Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130630 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1065 on: February 10, 2022, 09:34:53 AM »
I kept my mavenhood in spite of having a plunging neckline.

RM, your posts make me giggle...  ;D ;D ;D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 10, 2022, 10:24:11 AM »
I kept my mavenhood in spite of having a plunging neckline.

RM, your posts make me giggle...  ;D ;D ;D

Me, too!

Just a drab list from me - LICENSEE, ICICLE, NECKLINE and 🤦‍♀️ SLICK.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: February 10, 2022, 10:25:34 AM »
Super impressed by the Maven Mob 👏🏻

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1068 on: February 10, 2022, 03:25:26 PM »
The wickerwork puzzle needed you to find twenty five common words to achieve that elusive rosette and we had two rosetteers amongst our coterie – congrats to 2dognight and rogue_mother for finding them all!!!

Missing by one and achieving rosettenear status was more popular with doxydaisy, dragonman, Roddles, ozzyjune and ozzyjack all managing to not quite get a rosette… 😉😉😉

Maudland achieved that rare distinction of being right up there but still two short while blackrockrose, auntiemo, Jancsika and I were one further back on twenty two commons found and three off the mark. If I want to get all the common words I might have to get up at COCKCROW and get my WICKERWORK done, so that I can then blow into my COWRIE to announce my achievement!!!

Meanwhile, on twenty one today, we find vizal 😉 celebrating being five off the pace. One further back on an even twenty were yelnats and RL… To round out our troop of word sleuths was ozzymAndias on nine commons found.

Mavenhood was achieved by our Maven Mob of rogue_mother, doxydaisy, ozzyjack and 2dognight who all exceeded the required forty one words. Well done all!!! 👏👏👏 Roddles and ozzyjune just missed mavenhood and are now being deafened by the sound of one hand clapping… 😉😉😉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: February 10, 2022, 03:28:56 PM »
At my age, I guess I forgot about the COCKCROW.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 03:43:28 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1070 on: February 10, 2022, 05:29:58 PM »
At my age, I guess I forgot about the COCKCROW.

I don't know about you, Jack, but it's sooooo uncommon for me to be up at that time of day...  :-S :-S :-S

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: February 11, 2022, 07:48:46 AM »
Happy to be a rosetteer today, mavenhood still intact. The last common I found was (probably no big surprise here) workweek, preceded by cockcrow. As a retired person, I have disavowed all knowledge of such concepts. No wonder these were the last words I found.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1072 on: February 11, 2022, 03:20:10 PM »
With twenty six common words needed for a rosette we saw four of our cadre Roddles, yelnats, 2dognight and Maudland achieve rosetteer status – nice one!!! 😎😎😎

One off the pace rewards you with a rosettenear and auntiemo, dragonman, rogue_mother and ozzyjune were so rewarded…

Hungarian John (Jancsika) was in the unenviable position of being close enough to sniff a rosette but still two short by far to realise it. Meanwhile, doxydaisy, ozzyjack and I were one further back on twenty three commons found. I took my CHESS set out on my SCULL which turned out to be a mistake as the splashing from the oars caused the CELLULOSE board to warp…

RL almost got there with twenty two commons found while vizal and blackrockrose found twenty one. ozzymAndias was our final contender with nine commons extricated from within the seven allowable letters…

Mavenhood was again difficult to achieve with just rogue_mother and dragonman breaking through the sixty word barrier. Well done again, both of you!!! 👏👏👏

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: February 11, 2022, 04:35:27 PM »
Cellulose - colossus - slouch - I'm not witty enough to combine the 3 words I missed in one sentence but I'm certainly an idiot for having slouches but not slouch :-R

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: February 11, 2022, 04:38:08 PM »
Cuss Cuss, I missed out on Couscous.  I am very familiar with Cellulite but was blind to Cellulose. Still, 24/26 ain't bad.
Regards, Jack

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: February 11, 2022, 05:57:49 PM »
I got LEECHES but not LEECH. Doh!

("Luckily" I also missed HOOCH, so my massive howler alone was not the sole cause of my rosettelessness...).

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: February 12, 2022, 02:42:52 AM »
No amount of couscous could interfere with the maintenance of my mavenhood, but rosette? That's another matter.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1077 on: February 12, 2022, 03:06:55 PM »
Just twenty one common words for a rosette today so it was no surprise that there were a handful of rosetteers from our happy clique: 2dognight, doxydaisy, me, dragonman and rogue_mother all deserve congratulations (especially me!!! 😉) 👏👏👏

Another (largish) handful missed by a smidge: blackrockrose, auntiemo, Maudland, Jancsika, ozzyjune and Roddles achieved rosettenear status as a result but, unfortunately, no cigar…

yelnats and ozzyjack needed to find a step ladder to lift their spirits as they were both two short…

vizal was next on seventeen commons uncovered – four off the pace; RL found fourteen while ozzymAndias found the seed word and immediately left the room!!!

dragonman and rogue_mother maintained their mavenhood by totalling thirty nine words found. Well done both of you – you seem to be making this a habit… 😎😎😎

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: February 12, 2022, 05:35:06 PM »
I'm just going to tootle on by as if nothing had happened...

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #1079 on: February 12, 2022, 06:01:50 PM »
I seem to be making a speciality of missing "Doh!" words to cost me a rosette. Tattoo this time.