Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129343 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1005 on: January 28, 2022, 03:20:13 PM »
With only twenty four words needed to get a rosette, you’d think more of us would have managed it! Our rosetteers were doxydaisy, auntiemo and rogue_mother and hats off to them all…

We had more rosettenears in ozzyjune, Roddles (end of your run Rod – how many was that???), Maudland and ozzyjack – congrats on getting so close…

2dognight, Jancsika, your correspondent and yelnats were all stuck on that unenviable score which is two short (personally, what with Covid, I’m now two short for my weight!!! – I’ve really got to get out more…) – perhaps I’m too ALOOF but missing by two will always APPAL me!!! 😉😉😉

RL and blackrockrose were one further back on twenty one commons found – good job Roger and Lisa, you’re really getting into the swing of things…

vizal and dragonman scored an even twenty while ozzymAndias seemed to have better things to do once he’d got the seed word… 🤔🤔🤔

dragonman and rogue_mother were again our sole mavens – well done both of you!!! 👏👏👏
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: January 28, 2022, 04:30:02 PM »
What do you think?  Should I flagellate myself for missing Flagella?

I think I will be kind to myself because I appear to have been in good company.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1007 on: January 29, 2022, 12:02:39 AM »

Yes, yes, yes!!!  ;D ;D ;D Just kiddin'...  ;) ;) ;)
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: January 29, 2022, 07:37:50 AM »

I think I will be kind to myself because I appear to have been in good company.

You’re definitely not alone, Jack! Isn’t there a famous chef called Flagella?

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: January 29, 2022, 09:27:53 AM »
I was happy to be a rosetteer yesterday, but it took some doing. Paella was my last common word, which I sometimes miss and often struggle to see. Flagella was next to last. Getting to maven was a real trek, and along the way I spotted a few words that could be added to the lexicon ;-) :

flogg - to administer a beating with a cat o' ten tails
     flogpole - the stick one uses to beat a dead horse with
     galoop - the gait of a lumbering galoot

Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1010 on: January 29, 2022, 03:23:55 PM »
Being on one common word left (rosettenear) can have a detrimental effect upon one’s hit rate – just sayin’…

It can result in some serendipitous finds however: from Wikipedia: “A hoose (or houss) is a biggin that fowk bide in. It is kent as thair hame an aw. Fowk that dinnae huv a hoose are kent as hameless fowk.” which made me laugh… If you don’t get this, just sound it out…  ;D ;D ;D

Lots of rosetteers today so, without further ado, here they are: doxydaisy, Roddles, blackrockrose, yelnats, dragonman and Maudland – good job all!!!

2dognight, ozzyjune, ozzyjack, Jancsika and I all managed rosettenears though I could have sworn I’d tried HEELLESS (though I’ve got to say it just looks odd)!!! Close but no cigar…

Being two short today means you found twenty one common words and auntiemo, vizal and rogue_mother did just that; I’d like to offer them my book “How to be three inches taller” – once you have it, all you need do is stand on it… 😉😉😉

Next up was RL on nineteen and there was no sign of ozzymAndias…

Mavenhood came easier today with rogue_mother,  dragonman, 2dognight, doxydaisy, ozzyjune, blackrockrose, me and yelnats all finding the needed thirty three words for this award. Meanwhile, ozzyjack and auntiemo only just failed to make the grade!!!

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: January 29, 2022, 04:19:01 PM »
I got whoosh and  whooshes...tried woosh( not common)..and totally missed swoosh and swooshes. I'm pretty sure my brain was feeling like it  trapped in the washing machine.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #1012 on: January 29, 2022, 06:05:34 PM »
Hilarious, auntiemo ;D ;D ;D

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: January 30, 2022, 09:40:54 AM »
I missed welsh and welshes. No wonder I'm too short!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1014 on: January 30, 2022, 03:23:02 PM »
A handful of rosetteers today with 2dognight leading off dragonman, Maudland, Roddles and ozzyjune – well done all…

Our rosettenears doxydaisy, yelnats, auntiemo, blackrockrose, Jancsika and ozzyjack were in greater numbers – those final words can be tricky…

To have found twenty one common words will make you two short today and I had that solitary honour today – one of my ARRANT words was NATAL; no prizes for guessing what the other was… 😉 😉 😉

Next came vizal on eighteen, five off the pace and then RL on fifteen. I couldn’t see any others from our happy little band of 7bmers (possibly pronounced seven bummers???) but, if I’ve missed you, I apologise…

Mavenhood required a half century and rogue_mother, dragonman, ozzyjack and 2dognight were all up to the task – congrats, one and all…

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #1015 on: January 30, 2022, 04:04:56 PM »
I'll need to ALTAR my approach to finding that elusive last word.

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #1016 on: January 30, 2022, 10:13:32 PM »
ARRANT nonsense that it's common!

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: January 31, 2022, 06:18:58 AM »
No longer too short, but it was rattan that I didn't make it as a rosetteer, merely a rosettenear.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1018 on: January 31, 2022, 03:34:16 PM »
With only thirty common words to find, there were a handful (if your hand has seven fingers) of rosetteers from our happy band of 7beamers – 2dognight led the way with doxydaisy, Roddles, dragonman, Maudland ozzyjune and ozzyjack all managing the task – well done!!! 👏👏👏

auntiemo and I scored rosettenears each – my only mistake was not getting BOOBOO!!! 🤣🤣🤣

There were two 7beamers, blackrockrose and Jancsika, who put getting a rosette in the two hard basket and fell two short while rogue_mother and yelnats were able to avoid that pun by being one further back on twenty seven commons uncovered…

vizal managed twenty four commons discovered and RL rounded out our merry clique with a sturdy seventeen.

With mavenhood requiring knowledge of the answer to life, the universe and everything, it was pleasing to see a large number of 7beamers fall into this category. doxydaisy led us off on fifty seven with rogue_mother, dragonman, myself, ozzyjack, auntiemo, Roddles, ozzyjune, yelnats and blackrockrose achieving this distinction – Maudland and 2dognight get honourable mentions having missed by a solitary word!!!

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: January 31, 2022, 05:40:46 PM »
I need a bootee up the the Khyber. :D
Apparently it's catching!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia