Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130605 times)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1305 on: March 30, 2022, 03:31:59 PM »
Short again...cos of my short attention span!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #1306 on: March 30, 2022, 06:05:10 PM »
8 off the pace with bitterer, bolero, booboo, bootee (had bootie), brill (common outside UK?), libretti, titbit and trilobite.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: March 30, 2022, 09:25:51 PM »
Missed so many silly ones - beetle, biter, booboo, libretti and trilobite - think that’s all of them.

Nice use of the interrobang, John!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1308 on: March 30, 2022, 09:40:42 PM »
Nice use of the interrobang, John!

Thanks Madeleine - I aim to please...

...and it seemed appropriate!!!  ;D ;D ;D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: March 31, 2022, 07:23:18 AM »
Made a BOOBOO not getting LIBELLER
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: March 31, 2022, 12:44:04 PM »
Shaking my head, not my bootie! It took me years to realize and remember that bootee is a real word, and then I forgot to enter bootie, the word I already knew.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: March 31, 2022, 03:28:43 PM »
I missed hearer, heehawed and whirr. I tried heehaw...not common, so I didn't bother trying the past tense.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1312 on: March 31, 2022, 03:41:20 PM »
2dognight, you’re a star (and you got a rosette as well!!!) – all thirty seven common words!!! Nice work…⭐🏵️

Rosettenears totalled thirty six common words and dragonman, ozzyjune and ozzyjack achieved this mark without a cigar…

Roddles was next on thirty five which makes him two short today while auntiemo, Maudland and rogue_mother were one further back…

Tied on thirty two were blackrockrose, vizal and Jancsika whilst yelnats and I were likewise tied on thirty one – I discovered HEARER just after the gong which should have made me HEADIER had I not been such a REDHEADED AIRHEAD. Meanwhile my WIREHAIR had DIARRHEA which caused me (and him) no end of discomfort…

MIA today were doxydaisy and RL…

Meanwhile, four dozen words total awarded you with mavenhood and ozzyjack was a standout on sixty four and fifth overall on the scoreboard!!!; others achieving this target were 2dognight, Roddles, dragonman, ozzyjune, rogue_mother and auntiemo with Maudland just missing out… 👏👏👏 Of course, it deserves saying that 2dognight scored the double…

I missed hearer, heehawed and whirr. I tried heehaw...not common, so I didn't bother trying the past tense.

I have more to say on this in my upcoming "Words" post...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: April 01, 2022, 08:07:05 AM »
I was as puzzled by the word wirehair as the dog was by the whirr of the cicada that whirred near its water dish. I have no doubt that there are people who refer to a wire-haired terrier as a wirehair, but I don't know any of them.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: April 01, 2022, 08:48:46 AM »
The ass HEEHAWED; the WIREHAIR had DIARRHEA. I am very childish.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1315 on: April 01, 2022, 11:23:57 AM »
The ass HEEHAWED; the WIREHAIR had DIARRHEA. I am very childish.

If you'd got just one of those (I pick heehawed as I wouldn't wish diarrhea on anyone) you'd have regained your mavenhood!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: April 01, 2022, 01:28:51 PM »
I was pleased that I didn't have American Diarrhea.  If I was going to have anything like that I would prefer English Diarrhoea
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1317 on: April 01, 2022, 03:11:01 PM »
Was I the only one who was surprised that fustian was a common word??? Having got that off my chest, thirty two (one) common words needed today for a rosette and rogue_mother, Roddles and I unearthed all the necessary words to become rosetteers… 😎😎😎

A handful of us fell short by the merest of margins and had to make do with a rosettenear. They were dragonman, Maudland, ozzyjune, ozzyjack and auntiemo – close, but no cigar…

2dognight and doxydaisy must be down on their knees begging for those final words – I know this because they both seem to be two short… 😊😊😊

There’s a gap to Jancsika on twenty seven with blackrockrose just one behind him. Another word back (on twenty five commons) we find yelnats while vizal joins the crew on twenty four…

RL seems to be MIA again so that covers all the 7beamers…

Half a century was needed to achieve mavenhood and dragonman, ozzyjack and rogue_mother exceeded that mark – well done all!!! 👏👏👏
…and doxydaisy deserves a mention as she fell just one word short of mavenhood but, as they say, you’ve either got your mavenhood or you haven’t…  ;D ;D ;D

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: April 02, 2022, 10:51:59 AM »
Well done on getting the double, RM.

I’m more likely to get a rosette than restore my mavenhood, but neither today, again. Too busy watching FANTASIA.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1319 on: April 02, 2022, 03:34:38 PM »
Not a lot of joy to be had from today’s illustrious puzzle unless, of course, you happen to be rogue_mother!!! She earned one of the ten rosettes out of 339 players and our only rosetteer… Well done rogue on unearthing all twenty three common words!!! 👏👏👏

Almost getting there, and probably kicking themselves now on the one word they missed, are our rosettenears in vizal, dragonman, doxydaisy and ozzyjune – great effort nonetheless…

Being two short is something Jancsika, blackrockrose, Roddles and Maudland are now coming to terms with  :-R :-R :-R while 2dognight was three off the pace on twenty…

Tied on nineteen commons extracted were auntiemo and yelnats and two behind them could be found ozzyjack…

I had an off day with only fifteen commons exhumed – I went out walking with my LORIS when I came upon a USURIOUS TOURIST who was demanding that, in order to earn the equivalent of a simple RISOTTO, the SOLOIST sit in a TORTUOUS LOTUS position while performing. This, to me, would have been RIOTOUS had the aforesaid soloist not been an adept…

And THAT seems to be the extent of our cadre’s efforts as not a single one of us managed to maintain our mavenhood!!!  >:D >:D >:D The closest we came was doxydaisy and rogue_mother who both fell six words short of the level needed!!!