Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130935 times)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1155 on: March 01, 2022, 08:50:02 AM »
I didn't have mastitis, and I couldn't amass enough enough words to preserve my mavenhood. Something's amiss!
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1156 on: March 01, 2022, 03:20:25 PM »
Another low number of words necessary for a rosette has brought our rosetteers out in droves led off by 2dognight; doxydaisy, rogue_mother, dragonman, Roddles, ozzyjune, blackrockrose, Maudland, myself and auntiemo (just beating the bell!) followed along behind by obtaining all twenty four common words – nice job all!!! strange to say INEQUITY was my first “I” word and INIQUITY was my last word in this puzzle… 😎😎😎

Our sole rosettenear amongst our crew was ozzyjack who was working to the very end – it will be interesting to know which word let him down…

Let down enough to make them two short were yelnats and Jancsika on twenty two whilst vizal was one further back… No sign of RL again today. ☹

Mavenhood required a total of thirty words and rogue_mother regained hers! Along with her were dragonman, 2dognight, myself, ozzyjack and Maudland – well done all in this ongoing endeavour… 😁😁😁
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: March 01, 2022, 04:15:23 PM »
June reckons I am a rough diamond who wouldn't know the meaning of etiquette.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1158 on: March 01, 2022, 05:52:33 PM »
You probably missed netiquette as well then...  >:D >:D >:D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

RL

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: March 01, 2022, 06:09:17 PM »
Thanks RM, unfortunately I don't have much time at present either, so I'll have to let the chance go by the way side.

lisa

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: March 02, 2022, 01:58:09 AM »
June reckons I am a rough diamond who wouldn't know the meaning of etiquette.

You are a diamond though Jack :-*
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1161 on: March 02, 2022, 03:17:30 PM »
Our flagbearer and sole rosetteer today was blackrockrose – well done indeed in a game that saw only seven rosettes from over three hundred and forty players get the necessary twenty two common words!!! 👏👏👏

Many more of us managed to be rosettenears with doxydaisy, auntiemo, dragonman, Roddles, Maudland, yelnats and I missing by that narrowest of margins… I am going to award myself an honorary rosette as I don’t believe MESSIEURS should be classified as a common English word!!! (Alan will hear from me in due course about this... [sorry Alan]  :-R )

Sitting on twenty, which made them two short, were our diminutive 7beamers 2dognight, rogue_mother and ozzy’s june and jack…

On nineteen were Jancsika and vizal who avoided the fateful two short mark by being three short and that looks as far as we go for today.

Mavens were more plentiful than rosettes with doxydaisy, dragonman, rogue_mother, ozzyjack and 2dognight all broaching the thirty eight word threshold to achieve mavenhood today!!!  👏👏👏

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: March 02, 2022, 04:32:19 PM »
Messieurs.......
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #1163 on: March 02, 2022, 04:55:26 PM »
I tried messieur forgetting that messieurs is the irregular plural of monsieur.

Give me Spanish over French any day!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1164 on: March 02, 2022, 05:51:29 PM »
To my mind, yelnats and auntiemo should join me with honorary rosettes - anyone else get tripped up by this "common English" word???

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: March 02, 2022, 06:18:53 PM »
Please include me in the honorary rosette club John! I fail to see how that word is common!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: March 02, 2022, 06:37:57 PM »
I failed to get my muumuu on to welcome the Messieurs.
Regards, Jack

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #1167 on: March 02, 2022, 07:43:54 PM »
I speak French, and often have to bat away French words that spring to mind while playing Chi. Messieurs was the last word I tried, in desperation.

I was very surprised when it was accepted, and I support any requests to have it demoted to rare.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1168 on: March 02, 2022, 09:34:43 PM »
Alan, are you getting this??? I think the general feeling is that messieurs is losing its commonality if not its general inclusion - I notice that most people have been spelling it with a capital M...

Jack, I only got MUUMUU because of Jancsika's recent comment about his muumuu list and that got me to the rosettenear/honorary rosette...
CHICHI for me.

Sometimes I find it, sometimes I don't.

What's for sure is that it's a word I would never use. Indeed I only learned about it from playing this game. I call these words "muumuu words".

dd, you're in the honorary rosette club...  ;D

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 03, 2022, 06:45:17 AM »
I had no trouble with messieurs or muumuu. They weren't even close to the last common words I found. Perhaps that's why I'm a rogue. I surmise that my rosette percentage would go up if I could find the more common words like surer.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area