Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130870 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1110 on: February 19, 2022, 03:21:16 PM »
With fifty three commons needed to gain that elusive rosette, I expect that, according to his own principles, ozzyjack will be missing – let’s see if I’m right!!! Rosetteers for today did a good job and dragonman, rogue_mother, doxydaisy and Roddles all managed this task with aplomb!!! 😎😎😎

Maudland and I missed out by the barest of margins and will have to make do with a rosettenear (and no cigar)… Two further back and three off the pace were blackrockrose, auntiemo and Jancsika – at least they avoided being two short!!! 😉😉😉

vizal found forty nine commons all by himself while ozzyjune was joined by yelnats on forty eight. RL came in with thirty eight while ozzyjack just couldn’t help himself and had to find both the common words before leaving…  ;D ;D ;D

One hundred and six words was a high bar to scale for mavenhood and dragonman was the only one in our gang of merry 7beamers to achieve that. It looks like rogue_mother has lost her mavenhood (AGAIN!)…  :o :o :o
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

2dognight

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: February 19, 2022, 06:58:11 PM »
I am one of those,anything over 35 and i am  taking my bat and ball and going home :-C : :-L :-L

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: February 20, 2022, 10:11:21 AM »
That was a real HEMSTITCH-up of a puzzle!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1113 on: February 20, 2022, 11:47:12 AM »
I must have had something in my eye because I failed to see STIES...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: February 20, 2022, 02:49:20 PM »
With fifty three commons needed to gain that elusive rosette, I expect that, according to his own principles, ozzyjack will be missing – let’s see if I’m right!!!

Hi John,

It's got nothing to do with principles.  It has to do with time management when there are too many things to do and not enough time to do all of them.  It becomes a matter of priorities.  In the unlikely event that I am bored and can't find anything else to do, I could quite easily try one of the 7bymanies with more than 30 words.  If I can see a seed word without spending time on it, I can't resist the temptation to put it in.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1115 on: February 20, 2022, 03:27:41 PM »
Sorry, principles was the wrong word, I should have said intentions... I wasn't intending to throw shade at you Jack, just trying to spice up the narrative...  :angel: :angel: :angel:

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1116 on: February 20, 2022, 04:00:42 PM »
Wow! Only eleven rosettes total out of three hundred and fifty players!!! …and not a one from our coterie, maybe Jack’s right to avoid these things…

doxydaisy was our only rosettenear with sixty four common words found – well done Anne.

On sixty three and proving yet again how she can be two short was rogue_mother while dragonman and yelnats were one further back! I was one further back again on sixty one with blackrockrose next on fifty eight and Jancsika and auntiemo teaming up on fifty seven…
I was too busy OPINING about Jack’s principles to notice that my ginkgo could also be spelt GINGKO by jigging two of its letters!!! Let's face it, this is simply a GIGGING I indulge in to keep me off the streets...  :P :P :P

Next from our group was vizal on fifty six followed by ozzyjune on fifty two. Finally, after finding the seed word, both ozzyjack and 2dognight cut and ran. Maudland and RL were MIA.

Mavenhood was a lot easier to achieve than a rosette with the bar set at seventy six words total. doxydaisy, rogue_mother, dragonman and I all cleared that bar so well done us… 😎😎😎

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: February 20, 2022, 10:16:29 PM »
There is just so much pain I will inflict on myself......
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1118 on: February 21, 2022, 04:06:11 PM »
Rosettes were few and far between in today’s WAXIEST 7bm but auntiemo and Roddles showed us that it was possible to be a rosetteer. Well done them and especially auntiemo who achieved hers in almost record time I noticed!!! 👏👏👏 Well done, SWEETIE, I had to AWAIT the finish of the game to SATIATE my curiosity as to which words I missed - you had no such need...

2dognight, dragonman and Maudland almost joined them but, almost is not quite good enough, and they had to make do with a rosettenear after finding twenty five common words!!!

ozzyjune, yelnats, Jancsika and rogue_mother all put a rosette in the too hard basket and found themselves two short as well while vizal and I avoided that fate by missing by three… 😉😉😉

ozzyjack was next on sixteen commons, ten off the pace while RL was again nowhere to be seen…

2dognight, dragonman and rogue_mother all achieved at least forty three words in total and were rewarded for their efforts with a mavenhood. Nice one!!! 😮😮😮
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 04:10:55 PM by ridethetalk »

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: February 22, 2022, 09:06:09 AM »
Mavenhood intact, I'm not quite sure how to make a sentence with testis and sixties that won't make me blush. Let's just say I was two short ;)
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: February 22, 2022, 11:21:07 AM »
Even ‘two short’ made me chortle, under the circumstances…  ;D

This could be my TESTIEST rosettenear yet …

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1121 on: February 22, 2022, 03:53:50 PM »
Only twenty words needed for a rosette today in the ZEALOUS puzzle, with the seed word being an outstanding “gimme” as in, it really did stand out!!! Eight of team strutted their stuff and became rosetteers as a result with 2dognight leading off doxydaisy, auntiemo, blackrockrose, dragonman, Maudland, ozzyjune and ozzyjack – well done all… 👏👏👏

Almost, but not quite, joining them were yelnats, vizal, rogue_mother and Roddles who ended with rosettenears to their names…

I had the signal honour (???) of being the only one of our crew to be two short – I’ll need to get out my book “How to be three inches taller” and stand on it… If only I could discover who has been exercising their LASSOES on my AZALEA bush!

RL managed to find thirteen commons before the clock ran out.

Mavenhood was restricted to just one of our number and dragonman scored the dual honour of rosette and maven! Well done you!!! 👏👏👏
Again it would seem that rogue_mother has lost her mavenhood – I’m not sure how this actually works but her mavenhood has been coming and going with undue regularity this week… 😮😮😮

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: February 23, 2022, 05:40:58 AM »

Again it would seem that rogue_mother has lost her mavenhood – I’m not sure how this actually works but her mavenhood has been coming and going with undue regularity this week… 😮😮😮

Funny thing about mavenhood, isn't it? It does seem that the loss of it isn't irreversible...I might have gotten a rosette if someone hadn't thrown lassoes at me to keep me from preserving my mavenhood.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1123 on: February 23, 2022, 04:39:35 PM »
Only four people out of three hundred and fifty two players managed a rosette and, unfortunately, none of our crew rose to that rosette… Rosettenears, on the other hand,  we managed three thereof with doxydaisy, dragonman and rogue_mother being our members who found the necessary sixty two commons to achieve that mark… 😎😎😎

blackrockrose was our solitary dwarf-like colleague at two short whereas I was next at three off the pace! My SULLENNESS was only exceeded by my NAUSEA at having missed LANGUAGE!!! One further back was yelnats whilst one behind him was ozzyjune on fifty eight. Jancsika was next on fifty seven and then there was a break to vizal on fifty two. On forty four was auntiemo and Roddles got the seed word and skedaddled…

Maudland, ozzyjack and RL were MIA. Perhaps today’s word count will encourage them back???

rogue_mother regained her mavenhood and was joined there by none other than dragonman who seems to be making even more of a habit of these than rogue – well done both of you!!! 👏👏👏

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: February 23, 2022, 05:51:13 PM »
My attention span matched my word count....too short!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia