Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129510 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1290 on: March 27, 2022, 10:30:06 PM »
I wannabe dictator so I could make use of words like wannabe a capital crime.
Regards, Jack

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: March 28, 2022, 06:14:26 AM »
I tried to warble along with a rosette warbler, but it was disturbed by my attempt and flew away.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Roddles

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: March 28, 2022, 07:34:40 AM »
I think I wannabe better next time.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1293 on: March 28, 2022, 10:41:35 AM »
I was surprised, I've got to admit, when wannabe came up as common...  :o :o :o
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: March 28, 2022, 11:42:37 AM »
I rarely see anneal but I would normally get rawer. Oh well, I'll always be too short, so I'll happily settle on two short.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1295 on: March 28, 2022, 12:00:30 PM »
I rarely see anneal but I would normally get rawer. Oh well, I'll always be too short, so I'll happily settle on two short.

Surely too short is a relative thing...  :angel: :angel: :angel:

(Probably because you get it from your relatives...  >:D >:D >:D)
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1296 on: March 28, 2022, 03:21:46 PM »
Rosettes required a person unearth all thirty two common words today and the rosetteers who achieved this task were dragonman, Maudland, ozzyjune and, after a late run, me!!!  (at 6 minutes to the hour I was in danger of being two short but I managed to reroute my brain in order to find reoccur) Well done us!!! 👏👏👏

Rosettenears missing that final word were 2dognight, doxydaisy, Roddles, rogue_mother and ozzyjack – no cigar maybe but a rosettenear is nothing to sneeze at…

Stuck on two short (again and proudly so it would seem) was auntiemo while one further back was Jancsika…

Joining the fray on twenty eight was vizal (four off the pace) and three behind him we find yelnats…

On a creditable twenty four we find blackrockrose while, making a welcome return to the fray, we find that RL joins us again…

Mavenhood comes easy to the likes of rogue_mother, doxydaisy, ozzyjack, dragonman and auntiemo it would seem – some have maintained theirs whilst others have renewed their mavenhoods – good efforts all around… 😎😎😎
Scoring that elusive double (rosetteers and maven) was dragonman… 😮😮😮

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: March 28, 2022, 03:35:23 PM »
Curio and truer were my missing words.

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: March 28, 2022, 06:12:00 PM »
I missed cuter. Sometimes the most basic words elude me :-R

2dognight

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: March 28, 2022, 07:36:49 PM »
 Couture was missed by  me :-R :-R

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1300 on: March 28, 2022, 07:44:53 PM »
Couture was missed by  me :-R :-R

Sometimes it pays to check out the meanings of words e.g. couturier... :-R :-R :-R

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: March 29, 2022, 04:13:50 AM »
I found my missing word between the time the puzzle closed and when I looked at the solution. Guess I was not cut out to be a rosetteer this time, because my missing word was cutout.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1302 on: March 29, 2022, 04:38:05 PM »
Thirty common words – not so tough you might think, but with a ‘U’ as the compulsory letter the job just got harder… Nonetheless, rosetteers aplenty there were with 2dognight, blackrockrose, Maudland, rogue_mother, Roddles, doxydaisy and myself all earning themselves that ephemeral rosette. Good effort all!!! 👏👏👏

With just one word unrevealed, rosettenear status was vested in dragonman…

auntiemo has the honour again to be two short – this is getting to be a habit, Moyra…

On three off the mark and twenty seven commons bared were ozzyjune and vizal while two further back Jancsika made an appearance and two further behind him yelnats joined the party…

ozzyjack and RL were MIA today…

Your search for a maven today would lead you to the answer to life, the universe and everything (or better) and the standout overachievers today were: doxydaisy, auntiemo, rogue_mother, dragonman, me, blackrockrose and ozzyjune with many of these scoring the “double” – well done everyone… 😎😎😎

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: March 29, 2022, 06:19:28 PM »
It really is a bad habit....this time I missed truer and rutty. Apparently I'm stuck in the rut!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1304 on: March 30, 2022, 03:17:29 PM »
Over three hundred and fifty participated in this challenging 7bm game which needed forty four common words for a rosette. Only six people in total managed that and none were from our coterie of 7beamers. The closest we got were rosettenears from rogue_mother and Roddles – well done the two of you for getting so close (without the cigar!)…

Achieving the answer to life, the universe and everything but finding themselves two short in the process were dragonman and blackrockrose…

Next to join the throng was doxydaisy on forty followed by myself on thirty nine – after dancing the BOLERO, I was feeling BLOTTO rather than BRILL so I put on my BOOTEEs, got out my LIBRETTI and proceeded to educate myself in the finer aspects of opera…

Maudland was next on thirty eight whilst Jancsika was one further back from her and also one in front of ozzyjune <edit> and yelnats (who I failed to see for some reason‽‽‽) <end edit>…

On thirty two vizal joined the party with RL close behind him on thirty one… Next came auntiemo on twenty seven and that seems to complete the efforts of our group who decided to attempt this difficult puzzle…

Three quarters of a century was the cut-off point for mavenhood. Of the 7beamers, rogue_mother, dragonman and I rose to the occasion and were rewarded… 👏👏👏
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 06:17:47 PM by ridethetalk »