Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 131068 times)

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1230 on: March 16, 2022, 02:05:13 AM »
If I had been ABLER I would have got BLABBER which would have been a LEVELLER
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: March 16, 2022, 06:11:12 AM »
Happy to have my mavenhood restored. The last common I found for my rosette was blabber, a troublesome word for a few of our 7beamers.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1232 on: March 16, 2022, 03:48:38 PM »
Only twenty common words needed for 7beamers to become rosetteers and 2dognight, doxydaisy, dragonman, auntiemo, ozzyjune, Maudland, rogue_mother, myself and Roddles all got there – well done!!! 😎😎😎

With so many rosetteers, there weren’t many left to score rosettenears but Jancsika and ozzyjack still managed to get within a hair’s breadth of the ultimate prize… Well done also…

Going down fighting (but going down nonetheless) was blackrockrose on eighteen common words liberated which made her two short while yelnats and vizal could be found two further back on sweet sixteen…

Meanwhile, RL got a shrubbery, not a big shrubbery but a nice shrubbery and not too expensive. Unfortunately, Lisa forgot that when you have found the shrubbery, you must place it here beside this shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get the two-level effect with a little path running down the middle… 🤣🤣🤣

The bar to clear for mavenhood was twenty eight words total and scaling it with alacrity were me, rogue_mother, Roddles, dragonman, 2dognight and doxydaisy with every one of us also getting a rosette – quite an achievement!!! 👏👏👏
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: March 17, 2022, 05:58:55 AM »
When yesterday's puzzle came up, I had serious doubts about my ability to do well. I was struggling, for sure, and I saw that my fellow 7beamers were doing quite well. I very nearly got lost in the hubbub, but I pulled it out in the end. Whew!

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: March 17, 2022, 10:57:57 AM »
Six 7beamers getting the double - achievement indeed! 👏🏻🙌🏻👏🏻

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: March 17, 2022, 03:33:14 PM »
Who knew that  I could be described as arcane ? :-P
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: March 17, 2022, 03:41:53 PM »
I can nary believe I missed canary.  It has turned me into a crybaby.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1237 on: March 17, 2022, 06:28:39 PM »
Just got back from an energy audit site visit so here we go for today’s CRANBERRY puzzle which had twenty four common words to its name. …and our rosetteers are: 2dognight, dragonman, Roddles and Maudland – well done all of you!!! 👏👏👏

…and missing by the merest of margins were blackrockrose, auntiemo, ozzyjune, myself, doxydaisy and rogue_mother who all manage rosettenears instead… My rosette was prevented by a CANARY in the coalmine…

Today’s diminutives were vizal and ozzyjack who, by virtue of being two short, need to sit back and take a happy pill… 😉😉😉

Jancsika missed out on that particular dishonour by being three off the pace on twenty one common words exposed while yelnats was three further back from him on eighteen and RL was MIA…

Mavenhood was set at forty four words total and was achieved by rogue_mother, doxydaisy, dragonman ozzyjack 2dognight and myself so, well done us!!! 😎😎😎
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: March 18, 2022, 01:49:26 AM »
I missed my rosette because a cabby took me for a ride. The real culprit, though, was myself. I also played a My Puzzles game that had cabby among its solution set, and apparently when I was doing the 7bm I thought I had already played that word.

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: March 18, 2022, 03:30:09 AM »
I'm off to bonny Scotland for a break tomorrow so my input is going to be sporadic for a couple of weeks.
I will not have the time to play so it is probable that my run of Mavens will come to a dead stop, I think I have 54 though I stand ready to be corrected.

Keep having fun.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: March 18, 2022, 09:02:45 AM »
WOW, Dragonman, that’s extraordinary! Congratulations on that impressive run.

Have a wonderful time in Scotland.

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: March 18, 2022, 09:32:29 AM »
thank you but I should point out not all of them were accompanied with a rosette, prob not even half.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: March 18, 2022, 10:27:20 AM »
I think it’s impressive to get Maven once in a row, Dragonman, let alone with a rosette!  :D

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1243 on: March 18, 2022, 11:54:12 AM »
I think it’s impressive to get Maven once in a row, Dragonman, let alone with a rosette!  :D

Indeed!!! I'm happy with either...  ;D ;D ;D

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1244 on: March 18, 2022, 04:30:51 PM »
Well, our target for a rosette today was thirty four common words and those that managed to unearth them all were doxydaisy, rogue_mother, dragonman and ozzyjune*. All I can say is you must have had your alternative spelling hats on!!! Well done rosetteers all… 👏👏👏

Maudland was our sole rosettenear – it will be intriguing to discover her lone omission…

We have three contestants in the two short competition today with 2dognight, Jancsika and Roddles all succeeding in this dubious endeavour…

Missing by three (on thirty one commons found) was auntiemo while vizal and I were one further back on an even thirty… As a figure of RENOWN, I FORESWORE spelling without the ‘E’ so, as a result, I was missing FORSWORE and FORSWORN… Doh!!!

On thirty we find ozzyjack* while, with twenty nine revealed, was yelnats followed one further back by blackrockrose* on twenty eight… RL was again MIA.

It’s worth noting that, out of the eight rosettes awarded, four of them belong to 7beamers with over three hundred and fifty players making the attempt…

Meanwhile, mavenhood was granted to all our rosetteers amongst the 7beamers (bar ozzyjune*) as well as ozzyjack* – awesome achievement people!!! 👏👏👏😎😎😎

*Note that these have been updated as, for some reason, my scoreboard didn't reflect the final numbers...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 08:27:34 PM by ridethetalk »