound words backwards as I had tried layin (to my hit rate’s detriment!)

:-X My mother will never forgive me.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: May 11, 2022, 10:55:53 AM »
No pouring salt in the wound necessary for me today, cayenne is just as painful!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1484 on: May 11, 2022, 02:21:51 PM »
With a lowish total of twenty two common words the goal to acquire a rosette, it’s not surprising there were quite a few rosetteers in our coterie with successful bids from 2dognight, Jancsika, dragonman, Maudland, ozzyjune and me!!! Well done everyone… 👏👏👏

Missing out by one, Scouser1952 was the only rosettenear but there were a number who were two short (and that number was three 😉) with auntiemo, blackrockrose and ozzyjack all losing altitude as a result…

On nineteen, three off the pace, could be found rogue_mother whilst vizal and yelnats were one further back…

Our final contestant was Roddles who joined in on fourteen commons found – doxydaisy and RL were MIA again. If anyone is in contact with them, can they make sure they are OK please…

The bar for maven was thirty eight total words and clearing that bar and achieving mavenhood were dragonman (who had the answer to life, the universe and everything), 2dognight, rogue_mother and me with 2dognight and me managing that double… Nice job… 😎😎😎