Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130496 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1080 on: February 12, 2022, 07:12:49 PM »
I am too refeened(sic) to tell you what it gave me to miss Toilette..   As for Momma, I miss it so often that it must be because my psyche blocks it every time.
Regards, Jack

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: February 13, 2022, 02:10:26 AM »
First I missed the cockcrow, then I ran out of oatmeal. My workweek did not go well this week.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: February 13, 2022, 09:56:03 AM »
I was fortunate enough to make it to the toilet and complete my toilette on my way to my rosette, but just barely.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1083 on: February 13, 2022, 04:49:41 PM »
Twenty one today, common words that is, for a rosette! “Not a lot to ask” one might say, yet rosetteers rogue_mother, dragonman, vizal, Maudland and doxydaisy managed this task while 2dognight, Jancsika, Roddles, blackrockrose, ozzyjune and ozzyjack all missed by the smallest of margins making them only rosettenears – one has to ask the question “Was CHICHI the reason they missed out?” and, if so, the next question is “Is CHICHI really that common???”  ??? ??? ???

After a HECTIC final surge, I, together with auntiemo, found myself wanting for elevation into the aforementioned rosetteer and rosettenear clubs by being two short…

RL found sixteen commons while ozzymAndias failed to make an appearance…

Maven hood required thirty four or more words and doxydaisy, dragonman, 2dognight and rogue_mother achieved this distinction with vizal just missing out – well done all of you… 👏👏👏
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #1084 on: February 13, 2022, 04:59:14 PM »
No, it wasn't chichi.

I got ninth and ninetieth, but missed nineteenth.

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #1085 on: February 13, 2022, 05:02:02 PM »
I missed chichi, and I think I have only seen it in my missed list in a previous game. 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 05:03:41 PM by yelnats »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: February 13, 2022, 05:06:20 PM »
“Was CHICHI the reason they missed out?” and, if so, the next question is “Is CHICHI really that common???”

YES.  NO.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 05:08:04 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: February 13, 2022, 05:26:31 PM »
I too missed nineteenth, even after saying aloud that nineteen doesn't have an "H". And my real DUH word was teethe.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1088 on: February 13, 2022, 05:30:08 PM »
“Is CHICHI really that common???”

You all missed your chance to comment on chichi in March last year. I'm not going to reconsider my ruling then until I've dealt with all the other questions raised in the subsequent 11 months!
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: February 13, 2022, 05:35:29 PM »
CHICHI for me.

Sometimes I find it, sometimes I don't.

What's for sure is that it's a word I would never use. Indeed I only learned about it from playing this game. I call these words "muumuu words".

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1090 on: February 14, 2022, 03:34:17 PM »
Twenty nine common words rewarded you with a rosette today and 2dognight, auntiemo, dragonman, doxydaisy, Maudland, Roddles, rogue_mother and I all achieved that milestone to become rosetteers!!! Nice one!!! 😎😎😎

Just missing the rosetteer cut but racking up a rosettenear were blackrockrose, ozzyjune and ozzyjack. Jancsika has the singular honour(???) of being two short for his own good (when I got ACETATE I was concerned about joining him; fortunately, I got out my trusty HATCHET and divvied up my TEACAKE thereby achieving a rosette…)

yelnats was one common word further back on twenty six whilst vizal notched up a quarter century and four off the pace…

RL was next on nineteen commons discovered and ozzymAndias was again a non-starter. If you want to join our coterie of 7beamers, the entrance fee is simply that you post in this forum thread…

Mavenhood required the finding of fifty four or more words in total and rogue_mother and dragonman again burst through that benchmark – well done, yet again… 👏👏👏
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: February 14, 2022, 05:27:08 PM »
I hope you Aussies won't do a HATCHET job on me for failing to get COCKATOO.

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #1092 on: February 14, 2022, 06:15:27 PM »
The mascot for the Commonwealth games in Melbourne was "karak" the black cockatoo who came to a workday on Herring Island. He said he had a hangover from the night before, so I couldn't miss cockatoo.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: February 15, 2022, 12:03:45 PM »
I grabbed a hatchet at the last minute to preserve my rosette and my mavenhood.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1094 on: February 15, 2022, 03:23:34 PM »
Not much joy or CATHARSIS found in this challenging puzzle!!! There were only two rosetteers amongst our band of 7beamers and congratulations should go to both Maudland and auntiemo for successfully navigating their way to all forty one common words… 😎😎😎 Of the three hundred and forty four players, only ten managed this feat!

dragonman and Roddles must have been kicking themselves with only one word to go – a rosettenear is their only compensation!!! So close…    …and yet so far! 😮😮😮

Jancsika was a further two commons back on thirty eight – three off the pace but at least he wasn’t two short!!!

rogue_mother, doxydaisy, yelnats and ozzyjune found thirty seven; blackrockrose thirty five; vizal thirty four and ozzyjack thirty two. Personally, I managed thirty and blending the eleven words I missed into a couple of sentences is simply a bridge too far…

I failed to find either RL or ozzymAndias – maybe they took the suggestion of ozzyjack that 7bms with over forty commons are just too trying (even if ozzyjack didn’t take his own advice!)…

dragonman was our sole maven while rogue_mother fell short by a whole ten words thereby losing her mavenhood! This truly was a tough one!!!