Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130793 times)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1455 on: May 05, 2022, 08:53:46 AM »
I was too busy on a MARITIME expedition analysing the presence of TRITIUM to get a rosette.

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: May 05, 2022, 05:55:54 PM »
I was just too busy to keep looking for all those words!!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: May 06, 2022, 11:33:03 AM »
On the surface of it, yesterday's puzzle looked easy enough, but the doing told a different story. Appearances can be deceiving!

Doxydaisy, dragonman and Roddles were up to the challenge, achieving the rosette that the rest of us could only aspire to. Congratulations, rosetteers!

Blackrockrose and ozzyjune almost made it, missing by only one, earning the title of rosettenear. Many of us would have been satisfied to get even that close, especially 2dognight and ozzyjack, who were too short to qualify for that status.

Trailing the near-rosettenears were the vacationing RTT followed by yelnats, vizal, Jancsika and auntiemo. Oh, and a certain rogue who shall remain nameless.

Sixty-seven words were required to reach maven, and sad to say, not one of our number reached that number. Doxydaisy put in a fine effort but was still short by four.

What happened to that aforementioned rogue? She got into a disagreement with a smith, a veritable fetishist who swore up and down for the fiftieth time that he would only pay the tithe on the town smithies every fifth month.

Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: May 06, 2022, 02:22:40 PM »
Feeling like a bit of a dotard to have missed aorta.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1459 on: May 06, 2022, 03:15:52 PM »
I didn't have my heart in it and missed AORTA meanwhile I was out of RAPPORT with the HOTPOT which probably would have given me heartburn (though that may have helped me get the first word I missed!)...  :-R :-R :-R
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: May 06, 2022, 09:14:32 PM »
I must have been a miserable person because I had no rapport.
Regards, Jack

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: May 07, 2022, 01:21:19 AM »
With you on that one, Jack - now there’s irony!

Scouser1952

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: May 07, 2022, 02:33:31 AM »
Couldn’t find my tattoo!

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: May 07, 2022, 07:24:15 AM »
Couldn’t find my tattoo!

Tattoo or no, you are hereby inducted into the 7 by Many club and most welcome!

Scouser1952

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: May 07, 2022, 07:35:54 AM »
Thank you, but it is rare that I trouble the scoreboard.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: May 07, 2022, 07:56:43 AM »
Another smallish puzzle yesterday, only 25 words required for a rosette. Doxydaisy, 2dognight and blackrockrose were up to the task. Woman power at work!

Almost there, and therefore rosettenears, were Scouser1952, the newest 7beamer, along with Roddles, Maudland, ozzyjack and ozzyjune.

A few players failed to gain the stature of rosettenears -- they were too short. These were dragonman, Jancsika, auntiemo, and last and least, the rogue player.
I had too much difficulty establishing rapport with another dotard, in spite of our having so much in common.

To round out the pack we saw our own itinerate RTT and vizal, also a rare but welcome appearance by RL.

Forty words were required to gain or preserve one's mavenhood. Several players found this challenge to be surmountable: doxydaisy, dragonman, ozzyjack and myself.

I found it interesting that so many people were able to find the not-so-common big word, arthropod, more than one third of the players. I and many others even found the less common word before the common word, hardtop.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: May 07, 2022, 08:05:10 AM »

Not to worry. You have posted in our thread, which automatically makes you a member. Daily attendance is not required nor expected. You are welcome whenever you leap into the 7bm fray. You will have to practice the secret sign, though: Click on the solution button, slap your forehead, and shout "Doh!"

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: May 07, 2022, 08:23:39 AM »

Not to worry. You have posted in our thread, which automatically makes you a member. Daily attendance is not required nor expected. You are welcome whenever you leap into the 7bm fray. You will have to practice the secret sign, though: Click on the solution button, slap your forehead, and shout "Doh!"

Instantly recognisable! Expletives optional. Adding a tut marks you as a UK 7beamer.

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: May 07, 2022, 02:37:06 PM »
I had to laugh at the secret sign...so true! Not reporting on missing words for yesterday's puzzle, just saying I hate when life gets in the way of Chihuahua.

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: May 07, 2022, 09:53:47 PM »
LEFTIES were my downfall...never occurred to me to try it though I played LEFTIE
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else