Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130647 times)

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1125 on: February 24, 2022, 02:56:10 AM »
I seem to be finding it easier to get Maven than a Rosette these days.

I missed SENSELESSNESS again, I think that is the 3rd time it has cost me a rosette.

They say you are never too old to learn but I think I am disproving that.
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 24, 2022, 08:00:40 AM »
Feeling like a silly goose for not finding geese!
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1127 on: February 24, 2022, 03:32:28 PM »
Perversely, having just a single vowel didn’t prevent over half our coterie from finding all the common words.  The bar was set at thirty four common words today and eight of us vaulted that bar to become rosetteers! blackrockrose led the way with auntiemo, dragonman, Roddles, Maudland, ozzyjune, ozzyjack and myself following on behind. Having got reserve late in the piece, I almost missed preserve!!! Well done everyone… 👏👏👏

Jancsika and rogue_mother almost got there but almost is not good enough so they have to make do with a rosettenear! 😁😁😁

2dognight holds the title for being two short today, one ahead of yelnats on thirty one. vizal was next on twenty seven followed by RL on twenty three… It’s just possible we’ve lost ozzymAndias permanently or at least until he returns to Redlands to visit his folks…

Twelve of our number appear to have had our mavenhood restored with that honour going to blackrockrose, rogue_mother, 2dognight, Maudland, ozzyjack, auntiemo, Jancsika, ozzyjune, dragonman, Roddles, myself and yelnats – quite an achievement for our troupe of 7beamers to manage… 😎😎😎
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 25, 2022, 02:05:45 AM »
I wanted to roll up my sleeves and get a rosette, but I couldn't. I was sleeveless!

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 25, 2022, 10:29:21 AM »
Well done 7beamers, great results!

Today’s looks pretty strong too - fingers crossed!

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1130 on: February 25, 2022, 11:38:32 AM »
There have been comments here from time to time that 7bm puzzles allowing -ING or -ED words can be fairly tedious. I've recently tweaked the puzzle generation process so that puzzles like that will be less frequent from now on. They will still happen occasionally - all part of the glorious tapestry of life in Chihuahua land - but a lot less often.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Wibbly Bits

• Logologist
  • Perth, Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 25, 2022, 03:22:31 PM »
Thanks Alan.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1132 on: February 25, 2022, 04:40:11 PM »
Two dozen common words were all that were needed to score a rosette and this saw many 7beamers join the fray with auntiemo, 2dognight, blackrockrose, dragonman, Roddles, rogue_mother*, Maudland, ozzyjune and ozzyjack all joining the rosetteers club – well done everyone… 👏👏👏

RL, vizal and I were not so fortunate and will have to settle for rosettenears – a reasonable effort, to be sure, but I would have preferred to GOFER gold…

I’m happy to report that none of us were in the invidious position of finding ourselves two short but yelnats and Jancsika were three off the pace on twenty one commons found!!!

I feel like I’ve missed someone but I’ve scanned the scoreboard twice and haven’t noticed who that might be – sorry if it’s you…

Mavenhood came easily to rogue_mother, myself, dragonman, RL, auntiemo, Roddles, ozzyjack, 2dognight, vizal and ozzyjune with blackrockrose and Maudland missing out by a single word – that’s quite a haul of mavenhoods!!! 😮😮😮

*edited to include rogue_mother who was the rosetteer I somehow overlooked - I did notice her mavenhood which is probably more important to her...  :o :o :o  >:D >:D >:D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 01:34:34 AM by ridethetalk »
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

RL

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 25, 2022, 06:14:37 PM »
I'll have to FOREGO my first 7BM rosette ,had foregoer   >:(

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1134 on: February 25, 2022, 07:56:30 PM »

Good effort Lisa; it's monumental when you finally get your first 7bm rosette - don't worry, it will come...  ;D ;D ;D

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #1135 on: February 25, 2022, 11:18:22 PM »
Well I am definitely not groovie or groovier, nor gorier even though I tried gorer.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: February 26, 2022, 12:07:32 AM »

RL, I was very nearly in the same position as you.  I almost had to forgo a rosette, but I spotted it very late in the game. I already had forgoer!

I feel like I’ve missed someone but I’ve scanned the scoreboard twice and haven’t noticed who that might be – sorry if it’s you…

'Twas I who was overlooked, rosette-wise, but never fear, your Ride-ship. There are times when a rogue prefers to remain unseen, the better to do her rascally business.

RL

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: February 26, 2022, 08:33:18 AM »
I   was     soooo   proud that I'd caught up to you RM, and then you left me behind  , well done.
Because of the time difference I went to bed thinking I'd achieved my goal of catching you, then while I slept you did it  ;)

RL

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 26, 2022, 08:36:16 AM »
Thanks RTT, not so sure the rosette will come but I'll keep trying, :D

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1139 on: February 26, 2022, 03:28:52 PM »
A particularly difficult puzzle to with twenty six common words being needed for a rosette. There were only seventeen rosettes in total out of three hundred and forty six players so it was no surprise that there were only two rosetteers amongst our number – blackrockrose and, at the last moment getting COONSKIN, myself!!! Woo hoo!!! 😎😎😎

Rosettenears were slightly more plentiful with 2dognight, dragonman and Roddles all missing by one common word – it will be interesting to find out which one…  ??? ??? ???

It always worries me as I get to the two short barrier – will I actually traverse it or will I too be two short??? Today I was fortunate – not so fortunate were auntiemo and doxydaisy… 🤔🤔🤔

One further back was rogue_mother on twenty three while Maudland and ozzyjune were one further back again on twenty two. Twenty one saw Jancsika join the party and another word back on twenty brought yelnats into the fray…

ozzyjack managed nineteen and RL eighteen where she was joined by vizal finishing off our band of rapscallions…

dragonman, doxydaisy and I all managed to achieve a renewed mavenhood whilst rogue_mother fell two short of keeping hers intact – better luck today rm… 😉😉😉