Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130749 times)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1275 on: March 25, 2022, 09:38:50 AM »
My FLATMATE was American, and concentrated on making  OATMEAL to block out the same MELEE, RM.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1276 on: March 25, 2022, 10:06:00 AM »
My flatmate was British, so I didn't hear his footfall in the melee.
My FLATMATE was American, and concentrated on making  OATMEAL to block out the same MELEE, RM.

Trans-Atlantic biffo in the making???  ;D ;D ;D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1277 on: March 25, 2022, 04:09:42 PM »
Well, today was ozzyjune’s day to shine as she was one of the six people out of 346 players to find all thirty eight common words and get a rosette and our sole rosetteer… Well done, June!!! 👏👏👏

We had no rosettenears, but doxydaisy, rogue_mother, Roddles, Maudland and 2dognight all came up two short – though ‘up’ may be the wrong word to use as they were two short… 😉😉😉

Avoiding that ignoble prize were dragonman, ozzyjack and I who were all three off the mark… SOMETIMES I wonder if I’ll ever work out the semantics of SEMIOTIC but that apparently won’t be SOMETIME soon… ☹☹☹

One further back, on thirty four, were blackrockrose and auntiemo and two further back from them was Jancsika…

Next was yelnats on thirty one and vizal came in on twenty eight…

Eighty seven words for maven was a bridge too far for any of our 7beamers today with the best effort coming from rogue_mother on seventy three and dragonman on seventy so it would seem that mavenhood has been wrested from everyone!!!  >:D >:D >:D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #1278 on: March 25, 2022, 07:37:01 PM »
I find it comic that I can miss sometimes while getting sometime, and miss the cosmic motet while getting cosmos.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: March 25, 2022, 10:59:41 PM »

I had hoped to point out that flatmate was a British word, not really known in my neck of the woods, but that doesn't seem to have worked out the way I intended.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: March 25, 2022, 11:22:20 PM »
I sometimes wonder where my brain is when I'm playing Chihuahua; it's a sometime absentee. Unbelievably, I actually considered entering sometime but said to myself, "No, I don't have the right letters." Doh!

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: March 26, 2022, 10:44:35 AM »

I had hoped to point out that flatmate was a British word, not really known in my neck of the woods, but that doesn't seem to have worked out the way I intended.

I did get that, RM - was trying to do the same thing, because I think of oatmeal as the US version of porridge! I know you say apartment rather than flat - but what would a flatmate be??

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: March 26, 2022, 10:46:10 AM »
I have the same missing words as RM, again, but didn’t even consider sometime anytime…

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: March 26, 2022, 10:48:01 AM »

Biffo is definitely from another part of the world to mine! Does it involve biffing??

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: March 26, 2022, 01:39:39 PM »

I did get that, RM - was trying to do the same thing, because I think of oatmeal as the US version of porridge! I know you say apartment rather than flat - but what would a flatmate be??

So sorry I missed your point. I was completely unaware that oatmeal might be mostly an American word. As for flatmate, in the States we would more typically say roommate, unless you're renting a house. Then we would say housemate.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1285 on: March 26, 2022, 02:58:40 PM »

Biffo is definitely from another part of the world to mine! Does it involve biffing??

Well, aren't I a d#$khead; I totally missed the suggestion that flatmate was British AND the reference to oatmeal as American and, as for biffo, Madelaine, yes, it's a trans-tasman (AU/NZ) word for brawling...  :-[ :-[ :-[

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1286 on: March 26, 2022, 03:43:22 PM »
It would seem like ozzyjack’s dislike for high common word totals has a basis in fact as the forty four words needed for a rosette produced just twelve rosetteers out of three hundred and twenty five starters and just one (Maudland) from our coterie – well done Madelaine… 👏👏👏

Rosettenears were no better with doxydaisy our sole contender today whilst the two short brigade of Roddles and ozzyjune did a little better – get it little/two short; I hate it when I have to explain… 😝😝😝 At least they found the answer to life, the universe and everything…

On forty one, three off the pace, were yelnats and rogue_mother while one further back were dragonman and ozzyjack…

Thirty nine commons found blackrockrose joining the throng while I got onto the scoreboard at thirty seven… I blame the fact that my MARMOT had MALARIA and that the MALARIAL infection meant that, instead of performing an ORATORIO, I ate a TORTILLA while checking out the ARMORIAL IMITATOR for a bogus coat of arms…  :-P :-P :-P

Next, on thirty five, was vizal whilst Jancsika was one further back on thirty four which is where we draw a line under today’s 7beamers…

Regaining her mavenhood was rogue_mother with a score of ninety words – three more than that required to achieve a renewal – well done rogue… 😎😎😎

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: March 27, 2022, 05:05:07 AM »
I found a restaurant in the littoral zone, but their tortilla tasted like mortar.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1288 on: March 27, 2022, 04:11:13 PM »
Acquiring all forty five common words were our two rosetteers, doxydaisy and Maudland – well done ladies!!! 👏👏👏

Twice as many 7beamers attained rosettenears with those being blackrockrose, Roddles, ozzyjune and ozzyjack – I wonder what word prevented you getting the rosette???

Next, on forty three commons exposed, were four 7beamers: rogue_mother, dragonman, I and auntiemo were the hapless players who were two short of getting a rosette – if I had gone to the BARBER before I stepped into the ARENA, I too would have earned a rosette – as it was, I will have to make do with being two short for that!!!

Clocking in on an even forty was vizal followed a further word back by yelnats and Jancsika. That appears to be all our efforts accounted for as we await Lisa’s return…

Mavenhood was achieved by rogue_mother, ozzyjack and dragonman with ozzyjune missing out by the merest of margins on seventy seven – bad luck June and well done you others!!! 😎😎😎

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #1289 on: March 27, 2022, 05:28:48 PM »
Arena for me too, John.