Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129513 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1035 on: February 04, 2022, 07:31:04 PM »
Thirty nine words is just within the bounds to see ozzyjack playing and our rosetteers for the day are, drum roll please, dragonman. doxydaisy and Maudland  well done all three of you...🤗🤗🤗

Another three of us were rosettenears with those achieving almost rosettes being Roddles, rogue_mother and blackrockrose  congrats on almost getting rosettes...

None of us suffered the indignity of being two short I'm happy to report. Next up, and three off the pace, were Jancsika and ozzyjune with me just one word in arrears of them on thirty five. yelnats was next on thirty four whilst vizal was on an even thirty...

auntiemo and ozzyjack tied on twenty nine commons discovered just pipping R at the post on twenty eight... No sign of ozzymAndias...

Mavenhood required a total exceeding sixty eight words found and a triumvirate of rogue_mother, dragonman and doxydaisy all achieved this level of competency - nicely done!!! 🤩🤩🤩
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Roddles

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: February 05, 2022, 08:14:24 AM »
Hats off to Roddles
Got lucky that time. Deadwood was my last word. I wouldn't read too much into my score. You may have noticed that I'm often close to my wife, Pattiecake, in the word count. It's a bit of a hare and tortoise event. Whereas I tend to start off going as fast as I can (mainly to see how Sir Bidoff does it), I soon fall asleep and when I wake up Pattiecake is far ahead. As the closing time gets closer we start comparing word counts, which generally gives us enough focus to boost our score. A good example is today's 7bm, not yet closed. I found it particularly difficult but when I woke from my nap yesterday Pattiecake had bolted to a rosette. It is only because today I wheedled her word count out of her for my final two words that I managed to finish. I have to say that there are two benchmarks that spur us on: Rogue Mother and Ozzyjune. I always get an extra hit of competitive adrenaline when I see RM fighting for that last word or two  ;D

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: February 05, 2022, 09:15:14 AM »
Being a rosettenear is definitely an improvement over the past few days. The word I missed was sootiest, which perhaps I could have found if I had only cleaned my glasses.

I have to say that there are two benchmarks that spur us on: Rogue Mother and Ozzyjune. I always get an extra hit of competitive adrenaline when I see RM fighting for that last word or two  ;D

It seems that I have that effect on a number of players lol including myself. The statistics have been posted for the end of January, and I was amazed to see that my rosette percentage has risen from 14.8% in 2021 to 32.3% for 2022 to date. My mavenhood percentage has also risen, from 56.9% in 2021 to 93.5% for 2022 to date. Perhaps there's something to having one's performance scrutinized publicly on a daily basis ;-) February is starting off slow, however, so those percentages may be on the decline by the end of the month.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1038 on: February 05, 2022, 03:37:01 PM »
MAMBA, MAMBO and BORON - there's almost no way I can think of to combine these in a sentence that makes sense!!!

Another challenging low scoring game but 2dognight, Roddles, yelnats, ozzyjune, Maudland, doxydaisy and ozzyjack still managed to get all the twenty common words - well done all!!! 🤩🤩🤩

blackrockrose, Jancsika, dragonmman and auntiemo all scored enough to become rosettenears but still not enough to get a rosette! What words let you down???

rogue_mother was again in the invidious position of losing stature by being two short - dang!!! 😊😊😊

On seventeen common words found and three off the pace was my own good self. 😢😢😢

Its quite ABNORMAL for vizal to miss the seed word but, there you go... He did find fourteen commons though!

RL and ozzymAndias both were one further word back on (unlucky for them) thirteen...

Mavenhood only required a grand total of thirty three words yet only dragonman and 2dognight achieved this not-so lofty goal - well done both of you... 👏👏👏

edited to include HJ whom I, for some ungodly reason, missed the first time around...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 09:38:37 PM by ridethetalk »
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: February 05, 2022, 03:56:50 PM »
This one made a monkey out of me.....I missed BABOON !!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: February 05, 2022, 04:27:20 PM »
BLOOMing Last Word Syndrome....

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #1041 on: February 05, 2022, 05:36:26 PM »
This one made a monkey out of me.....I missed BABOON !!

Did you get bonobo? Much nicer primates!

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: February 05, 2022, 11:58:21 PM »

Did you get bonobo? Much nicer primates!
[/quote]

No...they're not common...apparently  :D
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: February 06, 2022, 05:47:56 AM »
Too diminutive again! I made a booboo when I tried to do a ballroom dance with a very tall partner.

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #1044 on: February 06, 2022, 09:21:20 AM »
Sneaky snaky mamba.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: February 06, 2022, 11:45:22 AM »
I so nearly slipped on a BANANA … 😳

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1046 on: February 06, 2022, 08:04:17 PM »
I’m baaaack!!! Yes, I’ve been away AGAIN!!! …as can be seen with my score – too many missed words to relate!

Forty eight commons needed for a rosette – dragonman led us off with doxydaisy and Roddles close behind; not many rosetteers today so kudos to those who managed it… 👏👏👏

rogue_mother, ozzyjack and ozzyjune were our rosettenears and it was Maudland’s turn to lose stature by being two short!!! 😉😉😉 It was interesting to note that ozzyjack’s attention span still has its limits as it was unclear to me whether we’d see him compete in this one! 🤣🤣🤣

auntiemo was three off the pace and blackrockrose four while Jancsika (HJ) managed forty three words found. yelnats had the answer to life, the universe and everything but was still six words short of the mark!!! 😒😒😒

vizal found thirty eight; RL found twenty seven and I managed just twenty five!

If someone can let me know the benchmark to maven, I’ll fill in the rest. Thanks in advance…

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: February 07, 2022, 01:42:20 AM »
Maven was 35.
At a quick glance  RM and I got there.

OOPS,SORRY . I was looking at todays game   :-[
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 04:18:06 AM by Dragonman »
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: February 07, 2022, 02:50:13 AM »
Maven was 80 - looks like doxydaisy made it too.

I got fired from that puzzle - FIREFLIES and SUREFIRE left me short, too short …

Hope you’ve had some fun trips, John!

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: February 07, 2022, 06:12:58 AM »
My mavenhood was intact, but the usurer stole my rosette.