Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129536 times)

Roddles

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1170 on: March 03, 2022, 07:52:11 AM »
Messieurs et Madames,
I would like to join the queue for demotion. Although I wouldn't argue that monsieur should be demoted.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: March 03, 2022, 08:42:52 AM »
I’m an honorary rosetteer too…

I speak French too and often have to bat words away, like you say blackrockrose. But not that one!!

Bah. Down with messieurs!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1172 on: March 03, 2022, 12:44:08 PM »
Welcome to the honorarium Roddles and Maudland...

Messieurs et Madames,
I would like to join the queue for demotion. Although I wouldn't argue that monsieur should be demoted.

In my request to Alan I made mention of monsieur (amongst other words); you can find it here:

MESSIEURS – may I suggest this be changed to rare – there may be an argument to be made for having MONSIEUR as a common word but I don’t believe the plural form fits the definition. I am willing to be convinced otherwise but there would need to be a good reason…
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1173 on: March 03, 2022, 04:18:40 PM »
A rosette today was worth twenty one common words and a large handful of 7beamers (6) became rosetteers with 2dognight leading off blackrockrose, dragonman, doxydaisy, Roddles and Maudland – well done all… 😎😎😎

Only one off the mark and scoring a rosettenear for their efforts were yelnats, rogue_mother and ozzyjune – so close, and yet, so far…

It was vizal and ozzyjack’s turn to be two short today but they shouldn’t go too far down in our estimation – nineteen common words is nothing to scoff at…

At three off the pace were myself, auntiemo and Jancsika – one TITBIT from events of the past week is that we should all be trying harder to make BARBARITY a RARITY…

Still no sign of RL so Lisa is probably too busy at present…

A high bar of thirty eight words needed for mavenhood today with only 2dognight, dragonman and rogue_mother managing to clear it – nice job!!! 👏👏👏 2dognight and dragonman got the daily double of rosette and maven!!!
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #1174 on: March 03, 2022, 05:11:52 PM »
I was just a titbit off a rosette.

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: March 03, 2022, 10:47:22 PM »
The 3 words I missed....barbarity, rarity and bratty. 2 out of 3 match with RTT.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1176 on: March 03, 2022, 10:57:27 PM »
The 3 words I missed....barbarity, rarity and bratty. 2 out of 3 match with RTT.

...and now you're channelling Meatloaf...  ;D ;D ;D

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: March 04, 2022, 01:16:49 AM »
I suffered the barbarity of missing a tibia.
Regards, Jack

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: March 04, 2022, 09:35:44 AM »
Missed my rosette. Now that was a barbarity!
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1179 on: March 04, 2022, 11:44:18 AM »
I suffered the barbarity of missing a tibia.

That's gotta hurt!!!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1180 on: March 04, 2022, 03:17:52 PM »
Well done doxydaisy for being our only rosetteer today – fine work – you uncovered all twenty seven common words!!! 😎😎😎

Just missing that rosette but achieving the rosettenear for their troubles were 2dognight, dragonman and Maudland – nice work…

I joined rogue_mother, Roddles and ozzyjune in being two short today and feel lesser for it even though I am in good company. 😉😉😉

Next in line, on twenty four common words found, were blackrockrose and yelnats while ozzyjack found twenty three and Jancsika found twenty two…

RL re-joined the fray today and uncovered nineteen commons and had company with auntiemo. Welcome back Lisa…

Rounding out our crew of 7beamers was vizal on sweet sixteen…

A grand total of forty words or more credited you with a maven and dragonman, ozzyjack and (just scraping in on 40) rogue_mother all achieved mavenhood!!! 👏👏👏

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: March 04, 2022, 03:28:31 PM »
If I were a puppet, someone might have pulled my strings to find pupae and peseta but I would never have consented to be taken upstate.
Regards, Jack

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: March 05, 2022, 10:30:50 AM »
I looked for my rosette and couldn't find it anywhere. I should have looked on the steppe upstate.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1183 on: March 05, 2022, 03:30:46 PM »
Only twenty one common words today necessary to achieve a rosette and we had quite a number of rosetteers as a result (not me however ☹) led off by doxydaisy and followed by dragonman, yelnats, Roddles, Maudland, ozzyjune and ozzyjack – they should be very pleased with THEMSELVES!!! 👏👏👏

Hungarian John (Jancsika) was joined by RL as rosettenear which must give Lisa a fillip – that virgin rosette mustn’t be far off now!!!

Whilst we had more members sitting on two short – with 2dognight, rogue_mother and vizal being those reductionists – had they been standing, it may have been more obvious that they were two short!!! 😁😁😁

On three off the pace was… …me and, I’m not an entomologist but, on close inspection of the TSETSE, I couldn’t believe how VELVET its TESTES were!!! 🤣🤣🤣 That’s probably not an image you wanted in your mind but, hey, I’m the one writing this…

On fifteen commons was auntiemo* and on fourteen commons was blackrockrose and I can understand her not getting the seed word – I got help on that one from my better half…

As for mavenhoods, they were slim on the ground today with dragonman being our only recipient today – well done Gareth!!! 😎😎😎

*Sorry auntiemo for missing you from the post initially, I must have blinked as I passed through the fifteens...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 05:55:32 PM by ridethetalk »

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: March 05, 2022, 04:00:05 PM »
I could blame the weather for my lacklustre performance of the past 2 days....or just admit that I was lacking commitment.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia