Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129543 times)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1185 on: March 06, 2022, 04:31:05 AM »
Losing my mavenhood was a blow to my self esteem, as was looking in the mirror and failing to see a svelte figure.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1186 on: March 06, 2022, 03:22:30 PM »
So, dragonman and Roddles are our stand-outs today having both achieved rosetteer status by finding all forty one common words – well done both of you!!! 👏👏👏

Rosettenears were slightly more plentiful with auntiemo, rogue_mother, doxydaisy and I all missing by the narrowest of margins – had it not been for achieving my peerage I would have been two short but, as it was, I missed by a MEAGER margin…

Maudland and ozzyjune were left floundering on thirty nine commons discovered which did make them two short which is probably quite deflating in itself considering how close they got…

A further word back was yelnats with no-one to keep him company while ozzyjack was in the same position a further word back from him on thirty seven!!!

They’re coming in in dribs and drabs as vizal found thirty two, Jancsika thirty one and RL got started but was probably called away by “proper” work almost immediately and blackrockrose and 2dognight were MIA… ☹

We had three mavenhoods either restored or maintained with doxydaisy, rogue_mother and dragonman all finding at least ninety three words in total – good work… 😎😎😎 See, rogue_mother, it was only temporary...  :D :D :D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 10:30:50 AM by ridethetalk »
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: March 06, 2022, 04:14:21 PM »
I can only AGREE with RTT's comments on yesterday's puzzle.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: March 07, 2022, 11:25:26 AM »
No wonder I was deflated - lacking AER(IE)  and the AMPERAGE to pump up my brain …  :-P
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 12:36:39 PM by Maudland »

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1189 on: March 07, 2022, 03:29:28 PM »
Fourteen rosettes out of three hundred and fifty odd players made for a challenging puzzle and our rosetteers, dragonman, Roddles and doxydaisy, rose to that challenge with all fifty two common words found!!! 👏👏👏

No rosettenears but ozzyjune, unlike her other half who is, apparently, 180cm, was two short… 😉😉😉

Avoiding that indignity was rogue_mother on forty nine whilst vizal and Maudland were one further back on forty eight…

I was next one forty three, nine off the pace, and, had I been a fun-guy, I might have found MOREL but I was too into drinking MERLOT from a STEMLESS glass to notice that on the TREELESS plain some people were trying to RESETTLE after winning the LOTTO. They will also need to RETOOL the organ they brought with them as its TREMELO is the LOOSEST I have ever heard… (My impetus to get a rosette is produced by not having to go through that kind of thing…)  :-P :-P :-P

Finding the answer to life, the universe and everything were yelnats and Jancsika while auntiemo was a further two behind them on forty…

RL and blackrockrose came in on thirty six commons, sixteen off the pace which they probably don’t think of as sweet…

After finding the seed word alone, ozzyjack decided to cut and run…  >:D

Mavenhood required eighty six words which rogue_mother managed with aplomb while dragonman just scraped home with the required total…  ;D ;D ;D

I'm sorry that my original post neglected to mention that 2dognight was a non-starter - I notice that Carol is active in other puzzles so, hopefully, we see her return soon...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 10:28:45 AM by ridethetalk »
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: March 08, 2022, 06:49:08 AM »
Sitting on my treeless patio and drinking wine from a stemless glass, I listened to the tremolo of some nearby flute music, wistfully wishing for a rosette.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1191 on: March 08, 2022, 03:40:32 PM »
Another high score, this time sixty common words, made for a challenging puzzle. With only ten out of three hundred and fifty seven players scoring a rosette, rogue_mother should be congratulated for her well deserved rosette!!! 👏👏👏

Jancsika and doxydaisy did almost as well in getting their rosettenears while the next best 7beamers were dragonman and blackrockrose on four off the pace (fifty six commons)…

On fifty four commons found (a further two back from HJ and doxy) were ozzyjune and I – it may be HARSH for me to go down to the SEASHORE simply to try to catch a glimpse of a SEAHORSE but it’s probably HARSHER for someone who REASSESSES the need for me to do so and REHASHES the desirability for me to simply keep to myself!!!

