Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129540 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #990 on: January 25, 2022, 03:53:13 PM »
It will be interesting to discover the word that tripped her up!!! You too Jack…

As being inane is totally foreign to me, it is no wonder that it was the word I missed. >:D ;D :-[

Annul, Linen and Vanilla were the other uncommon words that caused me difficulty. :laugh:
Regards, Jack

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #991 on: January 25, 2022, 04:55:33 PM »
Missed venial which would have been a guess anyway. I also missed anneal which I had the day before. I'm wondering if my brain thought I still had it.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #992 on: January 25, 2022, 05:01:03 PM »
Missed venial which would have been a guess anyway. I also missed anneal which I had the day before. I'm wondering if my brain thought I still had it.

That happens...  :-R :-R :-R
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: January 26, 2022, 03:28:47 AM »

rogue_mother and ozzyjack were rosettenears whilst yelnats and HJ(Jancsika) can now be considered two short… I noticed rogue_mother active right up until the final bell. It will be interesting to discover the word that tripped her up!!! You too Jack…

I may need to anneal my brain after missing a word that I usually find.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #994 on: January 26, 2022, 03:35:02 PM »
Another high word count game today with fifty three common words required to get a rosette. Even so, three of our number managed this task to get rosetteer status: 2dognight, dragonman and Roddles (who maintains his roll!) – well done all three of you!!! 👏👏👏

doxydaisy was our sole rosettenear showing the difficulties with these high word count games – give yourself a pat on the back for getting so close Anne – what word prevented your rosette??? 🤔🤔🤔

Maudland and rogue_mother were bowed down by the pressure of being two short while ozzyjune and yelnats were one further back on an even fifty…

vizal garnered forty nine commons, three ahead of Jancsika on forty six. I discovered forty four – nine short of a rosette. You would have to AGREE that, with my failure to ARRANGE for my ACREAGE of GREENGAGE to not produce the odd ALLERGAN, the CARNAGE resulting caused me to take time out to REARRANGE the contents of my bookcase by GENRE – that’s me, the ARRANGER… (Whew!!!) 😉

auntiemo discovered the meaning of life, the universe and everything and then there was a big gap to ozzymAndias on thirty and was the last of our cohort who attempted  this difficult puzzle.

Mavens were also difficult to acquire with dragonman, doxydaisy, rogue_mother and me the only ones managing the eighty seven words in total needed to achieve mavenhood… 👏👏👏
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #995 on: January 26, 2022, 04:09:33 PM »
Why did I miss having larger when I had large, enlarge and enlarger?

I'll forgive myself greengage and gnarl.

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: January 26, 2022, 04:39:03 PM »
I missed gangrene and if anyone needs a pat on the back it's you John for your expert daily report on how well everyone has done. I'm wondering how long it takes you to do that? If it was left up to me, it would take hours!

Me personally, working in aged care and dealing with what I deal with, especially now on the Gold Coast, chi is my saving grace and I always look forward to each and every game to keep my sanity. Huge thanks to Alan, John and everyone who gets involved in the forum. I may not respond every day but I read everyone's comments everyday.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #997 on: January 26, 2022, 04:47:50 PM »
I missed gangrene and if anyone needs a pat on the back it's you John for your expert daily report on how well everyone has done. I'm wondering how long it takes you to do that? If it was left up to me, it would take hours!

Me personally, working in aged care and dealing with what I deal with, especially now on the Gold Coast, chi is my saving grace and I always look forward to each and every game to keep my sanity. Huge thanks to Alan, John and everyone who gets involved in the forum. I may not respond every day but I read everyone's comments everyday.

To hear that you work in aged care and yet you didn't see gangrene in this last 7bm makes me happy for those you care for...  :angel: :angel: :angel:

As for how long it takes, this last one took about half an hour - what with having to try to construct a paragraph containing all my missed words that made a modicum of sense!!!  :-R :-R :-R The toughest part is to try to keep it fresh...  ;D ;D ;D

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: January 26, 2022, 05:13:41 PM »
Haha John it's just as well I'm not a nurse otherwise I think I would've lost my job if I failed to see gangrene on a resident!

Half an hour to do what you do? That's incredible! I definitely have a procrastination problem before I post anything so I think it would take me all day to do what you do.. hats off to you!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #999 on: January 26, 2022, 05:43:57 PM »
Stream of consciousness, stream of consciousness...  :-C :-L

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1000 on: January 26, 2022, 05:46:57 PM »
Why did I miss having larger when I had large, enlarge and enlarger?

I'll forgive myself greengage and gnarl.

...because, if you'd got larger, you would have been two short???  ??? ??? ???  ...and that would have been a contradiction... :-R :-R :-R
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 05:49:27 PM by ridethetalk »

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: January 27, 2022, 07:39:11 AM »

...because, if you'd got larger, you would have been two short???  ??? ??? ???  ...and that would have been a contradiction... :-R :-R :-R

LOL

I will not renege on the claim that greengage is possibly not common.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1002 on: January 27, 2022, 03:21:37 PM »
Well, I wouldn’t be the GLUMMEST having got the seed word in today’s puzzle but I’m surely glummer than the rosetteers in our merry band of forumites. Props to auntiemo, 2dognight, rogue_mother, Roddles (who continues his winning streak!) and doxydaisy. 👏👏👏

On twenty one words found and one off the pace were our rosettenears dragonman and Maudland. Close but no cigar!!! 😉

ozzyjune and ozzyjack were both in the unenviable position of being two short but, as they say, misery loves company…  :D :D :D

Nineteen commons found saw me team up with vizal at three off the pace – having found glute and gluteus, it seems GLUTES was beyond me! Perhaps I’ve bean [sic] more interested in doing something with that spare TULLE to figure out something to do for dinner with all the LEGUMEs in my pantry…

yelnats was next on eighteen followed by the welcome return of RL on seventeen while blackrockrose and Jancsika were sweet sixteen again. ozzymAndias scored fourteen commons found which rounded out our clique of 7bm’ers…

Mavenhood was achieved by dragonman and rogue_mother only so well done them…

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: January 28, 2022, 07:12:43 AM »
I missed glutes but got glute.  June missed Glute but got glutes.  We both missed Lessee  which we had got several times in the last month.  Them's the breaks.
Regards, Jack

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: January 28, 2022, 11:50:21 AM »
I was USELESS!