Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 131523 times)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1350 on: April 11, 2022, 08:38:34 AM »
Oh, that’s too frustrating, RM!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1351 on: April 11, 2022, 10:59:18 AM »
A conundrum. Having found some efficiencies in my own search process, I nevertheless could not identify the inefficiencies.

Efficiency is my 'bag', as can be seen from my tagline but it seems that my concentration on efficiencies has led to me having a blind spot to inefficiencies - go figure!!!  :-R :-R :-R
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1352 on: April 11, 2022, 02:25:46 PM »
It seems that, even when there are as many as sixty one common words required for a rosette, we can rely on doxydaisy to come through – she was one of only ten rosetteers amongst over three hundred and twenty competitors. Well done Anne!!! 👏👏👏

Our next best 7beamer was auntiemo on fifty seven, four off the pace, followed one further back by Jancsika and rogue_mother…

Meanwhile, on fifty four and seven from the mark, yelnats and I joined the throng – I am SOMEONE who strives to avoid MEANNESS, endeavours to be SERENE, to be in ONENESS with the universe, yet sometimes this REASONER will find a cause of such RARENESS that it will ENSNARE me and bring forth actions that polite society might deem extreme – action on climate change is one such cause…

Completing the 7beamer efforts for today was vizal, sitting on fifty two commons excavated and blackrockrose on forty six…

Again we can rely on rogue_mother to maintain her mavenhood and today she was the sole 7beamer to do so!!! Nice one, r_m… 😎😎😎

Here's hoping we see more of the 7beamers participate in the next puzzle...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: April 11, 2022, 07:37:53 PM »
Assess, assesses and assessor.....but not asses. I also missed erase and eraser and sonar. I'm totally convinced that there is no logical explanation!!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: April 12, 2022, 07:57:42 AM »
I was full of remorse for not getting anywhere close to a rosette on yesterday's puzzle. I have to reassess this nonsense! Of course, anyone who reassesses their performance during a monsoon is bound to get their brains wet. It's a good thing for my wounded pride that I preserved my mavenhood, at least.

Congrats to doxydaisy on her rosette! A fine performance while the rest of us were floundering.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 08:00:57 AM by rogue_mother »
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: April 12, 2022, 10:18:39 AM »
Yes, well done doxydaisy! 👏🏻👏🏻
Also, thank you RM and John for your superb wrangling of your missing words!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1356 on: April 12, 2022, 03:00:55 PM »
What a difference a day makes – with twenty three common words the goal for a rosette, our rosetteers were headed off by 2dognight followed by auntiemo, doxydaisy, Roddles and Maudland. a great effort by all!!! 👏👏👏

Jancsika, rogue_mother and ozzyjune almost made the grade with fine rosettenear status but, when it all boils down, near enough is not good enough (but it is better than me) 😉😉😉

None of our mob were two short today but I was three off the pace on a round twenty common words found – and I’m just a TIPSY TYPIST who’s not in TIPTOP condition…

Next came vizal on nineteen followed by yelnats on seventeen. I’m not sure what’s happened to dragonman, ozzyjack, blackrockrose and RL but I hope they rejoin the fray soon…

Mavenhood was achieved today by doxydaisy, 2dognight and (surprise, surprise) rogue_mother – well done for getting the requisite forty four words to garner a maven… 😎😎😎

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: April 13, 2022, 02:58:01 AM »
I sometimes have to work hard to avoid being prissy, but when it's needed for a rosette is not the time.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1358 on: April 13, 2022, 02:25:38 PM »
A tough fifty five common word contest that saw just seven rosettes in total and none from our coterie – the best effort was achieved by doxydaisy with a rosettenear on fifty four. I wonder if a good riffle of the pages of a dictionary might have made a difference??? Well done, anyway, for being the stand-out from our company… 👏👏👏

Roddles has the indignity today of being two short – what a come-downance… 😉😉😉

Next, on fifty one commons exposed, four off the mark, were Jancsika, rogue_mother and I – I was so busy I was forced to RIFFLE through my BRIEFS looking for the sole occurrence of IBISES in a SERIF font and, as a result, I missed the grammatical errors that were much more abundant…

On an even half century were yelnats and vizal followed a further ten back by auntiemo – these high scoring games can be a challenge!!!

Our next 7beamer was ozzyjune on thirty one while RL made a welcome return with thirty…

There were many abstainers today with 2dognight, blackrockrose, ozzyjack and Maudland all missing from the board…

Mavens were more abundant today with doxydaisy, rogue_mother and I all gaining or regaining our mavenhood… 😎😎😎

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: April 13, 2022, 03:28:37 PM »
Just like to say....I allowed myself to be "distracted" by 2 of the other challenges in my everyday life....family and sewing ( patchwork and quilting).
Now that I have looked at the solution, I realise I should have stuck with it!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: April 13, 2022, 06:05:21 PM »
I missed briefs... brrr! The plurals get me every time!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 08:43:22 PM by doxydaisy »

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1361 on: April 13, 2022, 09:37:57 PM »
I missed briefs... brrr! The plurals get me every time!

Lacking briefs Anne??? It's a wonder your mavenhood is intact...  ;) ;) ;) :angel: :angel: :angel: :-R :-R :-R

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: April 13, 2022, 10:40:51 PM »
Bats in my belfries this time around, for sure. How else could I have briefer and briefless, but not brief and briefs?! There's no freebie rosette in this game.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1363 on: April 14, 2022, 12:26:43 AM »
Bats in my belfries this time around, for sure. How else could I have briefer and briefless, but not brief and briefs?! There's no freebie rosette in this game.

Et tu r_m, no briefs yet you still keep your mavenhood - however do you do it???  ??? ??? ??? :-R :-R :-R :angel: :angel: :angel:

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1364 on: April 14, 2022, 03:35:36 PM »
Again doxydaisy stars in the rosette stakes by finding the answer to life, the universe and everything!!! Well done on uncovering all forty two common words – the only one of our assemblage to achieve that and one of only eleven people in total to do so… 👏👏👏

Scoring forty one commons and hence a rosettenear, rogue_mother was next cab off the rank followed by Roddles and dragonman on forty which makes them two short which may suit them if they are trying to fly under the radar… 😉😉😉

Joining the pack on thirty eight was auntiemo just beating me on thirty seven – it seems the COLONEL didn’t have the INTELLECT to be LENIENT enough to ENTITLE his subordinates with enough time for their TOILETTE which resulted in severe cases of dysentery…

Sneaking in on a creditable thirty six were yelnats and Jancsika while Maudland was two further back on thirty four – eight off the pace…

Making an appearance on thirty two was vizal with ozzyjune on twenty two with this achieved while en route back to Redlands…

Eight two words was the bar set for a maven and rogue_mother again didn’t disappoint – well done rogue… 😎😎😎