Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 131102 times)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1410 on: April 25, 2022, 09:40:13 AM »
I unearthed TERRABYTE, which of course was not known, and didn’t think LATERALLY to come up with the correct spelling.  :-P :-P

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1411 on: April 25, 2022, 10:27:58 AM »
When I began programming computers over fifty(!) years ago, I never would have imagined such a thing as a terabyte. The first IBM 360 that I worked on had only 120 KB RAM, and the partition that I was allotted was 44 KB.
[spoken with a Yorkshire accent, of course!] haha, you was lucky, I'd have been glad to have the price of an IBM360, with no ram, or partition...

;D ;D ;D The four Yorkshiremen

While we're reminiscing, one of the first printed circuit boards I designed was a state-of-the-art eurocard sized [160mmx100mm] ram card with 16 kB of dynamic ram on board
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1412 on: April 25, 2022, 02:55:34 PM »
Oh, what a tough one… With the requirement of forty nine common words for a rosette we had not a single rosetteer in our gathering of 7beamers – there were only six in total out of three hundred and thirty six competitors!!! The closest we got were the efforts of dragonman and Roddles who were rosettenears… Well done you two for getting so close…  :-P :-P :-P

The next of our coterie to make an appearance was rogue_mother on forty six followed by doxydaisy, ozzyjune and blackrockrose on forty five…

Forty three commons brought Jancsika into the fold while I found the answer to life, the universe and everything – my POPPA was a member of the PARATROOPS who took to wearing a TOPCOAT whenever playing the TOCCATA which was his PASSPORT to building RAPPORT with his audience and invariably would be eating a carrot, being his TAPROOT of choice…

Joining us on forty was yelnats followed by auntiemo on thirty nine while vizal was five further back… It would seem that it took until twenty six words in that ozzyjack noticed the puzzle contained an excessive number of words and so he promptly left… RL meanwhile could be found on twenty one common words unearthed…

2dognight and Maudland were MIA…

A high bar of seventy seven words total would reward you with a maven and dragonman, doxydaisy and rogue_mother all managed to get their mavenhoods in order… 😎😎😎
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: April 26, 2022, 02:22:27 AM »
The paratroops wouldn't let me listen to the sportscast because I didn't have my passport. They couldn't touch my mavenhood, though lol
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Roddles

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: April 26, 2022, 06:29:40 AM »
It was a difficult one. But having patted myself on the back when I got apropos as my second last word I didn't hear the tattoo of applause that followed.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1415 on: April 26, 2022, 03:57:17 PM »
With four out of the thirteen rosettes attributable to 7beamers, I think we did quite well… Our rosetteers were doxydaisy, Maudland, ozzyjack and ozzyjune – well done on getting all forty common words!!! 👏👏👏

We also managed four rosettenears in 2dognight, dragonman, rogue_mother and Roddles – near enough was almost good enough…

Being two short has been a habit that has been hard to break for auntiemo and she’s back in the thick of things today…

On thirty seven commons to her name we find blackrockrose while two further back we find yelnats and vizal…

Jancsika is next on thirty four commons unearthed and I joined the party on thirty three – seven off the mark… A TSARIST, a SITARIST and a SARCASTIC SATIRIST going into a pub might ATTRACT some attention, especially if this were CIRCA 1900 and they had asked for a CASCARA tea!!!

Last but not least we find RL on four.

To achieve mavenhood today you needed to have rolled out eighty four words. Of those managing this, ozzyjack was the stand-out with 106 with rogue_mother and dragonman also keeping their mavenhood alive… 😎😎😎

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: April 26, 2022, 05:17:21 PM »
I'm sure to ATTRACT attention if  react to the CRISIS of being two short.....again!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: April 27, 2022, 06:44:12 AM »
I needed a truss to hold me together when I saw which word kept me from getting a rosette.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1418 on: April 27, 2022, 02:32:35 PM »
It seems that today we have another case of being easier to list those who didn’t get a rosette!!! Having said that, it would be wrong to not acknowledge the achievements of those who found all twenty one common words so here goes: leading off the efforts of our 7beamers was Jancsika followed closely be 2dognight, auntiemo, vizal, Maudland, Roddles, ozzyjune and ozzyjack – well done all eight of you!!! 👏👏👏

Rosettenears were also in good supply with blackrockrose, rogue_mother, yelnats and myself all missing by that single elusive word – if I’d taken the opportunity to look at the front of my car, I would have noticed the damage to the GRILLE…

RL joined doxydaisy and dragonman in being two short today – whilst being height-challenged, at least you’re in good company… 😉😉😉

To be a maven is a prized thing (unless you’re HJ!) so for rogue_mother, doxydaisy, dragonman, 2dognight, blackrockrose, RL, myself, auntiemo and vizal to all restore or renew their mavenhoods is a thing of wonder… 😎😎😎 Special mention also goes to yelnats and ozzyjack who missed by one…

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #1419 on: April 27, 2022, 03:44:05 PM »
Grille was the one that eluded me too, John.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1420 on: April 27, 2022, 05:02:14 PM »
With the advent of electric vehicles it may fall out of favour as they don't require them...

If you're not burning stuff, you don't need to get rid of that excess heat!!!

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: April 28, 2022, 01:32:52 AM »
My liege lord did not permit me to get a rosette yesterday.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1422 on: April 28, 2022, 03:49:31 PM »
Twenty one today, twenty one today… if truth be told, we’re all probably well beyond that!!! However, not all of us got that number of common words to score a rosette – those that did need congratulating and so, without further ado, our rosetteers for today are doxydaisy, dragonman, Roddles, Maudland, ozzyjack* and ozzyjune* – well done all… 👏👏👏

Rosettenears are blackrockrose, 2dognight and rogue_mother – you almost got there…

I had good company being two short with auntiemo and Jancsika - we all got stuck on nineteen common words unearthed… Lobe-finned fishes are mostly extinct bony fishes, BASALLY characterised by robust and stubby lobe fins containing a robust internal skeleton, cosmoid scales and internal nostrils and, being forerunners of land-based creatures, would probably not be found in the ABYSSAL depths... [Thanks Google] 😁😁😁

Next on seventeen were vizal and yelnats while RL rounded out our little tribe of wordsmiths on seven…

Thirty one words total credits you with mavenhood today and rogue_mother, blackrockrose, 2dognight, dragonman, doxydaisy, me, Roddles, yelnats, Maudland, auntiemo, vizal and ozzyjune all met that bar… Nice one everyone…😎😎😎 

*Updated to reflect ozzyjack and ozzyjune having achieved rosettes at the last moment (and my browser not reflecting that achievement)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 05:41:33 PM by ridethetalk »

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #1423 on: April 28, 2022, 05:07:28 PM »
This sillybilly (sorry, not known) tried sibyll but not sibyl, thus depriving herself of a rosette.

And I think ozzyjune and ozzyjack must have scored their rosettes at the last minute and you didn't notice, John.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 05:09:27 PM by blackrockrose »

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1424 on: April 28, 2022, 05:36:34 PM »
And I think ozzyjune and ozzyjack must have scored their rosettes at the last minute and you didn't notice, John.

I'll fix that now - for some reason the scores sometimes don't update properly - it may be something to do with my system...  :P :P :P