One behind us was yelnats on fifty three while ozzyjack was next on forty six – I was surprised he stuck around so long; maybe the weather in his neck of the woods prevented him from getting out and doing other things… 🤔🤔🤔

A further two back, on forty four, was vizal. 2dognight and RL (and Maudland) were MIA today… 🤔🤔🤔

Four of us regained or retained our mavenhoods with rogue_mother, doxydaisy, me and dragonman all getting at least ninety nine words which was the required level today… 😎😎😎 

I'm sure I've missed someone but my old faculties can't figure out who...  ??? ??? ???

I was right! On thirty eight common words found was auntiemo - I'll slink away now, with my tail between my legs...  :-[ :-[ :-[

I had no excuse for missing auntiemo; it's more difficult when the person was MIA - sorry Madeleine...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 02:47:07 PM by ridethetalk »

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: March 08, 2022, 03:49:11 PM »
ME....you missed me...you just didn't look far enough down the list to find me...I just gave up and retreated to my sewing room! I might do the same today, too.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: March 08, 2022, 04:14:40 PM »
I was so amused at the seed word that I had found 10 words before I had a look to see how many words were needed.  I won’t make the same mistake today.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1194 on: March 08, 2022, 05:16:04 PM »
ME....you missed me...you just didn't look far enough down the list to find me...I just gave up and retreated to my sewing room! I might do the same today, too.

So sorry auntiemo - I've got a bad feeling there's someone else as well... I'll find out how many words you found and update the original list!

On today's 7bm: how come everyone else has the three common seed words but I can't even find one???  :-P :-P :-P

;D ;D ;D Just got one - now for the other two...

Got them all... Phew!!!  8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 09:01:08 PM by ridethetalk »

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: March 09, 2022, 11:31:54 AM »

So sorry auntiemo - I've got a bad feeling there's someone else as well... I'll find out how many words you found and update the original list!

You missed me, too, John! I’m sitting tonight out too … Congrats all you rosetteers and maven mob! 👏🏻

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1196 on: March 09, 2022, 03:32:35 PM »
Another high score game with sixty one common words to be found for a rosette. Of the three hundred and fifty six players, only seven managed to get all sixty one common words!!! None of our group found them all but we did have a couple of rosettenears with doxydaisy and rogue_mother getting within smelling distance of victory!!! Well done!!! 😎😎😎

No-one was two short from our company but auntiemo and dragonman found fifty eight commons putting them three words short… Jancsika was next on fifty six while blackrockrose and ozzyjune were one further back on fifty five…

I managed fifty four, missing seven common words… As SOMEONE who considers himself SENSUOUS (sorry if this offends your MORES) I had to RERUN my SENSUOUSNESS by the MERMEN who I consider to be accurate arbiters of this state of being. Of course, in order to do this, I needed to issue SUMMONSES for them to appear in the court of public opinion…

Playing tag team on forty nine commons were yelnats and vizal while Roddles came in on thirty seven… 2dognight found two of the three common seed words before calling it a day and Maudland, RL and ozzyjack all found the prospect of finding sixty one common words too much to bear and so were MIA…

Our only mavens were, you guessed it, rogue_mother and dragonman – well done both of you for maintaining your mavenhoods by finding at least one hundred and fifteen words total!!!👏👏👏

I think I got us all but apologies in advance if I missed you...

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #1197 on: March 09, 2022, 04:08:52 PM »
John, I think we can all absolve you from having to apologise for missing any of us in your much-appreciated commentary, especially since some of us go unpredictably MIA on frequent occasions.

If we get missed, tough luck. You'll pick us up next time.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1198 on: March 09, 2022, 04:19:30 PM »
Just a "heads-up" everyone: I'll be MIA until the evening tomorrow so my rundown will be delayed.  :o :o :o

I'm helping a friend bottle up his 2022 vintage of shiraz/shiraz-cabernet - I've been doing this for a few years now and manage to score a couple of bottles for my trouble but it's more about the joy of helping a friend...  :angel: :angel: :angel:

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: March 10, 2022, 04:07:12 AM »
When I saw that I had missed a rosette, I flopped face first into my mousse.