Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130656 times)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1320 on: April 03, 2022, 12:58:57 AM »
Well, I missed usurious...no excuses! I also missed truss, trust and tortuous....knew them, just didn't see them.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: April 03, 2022, 10:01:04 AM »
The rosette definitely helps mitigate my loss of mavenhood. Tortuous was the last word I found. It took me a while to find it, even after I already had tortious and torturous.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1322 on: April 03, 2022, 02:48:20 PM »
Well, we did twice as well today as we did yesterday! I am, of course, not using the ‘royal’ we as without the efforts of our rosetteers, doxydaisy and rogue_mother, we would have been bereft of a rosette – well done both of you for finding all fifty seven elusive common words!!! 👏👏👏

None of our number managed a rosettenear and Roddles was the only member of our troupe who was two short!!!

Meanwhile, on fifty three common words – four off the pace – were ozzyjune and yelnats while vizal was one further back from them…

Together with Jancsika, I managed fifty one extracted common words – from within the SCARCEST RECESSES of the CASCARA tree, I had SCARCE found a SCARCER RECESS than the one containing the remnants of my frazzled brain…

Joining our merry band on an even fifty was auntiemo while dragonman clocked in on twenty six to complete the efforts of our cadre today as, it seems to me, everyone else was put off by the high word count needed…

The high word count was also reflected in the eighty three words total needed for a maven score and our rosetteers also managed to regain their mavenhoods – well done again on a double well achieved… 😎😎😎
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1323 on: April 04, 2022, 02:36:59 PM »
Thirty seven common words (that prime number I’ve written about before) https://theforum.lexigame.com/index.php?topic=4474.msg73043;topicseen#msg73043 gets you a rosette in today’s irruption/printout puzzle and today the sole rosetteer was my own good self – I almost didn’t make it until I managed to PINPOINT my final common word…

Rosettenears were awarded to doxydaisy, Maudland and rogue_mother who only just missed out on the ultimate prize…

Meanwhile, Roddles is making a habit of being two short and he was again alone in his compactness… 😉😉😉

One further back on thirty four were ozzyjune and Jancsika – three off the mark – while auntiemo joined the gang on thirty two…

Next, on twenty nine, was vizal and then came yelnats on twenty eight – nine off the pace…

Making his appearance on twenty two was dragonman and then there was a big gap to blackrockrose on six – no sign of ozzyjack or RL and I get the feeling there is someone else I’m missing… …ah, yes, 2dognight also appears to be MIA!

Meanwhile, mavenhood is achieved if you were able to uncover at least sixty words all up and doxydaisy and rogue_mother both maintained their hard won mavenhoods from yesterday – what a great effort!!! 👏👏👏
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: April 05, 2022, 08:45:47 AM »
Well played, John! You OUTPOINTed everyone in the common word stakes. 👏🏻👏🏻

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: April 05, 2022, 11:25:25 AM »
Well done, RTT! My own disappointment in failing to achieve a rosette is scarcely in proportion to my relief in preserving my mavenhood.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1326 on: April 05, 2022, 02:30:49 PM »
Today’s puzzle was somewhat mankier for me but others managed to find all thirty eight common words and achieve the reward of a rosette and dragonman, doxydaisy, rogue_mother and Roddles are our rosetteers – well done all!!! 👏👏👏

2dognight returned to the fray today with a rosettenear and was joined there by ozzyjune! Sitting on thirty six commons were Jancsika, myself and Maudland who all ended up being two short to see all those common words – I am in search of a spaghetti MARINARA but I may not find it until MANANA…

Three words further back we find yelnats lurking while ozzyjack was close behind him on thirty two…

Thirty one commons found saw auntiemo, vizal and blackrockrose join the fray and that seems to account for all the 7beamers participating today…

With sixty five words total for a maven, I was surprised to see four of our coterie present themselves for mavenhood. Well done rogue_mother, dragonman, doxydaisy and 2dognight!!! 😎😎😎

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: April 06, 2022, 06:44:45 AM »
Good on you, all you rosetteers! I found mine pinned to the chest of a manikin.

Of possible interest is one of the less common words that I found, merkin. RTT, I hope you found it, too, based on this post from a few years ago ;)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1328 on: April 06, 2022, 10:41:15 AM »
Of possible interest is one of the less common words that I found, merkin. RTT, I hope you found it, too, based on this post from a few years ago ;)

Funny you should say that rm, I did, indeed, find merkin in amongst the letters yesterday and still have to admit I haven't used it in general conversation...  :o :o :o

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: April 06, 2022, 11:16:30 AM »
Oh how I wish I knew how to post pics from my phone - to drop in an introduction to Merkins Farm camping and tearoom …

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: April 06, 2022, 02:39:09 PM »
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1331 on: April 06, 2022, 03:27:18 PM »
lol Jack - I'd rather be at Merkins???  :-R :-R :-R

A low word count day today with just twenty four common words needed to achieve that elusive (for some of us) rosette – our rosetteers did well to get them all and dragonman, 2dognight, auntiemo, rogue_mother, doxydaisy, Roddles and ozzyjune should be congratulated… 👏👏👏

Jancsika, Maudland and ozzyjack almost joined them but will have to make do with a rosettenear…

At three off the pace, yelnats, blackrockrose and I were the next cabs off the rank with vizal two behind us on nineteen… I have become quite ROTUND of late as I’ve been keeping to my COCOON recently probably because my hair is still UNCUT and I don’t want to be seen looking dishevelled...

I think that accounts for all the 7beamers who competed in this puzzle.

The bar for mavenhood was set at thirty four words total and doxydaisy, dragonman, rogue_mother, 2dognight, auntiemo and Roddles all cleared that bar 😎😎😎 – ozzyjune and I missed by a solitary word but being best is not being maven… 😉😉😉

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #1332 on: April 06, 2022, 04:17:34 PM »
I seem to have lost a page from my cerebral dictionary...

cocoon, concoct, concord...

which I have regularly found previously.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: April 07, 2022, 03:52:46 AM »
I took shelter in my cocoon, and that's where I found my rosette!

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: April 07, 2022, 09:02:41 AM »

Thank you, Jack - exactly this! Apparently their full English (not a euphemism) is very highly rated. 🤠