Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130631 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1380 on: April 18, 2022, 02:19:13 PM »
With just twenty common words needed for that rosette, we had several rosetteers stepping up for a share of the action. First cab off the rank was auntiemo, followed by dragonman, rogue_mother, Maudland, ozzyjune and Roddles… Well done all!!! 👏👏👏

Rosettenears were also in demand with yelnats, 2dognight, Jancsika, ozzyjack and me all madly scrambling for that final word to complete our rosettes – all to no avail… 😥😥😥 I was too busy admiring the ROCOCO architecture to find my final word…

After a grand effort yesterday, vizal fell two short today and seems to be the last of our coterie as doxydaisy, blackrockrose and RL are all MIA…

With thirty three words total needed for mavenhood, dragonman, rogue_mother, 2dognight and I all managed to scramble over that line with auntiemo, Roddles and ozzyjune just missing out!!! 😎😎😎
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: April 18, 2022, 02:23:20 PM »
two days ago I got a rosette, sadly it did not reoccur today.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1382 on: April 19, 2022, 02:58:32 PM »
Congratulations to our rosetteers dragonman and Roddles for finding all forty six common words 👏👏👏 – personally a couple of those words I might challenge about being common but, hey… 😮😮😮

We had the same number of rosettenears in 2dognight and doxydaisy – good effort both of you…

Meanwhile, being two short, was also ruled by the ‘twos’ with rogue_mother and Jancsika both being ‘de-elevated’ by scoring forty four common words…

The pattern continues with ozzyjune and I on forty three – had THEREAT been a HEATWAVE there would have been a reason for me to sit ATHWART the air conditioner; as it stands there wasn’t, so I didn’t…

The answer to life, the universe and everything breaks the pattern with three protagonists: auntiemo, vizal and yelnats…

Joining the pantheon on forty was ozzyjack while RL joined the fray on thirty six which is where we exhausted our efforts for the day. MIA were blackrockrose and Maudland – I trust they are well and simply chose not to participate…

With seventy words required for mavenhood, you might be surprised to learn we had five recipients with rogue_mother, doxydaisy, dragonman, 2dognight and I all clearing the mavenhood barrier… 😎😎😎
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: April 20, 2022, 07:37:54 AM »
No heatwave here at Inside the Beltway; temperatures have been in the single digits (Centigrade). Good sleeping weather, but not for me. The 7bm arrives right at midnight, so I am failing to produce enough theta waves.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: April 20, 2022, 02:03:35 PM »
I lacked the spice to get cassia and lacked the nerve to get sciatic.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1385 on: April 20, 2022, 02:25:09 PM »
Another reasonably high scoring game today that had a goal of forty seven common words to enable a rosette to be earned. Our sole rosetteer today was rogue_mother who was also one of only ten rosettes in total – well done rogue… 👏👏👏

On forty six common unearthed and hence rosettenears were yelnats, Roddles and ozzyjune – to have come all that way and missed by one is confounding…

The only people on forty five today were 7beamers and, being on forty five, meant they were just two short!!! Enjoy your diminutive status as best you can doxydaisy, 2dognight and ozzyjack… 😉😉😉

Forty four commons saw dragonman and I join the party while we find vizal one behind us… I may not be a CLASSICIST but I have an INSTINCT that that pain in my leg may be related to my SCIATIC nerve…

Finding the answer to life, the universe and everything were Jancsika and auntiemo which is where we draw a line under our efforts today with RL, blackrockrose and Maudland all MIA… 😥😥😥

Mavenhood today was managed by dragonman and doxydaisy and this required the finding of at least seventy six words… 😎😎😎

Interesting to note that both ozzyjack and I had sciatica but not sciatic - the mind is a truly weird thing!!! 🤣🤣🤣

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: April 20, 2022, 02:36:37 PM »
Truly weird indeed...scintillant but missed scintilla, satanical but failed to play satanic and slant but not aslant....and totally missed still and stall.
It's JUST a game!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #1387 on: April 20, 2022, 02:36:52 PM »
And I was missing the instinct for the game.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: April 21, 2022, 07:02:01 AM »
Kudos to yesterday's mavens. Sadly I was unable to preserve my mavenhood. If I hadn't been struck by an assailant at the last minute, I wouldn't even have had my rosette.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: April 21, 2022, 08:20:58 AM »
Too tired at the mo for these longer puzzles. V impressed by the 7beamers’ stamina!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1390 on: April 21, 2022, 02:24:11 PM »
Well, the plagued puzzle didn’t for four of our 7beamers even though forty eight common words were needed by our rosetteers rogue_mother, dragonman, Roddles and ozzyjune – well done all of you!!! 👏👏👏

We had the same number of rosettenears in auntiemo, yelnats, doxydaisy and me who almost managed the requisite total – better luck next time… For me, the time bell PEALED before I got that last word…

Jancsika was two short as was the time needed to get all the common words, it would seem…

Joining the pack on forty four was vizal who appears to be the last one to do so – only ten 7beamers today!!!

Mavenhood was attained by doxydaisy, dragonman and auntiemo and rogue_mother, Roddles and ozzyjune who all managed the double – well done… 😎😎😎

I missed both rosette and maven by one – dang and double dang!!! BTW. Did anyone else try PEGLEG???

PS. Just started today's and Jancsika already has a rosette!!! 👏👏👏🏵️🏵️🏵️
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 02:26:05 PM by ridethetalk »

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: April 21, 2022, 02:41:36 PM »
I allowed the rosette to be pulled out of my grasp!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1392 on: April 21, 2022, 02:50:30 PM »
PS. Just started today's and Jancsika already has a rosette!!! 👏👏👏🏵️🏵️🏵️

...and he did it with just one uncommon word in the mix!!! (His self-imposed restriction...)

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: April 21, 2022, 04:04:00 PM »
This game had me pegged. And yes I also tried pegleg!

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #1394 on: April 21, 2022, 04:28:13 PM »
I missed paella. As a vegetarian not one on my regular list.