Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130645 times)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1215 on: March 13, 2022, 11:34:31 AM »
SASSAFRAS sounds like something Muttley would say.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1216 on: March 13, 2022, 12:49:02 PM »
SASSAFRAS sounds like something Muttley would say.

...as in "suffering sassafras"...  ;D ;D ;D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1217 on: March 13, 2022, 03:38:26 PM »
Today’s target was thirty common words to be awarded a rosette and our rosetteers (blackrockrose, 2dognight, doxydaisy, dragonman, rogue_mother, Roddles, ozzyjune and ozzyjack) didn’t disappoint… Well done everyone!!! 👏👏👏

Maudland missed by the merest of margins to score a rosettenear – close but no cigar. What word let you down Madeleine???

The only one of our crew to be in the two short category today was vizal – I wonder what you’ll be when you grow up, Alan??? 😉😉😉

Jancsika and I managed to avoid that fate by missing by three!!! I forgot my SUNSCREEN so at RECESS I had to keep to the shady RECESSES of our home…

Next, on twenty six commons found, was yelnats whilst auntiemo was two further back on twenty four…

RL was nowhere to be found so must be taking a sabbatical…

Leading off the rush for mavenhood today was rogue_mother followed by ozzyjack, myself, blackrockrose, dragonman and 2dognight – that’s quite a restoration there!!! 🤣🤣🤣
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: March 14, 2022, 12:54:50 AM »
 Cor, that’s a good number of rosetteers and mavenhoods! Well done, everybody!

I hadn’t paid enough interest, so the USURER held back my chance of a rosette.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: March 14, 2022, 01:55:24 PM »
As it happens, usurer was the last common I found.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: March 14, 2022, 03:06:57 PM »
Duh...got basilica but not silica
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1221 on: March 14, 2022, 03:18:37 PM »
Of the sixteen people who scored rosettes today, five were from our little coterie of 7beamers – well done to our rosetteers: 2dognight, dragonman, doxydaisy, Maudland and rogue_mother!!! Give yourselves a collective pat on the back… 👏👏👏

We also had two rosettenears who, on thirty one common words found, were only one word short of that rosette, so well done to vizal and auntiemo…

Next in line were those who, by virtue of being two short, could not see their way to getting either a rosette or a rosettenear: Jancsika, Roddles and I were today’s recipients of this dubious honour… Personally I spell CALLUS as callous so, on that BASIS, I will award myself an honorary rosettenear – so there!!! 😌😌😌

Three words off the pace, on twenty nine commons found, were yelnats and blackrockrose while ozzyjune was one further back on twenty eight and then there was a big gap to ozzyjack on ten common words… RL was again MIA…

Retaining his mavenhood was dragonman but rogue_mother has again lost hers – I wonder how long before she restores it… 😉😉😉 Well done Gareth…  😎😎😎

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: March 14, 2022, 03:30:56 PM »
I missed plethora - that means a lot to me. Among the few I got, I did have the usual classic alibi and I didn't need an abacus to count them.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 03:37:55 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: March 15, 2022, 09:18:40 AM »
When I started yesterday's puzzle, I despaired of achieving anything, so I was happy to get the rosette, even without my mavenhood. The last common word I found was basil, preceded by basal, I seem to recall.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: March 15, 2022, 12:54:20 PM »
My last was CALLUS and that pretty much sums up that puzzle!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1225 on: March 15, 2022, 03:53:58 PM »
At forty seven common words needed for a rosette, I was surprised to see we had five rosetteers especially as one of them was ozzyjack – if you’re going say you’re not going to do puzzles with over forty common words, you need to stick to it!!! (How else am I going to do better than you in the overall standings??? 😉😉😉) Our happy rosetteers were rogue_mother, Roddles, Maudland, ozzyjune and, of course, ozzyjack… Well done all!!! 👏👏👏

Our not so happy but still accomplished rosettenear was doxydaisy whilst it was the turn of yelnats and Jancsika to be two short – we all know what they’re upset about but there’s no need to take it out on us!!! 😮😮😮

On forty four commons uncovered and three off the pace were dragonman and vizal while one further back we find blackrockrose…

I was next on forty one (six off the pace) – I could have done better, and I don’t want to BLABBER, but missing out on REVELER was a LEVELER for me and if I’d been a young bug I might have found LARVA, LARVAE and LARVAL!!! It’s difficult finding a way to put those three words into a sentence you’d use in normal conversation!

We had some non-starters, probably because of the high word count, but they’ll hopefully be back today!!!

Well, it took only a day for rogue_mother to restore her mavenhood by getting at least seventy three words total and she was joined there by dragonman and doxydaisy – nice!!! 😎😎😎

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: March 15, 2022, 04:00:16 PM »
I could blabber about missing vernal and larva....but I won't.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1227 on: March 15, 2022, 04:32:34 PM »
I could blabber about missing vernal and larva....but I won't.

So, let me get this straight, you got larvae and larval but not larva... DOH!!!  :-R :-R :-R

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: March 15, 2022, 06:12:08 PM »
Can't believe I missed level ... DOH!!

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: March 15, 2022, 10:18:15 PM »
Yes....you're absolutely right about me and my larva!