Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130764 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1335 on: April 07, 2022, 02:30:08 PM »
I expect that, with a high common word count of sixty two, we will see fewer of our cohort competing. For those that have, here are the results of this challenging game: of the three hundred and forty four competitors, only nine managed rosettes and, unfortunately, none of our cohort were amongst them. Our best effort came from Roddles who must now be kicking himself for missing that last word!!! Well done on a hard fought rosettenear anyway Rod… 👏👏👏

Jancsika and doxydaisy were next on sixty common words unearthed yet by managing that they both became two short…

One behind them was rogue_mother on fifty nine while on fifty six commons uncovered we find blackrockrose, auntiemo and I – as a PEERESS amongst PEERESSES, the PRIORESS sent XEROXES of her plans to use EPOXIES to strengthen the bond between all the PRIORIES under her jurisdiction…

Next, on fifty five commons revealed, came yelnats whilst vizal could be found on fifty one…

Unless I missed seeing someone, that appears to be it for today in the battle for rosettes…

The requirements for mavenhood were equally challenging with one hundred and one words total needed for this level of achievement yet we still had rogue_mother and doxydaisy rising to the challenge!!! 😎😎😎
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Roddles

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: April 08, 2022, 07:17:49 AM »
It's those xeroxes that I'd like to kick!

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: April 08, 2022, 09:54:17 AM »
I submitted a pile of xeroxes of my genealogy to the peeresses, hoping that they might also admit me as a peeress, but they did not.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1338 on: April 08, 2022, 02:43:17 PM »
Twenty seven words doesn’t sound that difficult to achieve, does it? Well, our rosetteers auntiemo, 2dognight, doxydaisy, yelnats, Roddles and Maudland would probably agree – at least inasmuch that they managed to find them all!!! Whether it was difficult or not, they deserve applause… 👏👏👏

Rosettenears were awarded to ozzyjune, rogue_mother and me – we came close but I for one couldn’t INFILL that last word… Close but no cigar…

Jancsika was next on twenty five which makes him two short of excuses as to why he didn’t do better… 😉😉😉

On nineteen common words exhumed we find ozzyjack (who I hope is enjoying a relatively rain free journey) while four words further back vizal makes an appearance…

Unless I’ve not been seeing straight (and that’s a definite possibility) that appears to be the extent of our coterie’s machinations…

Forty words required today to become a maven and 2dognight and rogue_mother both achieved mavenhood with 2dognight also getting the ‘double’ – nicely done… 😎😎😎
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #1339 on: April 08, 2022, 03:01:32 PM »
That was a strange one,. About 7 off the pace when I was going to bed when I thought clinic so...al, ...ally, ...ian followed in a flash. Then sometime after the light was turned off before I got to sleep, cynic, ...al, ...ally followed. Will I remember when I wake up or should I do it now? Anyway,  I did remember when I woke up and niacin which I generally miss came to me sometime during the night.  So a rosette for the first time in weeks.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1340 on: April 08, 2022, 03:28:02 PM »
Well done Stan - I should pay more attention to those instances where people don't often score rosettes (I am one of them but I'm only too aware of how I do... :angel:)
The clinic/cynic words were great, weren't they...  ;D ;D ;D

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: April 09, 2022, 05:16:44 AM »
Sometimes I feel that I'm still in my infancy when I fail to get a rosette because I missed a word I know well.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1342 on: April 09, 2022, 02:11:43 PM »
Well, fifty eight common words!!! Little chance of getting a full house competing in this one…
Of the over three hundred and thirty competitors, there were only a dozen rosettes and only one from our cadre – Roddles the rosetteer!!! 😎😎😎

The next best we could manage were a number of rosettenears in doxydaisy, rogue_mother and me!!! Not a bad effort and it will be interesting to see if there was any commonality in the common word missed… FWIW I was bamboozled by BAMBOO…

The time was two short to enable yelnats and blackrockrose to score a rosette – better luck next time… [My bad; it's been brought to my attention that yelnats and blackrockrose were in fact three off the pace!!!]

Jancsika was next in our company on fifty three commons followed by vizal on forty nine then auntiemo on thirty eight…

Again, 109 words for a maven score was a tough hill to climb but we did have a team member with her mavenhood intact – well done rogue_mother… 👏👏👏
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 11:18:30 AM by ridethetalk »

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: April 09, 2022, 04:31:45 PM »
Amber, barroom, rearm.

I was 3 off the pace. I'm probably more at home in the ballroom than the barroom, and being colour blind I will forgive myself Amber.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: April 10, 2022, 06:49:29 AM »
Maybe if I'd pulled on my earlobe more, I might've gotten a rosette.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1345 on: April 10, 2022, 02:53:00 PM »
Well done yelnats for your well earned rosette and, as one of only a dozen recipients in total and the only rosetteer in our gang, you deserve a special mention!!! 👏👏👏

Doing almost as well, with nineteen common words extracted from the seven seed letters, were blackrockrose and rogue_mother – that final word will etch itself into your consciousnesses I am sure…

Being two short today, on eighteen, we find 2dognight, doxydaisy, Maudland and I and I think life is too short to be two short – we’ll just have to do better next time… Perhaps an AFFIANCE with other members of my household will address the INEFFICIENCIES of achieving a rosette…

Roddles managed seventeen common words exhumed followed one further back by auntiemo, Jancsika and ozzyjune…

Joining the crowd on fifteen was vizal  and, if my eyes don’t deceive me, closes off our coterie’s attempts…

Joining, and beating, our most consistent maven, doxydaisy recovered her mavenhood and simultaneously found the answer to life, the universe and everything while rogue_mother just squeaked in on the requisite thirty seven words total… 😎😎😎

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: April 10, 2022, 04:20:13 PM »
If it hadn't been for the discussion of finis last week I wouldn't have made it.

And I saw niacin again even though I couldn't use it!

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: April 10, 2022, 09:43:53 PM »
If I’d looked for longer, would I have spotted EFFICIENCIES? But then, it would have resulted in INEFFICIENCIES so what’s a person to do?

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #1348 on: April 10, 2022, 10:03:45 PM »
Managed to find fiance and fiancee, but missed affiance. :-P

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: April 11, 2022, 04:30:33 AM »
If I’d looked for longer, would I have spotted EFFICIENCIES? But then, it would have resulted in INEFFICIENCIES so what’s a person to do?

A conundrum. Having found some efficiencies in my own search process, I nevertheless could not identify the inefficiencies.